Fighting for Life | ✓

بواسطة sakaimorwyn

She doesn't fit in the family. Her family is perfect if you don't include her. Her family is overprotective o... المزيد

0 | INTRO
1 | I've got a company
2 | Lonely between mine
3 | The new student
4 | He caught my act
5 | I collapsed
6 | Thank you, Finch
7 | Breakfast with Him
8 | Curious person
9 | Do they love me?
10 | A dream
11 | New car
12 | Most beautiful eyes
13 | Am I worth loving?
14 | The project
15 | Hanging out with 'strangers'
16 | We are not pussies, Harvey
17 | Drug dealer?
18 | Watch me succeed, father
19 | Why, Arianna?
20 | Late night visit
21 | Kissed him
22 | Half Italian breed
23 | His story
24 | He needs you
25 | Stay at Fletchers'
26 | Girl Talk
28 | Happy Birthday
29 | Gifts
30 | Him & I
31 | Is that my dad?
32 | Father-daughter time
33 | I need you
34 | Promises and Home
35 | In love
36 | The need
37 | Control
38 | A lie
39 | Distant and graduated
40 | Trouble in paradise
41 | Hot and sweaty
42| Unexpected visit
43 | It's time
44 | Really cool
45 | Leaving
46 | With him
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Frost and Fire | Levi

27 | Unexpectedly surprised

461 23 0
بواسطة sakaimorwyn

After I showed Harvey and Archer the guestrooms, I decided to have a long hot shower. The way today went, it was needed.

Guess what? Iris was staying with Harvey. And I really hope they are using protection because I'm not ready to be a Godmother or an aunt.

By the time I finished my shower, my mother had called everyone downstairs for dinner.

"Mrs. Fletcher, you didn't have to cook for us. We could've have managed something," Archer was saying to my mother when I reached there.

"If you are staying here, you will have to follow some rules. And the main rule is only to eat homemade food in this house," she said, serving the table.

"I don't eat fast food. What I meant was that if you allowed me in the kitchen, I could've have made something. After all, I'm going to be here for a week minimum, I may as well make myself home. Besides, I'm not going to ask you every time I'm hungry, which is—" Raiden said

"All the time," I finished for him, taking a seat between him and Harvey.

"Where's aunt?" I asked her since I didn't see her

"She was worried when Derek came, so he took her out," she told me before going back to the kitchen to bring something.

"It's been a long time. Well, I hope they enjoy their night off," I said and started serving my friends.

I have to say my mother made the best food ever.

"I never thought I'll live the day you will serve me food, Little one," Harvey mused.

"Oh, shut up, Harvey, I do serve you when I make the breakfast. You are just not present to witness it," I said

"Yeah, whatever," he muttered before digging in his food.

My father was observing all four of us with unnamed emotion in his eyes. I couldn't point what it was. But I could tell it was very positive.

I didn't dare meet his eyes. I knew to let my friends stay here was a really big thing. And how he agreed is beyond me.

The dining table was silent, except for Iris and Harvey's conversation.

"Damn, talk about the awkward," Archer muttered in my ear.

"Welcome to my world, Raiden," I whispered back.

"Archer," my father said, making Archer give him all his attention, "What do you do to earn money? I hear your father cut you off from the funds?"

Way to go, dear daddy. You had to bring up his father.

I place my hand on his knee to relax him, knowing he was tense as hell at the mention of his father.

Thankfully Harvey was paying attention and answered for him calmly, "We own Wanderlust,"

"The Wanderlust? The automobile modification company?" My father asked with appreciation and surprise laced in his voice.

The Wanderlust?

I snap my head towards Harvey in surprise. I knew the motto of their company sounded familiar. I just didn't connect the dots.

I work for them. I work for the same company they own: The Wanderlust.

Whoa.

"That exact one," Harvey confirmed

Just wow.

The world is so small.

"Impressive. How come you both are only in High school and have advanced knowledge about automobiles?"

"We read, work, and learn. We have the best team of engineers and mechanics. And a very talented designer, planner, and advisor," he said

"That's really nice. And I hope you kids are planning to get a degree. You can't learn everything by reading books," my father said, looking between him and Raiden.

"We are going to Cornell University," Raiden said, finally collecting himself.

"Smart kids, I see," he nodded.

"Sir, whom you need to appreciate is Arianna," Raiden swung his left hand on my shoulders, earning a glare from my parents, "She's been accepted to Harvard business school and MIT Sloan,"

My father was surprised as if he didn't expect that.

"Why didn't you tell us, AJ? Did you apply without asking us? Anyway, where are you studying?" My mother asked

"MIT Sloan," I replied quietly.

I wait for protests to come. But they never came. Then I realized my friends were here, and maybe they didn't want to create a scene in front of them.

We finished our food in silence after that. I helped my mother with the table and dishes.

Then she went to her room with the father, leaving us kids here in the living room. But not before warning to go to sleep before midnight and in different rooms.

Harvey and Iris were snuggled together on the couch while I and Archer were seated on the floor on the corner where the couch formed an 'L'.

Iris had put some fictional movie on Netflix. Archer and I didn't make any move to touch each other. We were a foot apart.

I almost wanted him to come and pull me to his warm side and put his arm around me. Almost. But we were in the living room of my parents' house.

That didn't stop Iris and Harvey, though.

You aren't dating Archer, Arianna. He doesn't even like you that way, so throw that thought out of the window.

Right.

I wasn't interested in watching a man turn into a giant green guy. So I leaned my head on the side of the couch and closed my eyes.

In my slumber, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and tuck me into a very warm and comfortable side. It was a hard but comfortable side.

I shifted a little, so I was wrapped around that object—it's a pillow, I thought—like a cocoon.

*

I woke up by my alarm, blaring in my ears. I shut it off quickly and try to get up but couldn't.

I got up and made my way to the bathroom and did my daily routine and got dressed.

I fell asleep in the living room, guess Raiden would have brought me here. Hell, why didn't I got upstairs myself when I knew I was about to fall asleep? I made that guy lift me and climb those stairs in the middle of the night.

Shut up. You like it.

Yes.

I do. Like it. Raiden.

But he's my friend, and I don't want to cross that limit. I already feel like I'm vandalizing it by just thinking like that or having those feelings for him.

Besides, I need to focus on my career first. And prove myself to my father.

I was stretching my muscles in the driveway when the door opened and Archer came out in all his glory. Oh, and he had a white tee shirt on.

Such a coincidence I was wearing a white tee too. Guess we are matching today.

"Hey," he greeted when he saw me.

"You woke up late today," I remarked.

He was always at the park by the time I got there. And he lived near Miami Beach. And it was quite a little far away from the calisthenics park we train at. And in half an hour, you don't get there even if you go running from his house.

"Well, I thought I would go with you today," he shrugged.

I smiled at that, and we started walking out of the driveway and set a steady pace, running.

Like always, we trained in silence. Saying some things here and there to each other to improve the posture or something like that.

We trained an hour more than usual because we had no school, and my family won't be up until eight.

By the time we got to my house, Harvey was already shuffling around in the kitchen.

"Oh, thank fuck you are here!" He exclaimed a soon as we step foot in the living room, "I can't find a damn thing in this kitchen! And I am starving!"

We laughed when he said that, but his glare made us shut up right after. Dude, never mess with Harvey when he wants food.

"I want FOOD!" He growled, glaring at me.

"Dude, have patience," I said, making my way to the kitchen. I knew that if I went there after taking a shower, he would go mad by then. I had to cook him something or get him everything he needs for whatever he wants to cook.

"Patience?! I will tell you that when you are fucking RAVENOUS!" he snapped

"Oh, boy, I know. I just don't show it. Just tell me what you need," I said

"Eggs, spinach, rice, cornflour, fruits, some veggies, oats, and peanut butter," he muttered.

"Dude, it's breakfast, not lunch," I said but got everything he asked and played on the island anyway.

"Shut up," he mumbled and told me to get the fuck out and a nice shower. His words, not mine.

I followed Archer upstairs, and while he went to the guest room he was staying in, I went to my room to freshen up.

When I returned back downstairs, I saw Archer, Iris, and Harvey already on the dining table. And surprisingly, my father was there too, chatting with Iris about something.

And by the look of his face, he didn't seem disapproving or anything. In fact, he seemed interested in whatever she was saying.

Whoa.

Don't get me wrong, I love my father to death even though we fight and sometimes don't get along. But right now, the sight of him laughing with my friends is very unexpected.

He never laughed with me. I waited for the pang of jealousy to hit me, but it never did. In fact, my friends and my father getting along makes me giddy.

Like, really.

* * *

seeing your parents with your friends can make your heart  and head go crazy

in a good way and in a bad way too. depends

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

452K 15.3K 24
Ever since Liz was born into the world, her parents have always beaten her and made her feel worthless. Then, at the age of eighteen, her parents ha...
87.4K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...
1.1K 77 49
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
471K 17.8K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...