Enigmatic Distances: A Klaus...

By woahcandygirl546

THE SIXTH INSTALLMENT OF THE ENIGMA SERIES ~Anyone can drift away, if they've changed enough~ It's been five... More

Chapter 1: What I'll Be
Chapter 2: Silvus Girls
Chapter 3: Heavy Head, Heavy Crown
Chapter 4: The Slippery Nature of The Mikaelsons
Chapter 5: A Few Missing Screws
Chapter 6: Glimmers of Light
Chapter 7: Now More Than Ever
Chapter 8: Five Years A Hero
Chapter 9: More Things To Love You For
Chapter 10: A Lot To Live Up To
Chapter 11: The Best Daddy In The Whole Wide World
Chapter 12: Cool Parent
Chapter 13: A Shot At Fairy-Tale Living
Chapter 14: A Mother Asking For Help
Chapter 15: No Questions Asked
Chapter 16: Holding Up Your End of The Bargain
Chapter 17: What Threatens To Tear Us Apart
Chapter 18: About To Do Something Stupid
Chapter 19: Klaus Doesn't Want Her To Know
Chapter 20: Same Old Cycle
Chapter 21: Easy As ABC
Chapter 22: Magically Drawn Back
Chapter 23: A Shame Nobody Took Responsibility For It
Chapter 24: Leading Ladies
Chapter 25: All Of The Above
Chapter 26: Doing The World A Justice
Chapter 27: Five Years Of Living
Chapter 28: Deal or No Deal Murder Bullcrap
Chapter 29: A Very Good Brother
Chapter 30: My Brother And My Friend
Chapter 31: Our Picturesque Life
Chapter 32: Don't Do Things That'll Get You Killed
Chapter 33: Running The Show
Chapter 34: Hollows Anonymous Club
Chapter 35: What Would Mommy Do?
Chapter 36: Clear And Simple
Chapter 37: Cut To The Chase
Chapter 38: One To Move Mountains For
Chapter 39: You Will Not Grieve Me Today
Chapter 40: The Hero of Everybody's Story
Chapter 41: What We Think Doesn't Matter
Chapter 42: For Your Own Good
Chapter 43: Less Carrot, More Stick
Chapter 44: Fighting For Love
Chapter 45: Tough Parts Included
Chapter 46: The Only One That Can Do It
Chapter 47: Doing It For Some Doll
Chapter 48: Gone
Chapter 50: What Are We?
Chapter 51: 100%
Chapter 52: Two Sides of The Same Twisted Coin
Chapter 53: A Wedding Without Any Guests
Chapter 54: The Recurring Theme of The Day
Chapter 55: Fix This
Epilogue: Closer Than You Think
Enigmatic Fears Is Up!

Chapter 49: Fitting Into Boxes

109 5 1
By woahcandygirl546

~Elliott POV~

"If Klaus got to him—"

"Then you have to leave anyway." Josh finished for Davina as the three of them waited for Kol to join them. "You almost died back there! The first time we met, you told me you wanted to be normal." Josh added.

"You said normal's relative." Davina said smugly.

"Yeah, but when you're a Harvest Girl with an Original Vampire boyfriend, normal's always going to be relative." Josh said with a small chuckle. "But with or without it you have to take this chance. You deserve it."

When Davina still seemed hesitant, Elliott knew he would have to step in and convince her to leave.

"Do you know what my favourite memory is? Like of all time, not even just us three?" He asked her. "It was my "birthday party". It wasn't close to my birthday or anything like that, just on a whim. And I like it so much because it was just the three of us being the closest we would ever be to normal. And we had to say our wishes and you said I wish I was normal. I wish I was the underdog that won Spring Fling Queen, and I went to stupid parties and I kissed stupid boys. I remember telling you the best piece of advice I have ever given anyone. The supernatural will always want to be normal and the normal will always want to be something more. But we have one advantage that they don't. We can take that leap. We can live that normal life. And maybe some of those ships have sailed away, but you're at the docks. Don't miss your last shot."

"That was a lot of boat metaphors." Davina said with a wry laugh.

"Metaphors work." Elliott continued.

"I can't just leave him." Davina said sadly.

"Well that sounds like a broken promise." Kol said as he sauntered into the back alleyway. Davina turned and practically leapt into her boyfriend's arms pulling him in for a deep kiss.

"I thought that you were daggered or worse." Davina told him.

"I caught Klaus in a rare tactical moment." Kol explained. "But it won't last long. Are you ready to go?"

"Anywhere." Davina answered happily.

"Anywhere? Everywhere!" Kol told her before pulling her in for another kiss.

"How cheesy." Elliott told Josh.

"Is this the part where I clear my throat or...?" Josh added jokingly as the two lovebirds turned back to face him with a cheeky grin.

"Thank you." Kol told Josh.

"Try not to get into any trouble." Elliott told his uncle with a smirk. "Or at least not too much."

"I wouldn't be Kol Mikaelson if I did." Kol told him before doing their handshake and jumping into the car.

"I want you both to know." Davina said as she took her two friend's hands in hers. "I love you."

"Love you too." The two told her, all three of them beaming.

"Group hug!" Davina said as she brought all of them in for a tight hug.

"Okay, now get outta here, you know before my dad gets all murder-y and stuff." Elliott told her.

"Go on!" Josh urged and Davina entered the passenger seat.

"Our girl's all grown up." Elliott told Josh playfully.

"Says the two-year-old." Josh sniggered.

"Actually, I'm seven now." Elliott answered and the mood went sullen.

"Elliott, I know we haven't talked and I know that it's my fault. And I'm sorry." Josh told him earnestly. "You were going through a rough time. And as your friend, I should've been there for you."

Elliott looked back at Josh, unsure how to properly express what was running through his mind.

"You know the metaphor I hate the most? Putting people into boxes." Elliott began. "Mostly because I don't fit into any. I'm a wolf, but I haven't triggered my curse, so I don't fit in there. I'm a witch, but I don't have a coven. I'm a vampire, but I'm a Mikaelson, so I can't hang with them either. I'm a Mikaelson, but I died before I was born. I died, but I'm alive now. I'm 7, but I'm 17. I exist outside of time, but I'm still a part of it. Every time I try and fit into a box, for one reason or another, I can't stick. I knew for a fact that eventually you and Davina would befriend me, but even still, striking up the courage to talk to you that day was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. And then I went away. And every day, I wished I would have the courage to just say hello to someone so I wouldn't feel so alone. And every day, I was too scared."

"Elliott. I didn't know." Josh said sadly. "I—"

"Josh, I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad." Elliott said with a small laugh. "I'm telling you this because the only time I never thought I had to fit into a box was when I was with you and Davina. I felt like all ten zillion of my identities didn't matter to you. And that was nice. So, I guess that's my incredibly long-winded way of saying, yeah, I forgive you."

~Fiore POV~

I sat in the car waiting for Hayley who went and sat at the Bayou. She hadn't told me what she needed to do. But I knew. I could feel it. She was questioning her relationship with Elijah; she wasn't sure where they stood anymore. She was talking to Jackson, something that she did a lot more often than she would admit. And while she was questioning what she wanted with Elijah, I was questioning what I wanted with Klaus.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked Hayley as she sat back down in the car.

"No. Do you?"

"No."

"Then I guess we understand each other."

~Klaus POV~

"I saw the light under your door." Klaus said as he entered his daughter's room where she stood in front of the window. "And here I thought I tucked you in."

"I don't like to sleep when things are happening." Grace replied as she walked towards him. "You woke Elijah."

"Yes." Klaus answered. "And he is very excited to see you. In the morning." Klaus swept her off her feet and put her down in her bed for the second time that night. "There's nothing to worry about anymore."

"You didn't punish Kol." Grace added.

"Your mother would be very mad at me if I did." Klaus told her. And...he's family."

"And we protect family. Like you and Mommy are my protectors, right?"

"Always and forever." Klaus replied with a warm smile. "And tomorrow, your mother and I are going to show you everything we love in New Orleans. The music, the dancing, the art. After all, every princess ought to know her kingdom. Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight."

**********************************************************************************

Klaus sat in the study with his siblings including a newly resurrected Elijah, all of them unsure about what was next for them.

"NIK!" Fiore called for him. "NIK! YOU NEED TO COME UPSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!"

"Duty calls. Back in a tick." He told his siblings before hurrying upstairs. "Blossom you—Oh."

Klaus stopped his sentence when he saw his wife scantily clad in navy blue lingerie. She pulled him towards him and closed the door behind him, laying kisses along his jaw line.

"Kids, are in bed, siblings are all accounted for. That means, your time is now mine." Fiore said as she reached his lips and kissed him deeply. "I think you should tell them you won't be back any time soon."

"But we were—"

"Niklaus, if you turn me away when I look like this..."

Klaus spun Fiore around and carried her to the bed, laying kisses all over her body.

"Oh to hell with it. I'm sure they'll understand."

~Fiore POV~

Later on in the night, I sat on the balcony besides Hayley who smirked when she saw me chuckling as she eyed my robe.

"Oh shut up." I said with a roll of my eyes.

"I didn't say anything." Hayley said with a shrug. "But at least you're finally getting some."

"I'd ask if you're getting any but judging by our "conversation" earlier today, I think I know the answer." I told her soberly. "And no I still don't want to talk about it."

"Well I'm gonna make you." Hayley told me. "Because I don't wanna think about mine."

"The Hollow is gone." I began. "And that should mean that we're done with all this. It's over. But I can't help but feel like the trouble follows us. And before I used to be so dependent on him. Like if I didn't have Nik, what was I?"

"You lived without him for a hundred years." Hayley said, trying to cheer me up.

"I didn't live with him, but I spent that century avoiding him. He was still a part of my life." I continued. "And if we can't seem to live a life that I would be happy my daughter is a part of, then what's the point? And if Nik can't get away from this life then—"

"Then you would get away from him." Hayley finished for me.

"Does that make me a bad person?"

"No. Not even a little bit." Hayley said with a sigh. "Am I bad person because I fell for Elijah?"

"No."

"Am I bad person if by trying to set a better example for my kid, that I hurt Elijah?" She asked more worriedly.

"Not even a little bit."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Please vote, comment and follow if you did! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 258 93
THE SEVENTH INSTALLMENT OF THE ENIGMA SERIES ~Anyone can lose it all if they're guard is low enough~ It's been seven years since the Mikaelsons have...
1.6M 34.1K 53
Stefan and Damon's sister, Ava, arrives in town unannounced with secrets. Secrets that will destroy their family bond forever. Forever is a long time...
37K 1.3K 80
THE FOURTH INSTALMENT OF THE ENIGMA SERIES ~Anyone can break, if they've lost enough~ Enigmatic Reunions picks up after Enigmatic Beginnings. In the...
3.1K 197 14
Danielle Mikaelson is finally a mother, but unfortunately her husband has spent the last five years in an underground prison. A lot has changed in th...