Dear Little Deaf Boy

By Happyfaceforever

Jasper's voice was like waiting for a rain storm during a drought. You got excited when the clouds got grey h... More

Dear Little Deaf Boy
DLDB:2
DLDB:3
DLDB4
DLDB:5
DLDB:6
DLDB:7
DLDB:8
DLDB:9
DLDB:10
DLDB:11
DLDB:12
DLDB:13
DLDB:14
DLDB:15
DLDB.16
DLDB:17
DLDB:18
DLDB:19
DLDB:20
DLDB:21
DLDB:22
DDB:23
DLDB:24
DLDB:25
DLDB:26
DLDB:27
DLDB: 28
DLDB:29
DLDB: 30
Authors Note
DLDB: 31
DLDB:32
DLDB:33
DLDB:34
DLDB:35
DLDB:36
DLDB:37
DLDB:38
DLDB: 39
DLDB: 39 P2
DLDB: 39 P3
DLDB:40
DLDB:41
DLDB:42
DLDB:43
DLDB:44
DLDB:45
DLDB:46
DLDB:47
DLDB:48
Wattys
DLDB:49
DLDB:50
DLDB:51
DLDB:52
DLDB:53
DLDB:54
DLDB:55
DLDB: 56
DLDB:57
DLDB:58
DLDB:59
DLDB:60
DLDB:61
DLDB:62
DLDB:63
DLDB:64
DLDB:66
DLDB:67
DLDB:67 (Part 2)
DLDB:68
AUTHORS NOTE ( READ)
DLDB:69
DLDB: 69 Pt.2
DLDB:70
DLDB:71
DLDB:72
DLDB:73
DLDB:74
DLDB:75
DLDB:76
DLDB:77
DLDB:77
DLDB:78

DLDB:65

13.6K 608 234
By Happyfaceforever

"If we walk far enough, we shall sometime come to someplace."

~ ~

                 " Kinsley." His eyes analyzed his surroundings. " So this is what my money goes to glitter and twirling."

My jaw clenches yet I force a tight smile " Should I spend it on Xannies like all the other kids?"

He chuckled " Daughter of mine, you're not like the other kids." He wasn't subtle about the distasteful looks he had given my friends

" Nice to see you to Mr.P." Gurney spoke.

" Adam." My Dad said in acknowledgement causing Gurney's group of friends to giggle at his first name. But my fathers cold blue eyes shut ended there giggles. And the tension that ran through the air was thick.

" What are you doing here Dad?" I asked bluntly.

" The same thing all the other parents are doing, being supportive."

I scoff and mimic " Father of mine. You're not like all the other parents."

" Damn right." Sully mumbled practically drooling, Peter nudged her to snap out of it. " Where all thinking it." She whispered loudly. " Where gonna go get those free candy canes." Roozy said grabbing Sully to prevent her from doing any more flirting she pouted as he dragged her away Petey following after them.

" After all theses years what made tonight so special?"

" Don't do this Kinsley, you know I'm haven't had the time."

" You didn't answer the question."

Years, after all these years he comes now. I imagined myself to be excited for this day. Years ago I would have wanted nothing more than to come to one of the shows. But now, now I don't want him here. He doesn't deserve to be here. Not with me or my friends the people that support me. He doesn't deserve to share this moment, nor does he deserve to ruin it.

" You're a child Kinsley. I don't have to answer your questions. Yet, since you asked so nicely. Tonights special because I'm here. I excepted to you be excited to see me." He proclaimed his face unwavering. Not smile, or glint in the eye.

" I thought You've would of known better than to expect things from me Father."

" I expect surprises. And your choice of friends certainly does baffle me. Care to introduce."

" Another time."

" Oh don't be rude Kins. I'm Beatrice sir." Bee said stepping forward.

" Right, I remember you. You're the Harvard girl." Bee raises her chin proudly. " That I am."

" Shame, Kinsley could use some company at Dartmouth next fall."

It didn't matter how many times I said, or screamed or yelled it. In his mind Dartmouth was my future, the future he aligned was still in place and the dream of Juilliard was just a dream to him. A dream that just wouldn't come true. Each of my friends all knowing that Dartmouth wasn't where I was planning to go. But none of us spoke against him, Bee looked at me wondering if I would swoop in and crash his Dartmouth fancy, because I did. He would only crash mine.

" If anything she should jump on the ship to Harvard. I don't know how I'll make it without her." Bee wrapped her arm around me squeezing me tightly. He always liked Bee, he wasn't a fan of her flamboyant wardrobe yet, she knew how to charm parents. He pleased I was hanging with some one with such high academics.

" Same here. I don't think I could make it in Paris alone. Kinsley's been there plenty of times. ." Nani added.

He admired her poise, and used her as the standard of etiquette I should display. Nani was ladylike and coolheaded, although he never considered her the stature of intelligence. But together he saw Nani and Bee as perfect balance. People who could influence both of there positive traits on to me creating the perfect daughter.

" I'm happy my daughter has you two as such great influences."

" What about me?" Gurney asked with a playful grin already knowing the answer. " I mean I'm not Harvard law or Pretty girl Paris. But I've taught Kinsley a thing or two."

" Is that so?"

Gurney nodded confident " Oh course it is . Because of me Twinkle Toes can burp the alphabet backwards. Show me what you go Kins. Make me proud." It was true, when we where 15 we drunk 3 liters of soda and sat in the hall burping for over an hour until I mastered it. Not my proudest moment.

Oh God

I scowl at Gurney letting him know it was not the time for jokes. " He's kidding." I said hoping to feel the awkward moment with a fake chuckle.

" Totally, but because of me she can play Feliz Navidad on the guitar."

" Well that is impressive-"

" With her feet." He finished.

Another moment I'm not proud of. The group tries there best to old in there giggle as Gurney irritates my Dad once again.

" A son of surgeons teaches my daughter how to play the guitar with her feet." My Dad said to himself not understanding how neurosurgeon and a plastic surgeon could have birthed Gurney.

" I don't like to brag." Gurney shrugged cluelessly.

    Everyone had been introduce, all  but  Jasper. And I kinda wanted to leave it that way. I wasn't embarrassed of him, it was my Dad I was embarrassed of him. He was blunt and cold didn't care much of any about how other people felt. And I knew he looked down on those from the east side.

There was no avoiding this. His eyes flickered between the two of us.

" Dad this is Jasper..." Gurney nudged me forcing me to continue " My boyfriend."

Jasper held his ground and to my surprise extending his arm out for a handshake. " Nice to finally meet you sir. Your daughter is expectational."

There hands never met as my Father looked down at it with bleak and cold expression leaving Jasper hanging. Eventually getting the message Jasper pulled his hand back to his side.

" That she is. Which makes me question her habit of mediocrity." 

" Dad." I interjected already seeing things where going south

" It's okay Kinsley. I've heard worse. Although, I don't consider myself mediocre. I realized the most ordinary people are the ones who can hear. There's nothing mediocre about being deaf."  Jasper smirked and I couldn't help but do the same.

" Is that all you have to offer? Your lack of hearing." My Dad scowled.

" It's better than a lack of humor." Jasper chuckled while the rest of tried to subtlety hide ours.

My Father was clearly agitated his blue eyes narrowed at Jasper. " Let's go Kinsley I've made dinner reservations at Jardin d'oliviers. Thought it be best that we have a family dinner."

"Dad, I've got a date with Jasper."

" I'm sure In N Out Burger can wait until tomorrow."

I stare at him blankly because he knows just as well as I know that we won't be in town tomorrow because of the Gala.  " But we're leaving tomorrow." I replied. " What if Jasper comes to dinner with us?" I suggest. Causing not only My Dad to tense but Jasper as well.

" Family Dinner." He said sternly.

"  We never have family dinners." I stated

" That's why where in desperate need of one. Let's go Kinsley Elizibeth. Before we miss the reservation. I'll meet you in the car." And with that he walked off.

" He's intense."  Fawn spoke

"Seemed pretty nice to me." Gurney replied earning an eye roll from Fawn.

I turn to face Jasper with a look of disappointment. " I'm sorry, I didn' t know he was coming. I-"

" No worries. That just gives me more time to make it special." He placed a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth.
" Come on I'll walk you out."

We both walked towards the exits " I'm proud of you." I placed my hands into his.

" For?"

" That whole thing with my Dad. I know he isn't Mr.Friendly, but you stood your ground."

" He still hates me though." Jasper replied

" He hates anyone who isn't his " precious Finnegan."

" Ah, So that's who I'm competing with."

I playfully rolled my eyes " If My Dad liked you then honestly I'd have to dump you."

" Is that right?" He laughed

" That would have been an fucking deal breaker. What would you two even talk about."

" Golfing and Sports cars." He joked wrapping his arm around me.  " You golf?" I question

" Fuck no."

The night sky shines down on us as we make it outside. The night still felt perfect.

" Shit." I cursed. " I forgot my dance bag I'll be right back."  I headed back inside quickly.

          J A S P E R

She always knew how to light a room. I doubt she tried it was if she absorbed light, and it radiantly off of her skin. It was as if she was light her self. Curing me all the dark days I had experienced making me forgot all the hard times I had.

I look into the night sky as it reminds me off her.

She was everything. The moon, the stars, the sun the sky. She was the ground she kept me balanced and grounded.

I never felt this way before. Yet, I think I've felt this way for years. Since the first day I saw her.

" She's a handful isn't she ?"  I snap out of my gaze at the sight of Mr.Pines. The slick black B&W he arrived shined adding to his wealth he lended against it his eye reading me.

" Shes perfect ." I replied.

Her Father was an intimidating man. I think that's what he liked the most about himself. How powerful his presence, that even when he said  nothing at all he was still loud. That is silence could louder than words. I imagine that's where Kinsley got her captivating spirit from. He stood tall his hands tucked in the pockets of his expedience suit but Rolex watch was still on shimmering on his wrist.

He knew how to make a guy feel poor and I'm sure that was his intention as well. Mr.Pines was successful and made it evident to everyone. For the longest Jonathan Pines seemed more so of a myth. The man that owned everything, yet we never so his face. Busy with work and flying across the world many times I forgot Kinsley even had Father.

Johnathan took easy strides as approached me.

" She's a dreamer that's what she is. And I'm guessing you are to."

I didn't reply.

" You've got to. And my daughter is a dream come true to you Mr.Ralston. Although I'm not sure why you're apart of her dream. Kinsley always played with nice toys, but then again she was always one for charity. I guess that's where you come in."

My jaw clenched. " What a humanitarian."

He chuckled a cold dark chuckle. " She never had much of childhood. I never let her. I'm sure she's told you the sob story about how her terrible father gave her the world when she only wanted the stars. I paved a yellow rode for Kinsley to follow, and I won't let her astray. I'll entertain her, let her dream of tin men and scarecrows and big cowardly lions. I'll let her wear sparkly red shoes and pretend she's in another world from home. I'll give her chance to dream. Even if dating a guy like you is nightmare. I'll be the bad guy. If it means Kinsley gets to dream." His instead gaze never broke as we stood face to face.

" I'll tell you this now Mr.Ralston you and my daughter have no future. She has no future in Juilliard and she knows this because those stars that she's wants so bad are the ones I aligned for her and she doesn't even know it. I let her dream because eventually she will wake up and realize what a nightmare it is compared to the reality I have planned for her. I'll let you be a lucid dream so she can say chose it. I'll let you be temporary Mr.Ralston just like dance. But soon my daughter well clap her red Prada heels that I bought, and sit in a throne that I created. And you Lover Boy, you'll be a memory. So enjoy, because you have privilege to dream with her until I strike the alarm."

He wanted me shiver to quell under his gaze and wallow away. I wouldn't let him scare me, to treat my as another one of his puppets.

" You're wrong."

" Shame you have no money to bet on it."

Don't let him get to you Jasper's.

My fish clenched as I stared into his sinister eyes. And for the time I saw his lips curved into a  smirk.

" Alright I got it." Kinsley announced as she walked through the door. Her eyes flicker between us. " Is everything okay?"

" Jasper here was just telling me how your studies have been going." Johnathan lied. " It was nice meeting you Jasper." He said and retreated back to his car.

"I wish I could go with you instead." She smiled before her soft lips touched my cheek. " Can't wait for that date."

Johnathan words had fazed me, as much as I didn't want to admit. Yet, I didn't wants Kinsley to since my doubts. " Yeah me too." I said running a hand through my hair.

Her soft hand squeezed mine. " Text me."

I nodded as she let go and headed towards the car.

" Be safe in Vegas." I called out.

Her gorgeous smile lite up the night. " No ones ever safe in Vegas."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865 248 12
Jake and Michael have loved each other for a long time. Since there both boys they decided to not tell anyone. Until their older, they can't hide the...
2.1M 83.3K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
18K 1.7K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...
16K 501 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...