Enigmatic Distances: A Klaus...

By woahcandygirl546

THE SIXTH INSTALLMENT OF THE ENIGMA SERIES ~Anyone can drift away, if they've changed enough~ It's been five... More

Chapter 1: What I'll Be
Chapter 2: Silvus Girls
Chapter 3: Heavy Head, Heavy Crown
Chapter 4: The Slippery Nature of The Mikaelsons
Chapter 5: A Few Missing Screws
Chapter 6: Glimmers of Light
Chapter 7: Now More Than Ever
Chapter 8: Five Years A Hero
Chapter 9: More Things To Love You For
Chapter 10: A Lot To Live Up To
Chapter 11: The Best Daddy In The Whole Wide World
Chapter 12: Cool Parent
Chapter 13: A Shot At Fairy-Tale Living
Chapter 14: A Mother Asking For Help
Chapter 15: No Questions Asked
Chapter 16: Holding Up Your End of The Bargain
Chapter 17: What Threatens To Tear Us Apart
Chapter 18: About To Do Something Stupid
Chapter 19: Klaus Doesn't Want Her To Know
Chapter 20: Same Old Cycle
Chapter 21: Easy As ABC
Chapter 22: Magically Drawn Back
Chapter 23: A Shame Nobody Took Responsibility For It
Chapter 24: Leading Ladies
Chapter 25: All Of The Above
Chapter 26: Doing The World A Justice
Chapter 27: Five Years Of Living
Chapter 28: Deal or No Deal Murder Bullcrap
Chapter 29: A Very Good Brother
Chapter 30: My Brother And My Friend
Chapter 31: Our Picturesque Life
Chapter 32: Don't Do Things That'll Get You Killed
Chapter 33: Running The Show
Chapter 34: Hollows Anonymous Club
Chapter 35: What Would Mommy Do?
Chapter 36: Clear And Simple
Chapter 37: Cut To The Chase
Chapter 38: One To Move Mountains For
Chapter 39: You Will Not Grieve Me Today
Chapter 40: The Hero of Everybody's Story
Chapter 41: What We Think Doesn't Matter
Chapter 42: For Your Own Good
Chapter 43: Less Carrot, More Stick
Chapter 44: Fighting For Love
Chapter 45: Tough Parts Included
Chapter 46: The Only One That Can Do It
Chapter 48: Gone
Chapter 49: Fitting Into Boxes
Chapter 50: What Are We?
Chapter 51: 100%
Chapter 52: Two Sides of The Same Twisted Coin
Chapter 53: A Wedding Without Any Guests
Chapter 54: The Recurring Theme of The Day
Chapter 55: Fix This
Epilogue: Closer Than You Think
Enigmatic Fears Is Up!

Chapter 47: Doing It For Some Doll

101 3 1
By woahcandygirl546

~Freya POV~

Freya had sent her siblings to go look for the totem that The Hollow was using to keep her protected but when she had tried to contact them and find out what was happening, neither of them had picked up.

"Rebekah and Kol aren't answering their phone." Freya told Klaus as she joined him where he was examining the blade.

"The sooner we end this the better."

"No." Freya told her brother quickly. "We have to assume that Inadu's totem is still intact. We cannot attack her until we destroy it. Go after Rebekah, find the totem."

"I'm not leaving Fiore alone." Klaus said in response.

"We're out of time." Freya explained as she showed her brother the pendant. "The cracks are getting worse. I need you to destroy the totem. Both Hayley and I will be with Fiore, which is more than enough protection."

"What about Grace?" Klaus asked.

"Already got a nanny." Fiore said as she joined them both. "We don't have another choice, Nik. You are the best advantage we have right now. Be swift, be smart and destroy the totem."

"Blossom—"

"I will be okay." She assured him as she gave him a kiss. "We all will be. I promise."

"Take these." Klaus said as he handed Freya three daggers. "For the three of you tonight; anoint these with a drop of Grace's blood. They will serve you well."

~Kol POV~

"You should destroy this." Davina told him as she examined The Hollow's totem. "Hayley could die."

"And why is her life more important than yours?" Kol inquired.

"She's Elliott's mother. I can't just take her away from him." Davina answered. "Elliott is my friend. Our friend."

"Then we'll find another way to get you out of this." Kol assured her. "Because there is no way I'm letting you go."

"I've been thinking." Davina began. "Elijah once gave me one of your mother's spells to make a magical link. But if we can find a coven to counter Inadu's spell then—"

"No, I know the spell." He said, cutting her off. "We don't need a coven, just one powerful witch."

"Now imagine if you had gone ahead and left his mom to get killed." Davina said smugly as Kol walked away, only for him to turn back and stop. "What?"

"I have a car out back." Kol said as he handed her a car key. "If I'm not back by midnight, you take it and you go."

"Wait, without you?" Davina asked incredulously. "Are you kidding? What are you doing?"

"Davina, I'm not asking!" He told her sternly. "I need you to do this. Promise me."

"Yeah." She answered quietly and with that, Kol left the attic.

~Fiore POV~

"I sealed these with Grace's blood." I said as I shared out the daggers. "One for each of us, so that even if one of us gets destroyed, we can still sacrifice The Hollow."

I headed straight for the doors, along with Hayley when she stopped and noticed Freya standing hesitantly at the bottom of the steps.

"You okay?" The hybrid inquired.

"Yeah." Freya answered nervously. "I never thought twice about fighting or dying for family but now with Keelin—"

"You have someone you're afraid you're not gonna make it home to." Hayley said nodding in understanding.

"You will make it home Freya." I assured her.

"We got your back." Hayley added.

"Girls." She began. "I know I've hurt you both terribly and that we haven't always seen eye to eye but, I suppose family rarely does."

We smirked at her and I followed Hayley through the doors with Freya in tow. We entered the house and the doors were slammed shut.

"I guess she knows we're here." Freya said with a shrug as we walked amidst an innumerable of dead bodies.

I moved to open one of the doors in front of us but the minute I did, and both Freya and Hayley were thrown backwards and knocked unconscious. I went to check on them but came face to face with Inadu who smirked before telekinetically throwing me to the ground. I looked up and for a split second I could've sworn I saw Elliott, but then my neck was snapped and I was gone.

When I woke up, I was in bed with the whole family watching over me worriedly. As I sat up in bed, Klaus immediately grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I thought you were gone." He said worriedly.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" I asked him. "I was with The Hollow. How the hell did I end up here?"

"You had another fainting spell." Klaus said sadly.

"No, I was with The Hollow. I swear it." I continued.

"The Hollow? I haven't heard that name in a long time." Klaus said as he scratched his head.

"Exactly how long?" I asked him. "It doesn't matter. The Hollow is here! We were on our way to resurrecting Elijah, by killing her."

"Fiore, The Hollow is long gone. I promise. It's been 10 years since that whole debacle." Klaus explained. "Look, Elijah's fine now."

"10 years?" I said in surprise as I jumped out of bed. "How can it have been 10 years?"

"Freya, do you know what's going on?" Klaus asked her.

"She's magically regressing." Freya continued. "Don't worry, it'll resolve itself on its own."

"Daddddd! You promised to take me to cheerleading practice!" A young girl walked into the room whining at Nik and looking at me in surprise.

"You had another illegitimate child?" I growled.

"What? No!" He said quickly. "This is Grace. Our daughter."

"No. Grace is 7. She's small. She sits on my lap; she still calls me Mommy." I said in disbelief.

"Mom!" She said running up and hugging me.

"What the bloody hell is going on?"

~Grace POV~

Grace had sat in front of the TV, unmoving as she absentmindedly watched Guys and Dolls, her mother's favourite musical and clutching onto Henry the Llama that her father had given her. She grew more focused when she heard footsteps approaching.

"You really are your mother's child." Her uncle Kol had said with a chuckle. "Do you know your mother made me watch the film an innumerable amount of times, despite the fact she spent the entire film telling me why the musical was so much better."

"Cool story." Grace said quickly. "Are Mommy and Daddy back yet?"

"Nope. Sorry." He told her with a shrug. "Is your brother around here?"

"Nope. Sorry." She repeated back to him and he sighed before turning to leave.

"Actually Grace." He said as he crouched down to her level. "You seem quite bored. Want to do something fun?"

"Depends on your idea of fun." She told him warily.

"Well, when I was bored at your age, I would do magic." He told her.

"Sorry, but I'm not supposed to do magic. Especially not with strangers." She told him.

"What?" Kol said, seemingly offended. "I helped you save your father rather recently. I'm family."

"Then why did you go away?" She asked.

"I went away because I was sad." He began. "And I thought I'd never be happy again. And I didn't want to make everyone around me sad too." He brushed her cheek and she smiled at him. She put down Henry and she took the knot from her uncle's hands.

"I'll help you Uncle Kol. Under one condition." She told him raising an eyebrow as she did.

"Anything."

Guys and Dolls had gone into the last number, the final reprise of Guys and Dolls and Grace smirked knowingly at her uncle.

"Like the song says, when you see a guy reach for stars in the sky, you can bet that he's doing it for some doll." She told him. "So your doll, Davina, what's she got to do with this?"

"You are just as smart as you look."

~Fiore POV~

"So what would you like to hear about first?" Klaus asked me as we dropped Grace off at school.

"What happened to Cami?" I asked suspicious of where I had been placed.

"You don't remember that either." He said dejectedly. "Cami died 15 years ago."

"You used to talk about her all the time." Grace said with a wistful smile from the backseat. "I wish I got to meet her."

"Huh." I said still wary of the two but coming to grips with it slightly. "And your brother?"

"He passed away too." Grace told me teary eyed.

"What?" I said in disbelief. "How? He exists outside of time?"

"When The Hollow died, he died too." Klaus said grimly. "Anyhow, Grace, we're here."

"Okay, see you guys later! Don't forget to pick me up afterwards! And don't be late." She hopped out the car and went to meet with a gaggle of other girls in the same uniform as her.

"Klaus, how did we defeat The Hollow? Just out of curiosity." I asked him.

"Before I answer that, are you angry at me?"

"What makes you say that?"

"You keep calling me Klaus." He answered. "At first, I thought to ignore it and put it down to your magical regression and whatnot, but you keep saying it and I have this nagging feeling, that you are genuinely referring to me like this because you are angry."

"I'm not angry." I told him with a waned smile. "I just don't remember. Sorry about that, Nik."

He leaned in to give me a kiss and whilst the kiss didn't feel like Nik, it didn't feel not like him.

~Elliott POV~

"So where did you send them?" Elliott asked Inadu as he propped Fiore and Hayley onto a chair.

"Hayley is with Jackson, Freya with a dying Keelin and Fiore in her picturesque future." Inadu explained as Elliott injected Hayley with more wolfsbane and took blood from Fiore. "Not too much, Elliott. I don't want her dead any more than you do."

"I doubt that." He scoffed angrily.

"You know Elliott, if you don't like what I'm doing here, then why don't you just leave?" Inadu snapped, Elliott sped up to her angrily and squeezed her throat tightly in his clutch. She desperately tried to break free from his grip, but Elliott was stronger than her, she was outmatched against him.

"You know what Inadu? She told me to drop you the minute I got out, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and yet here you are, treating me like nothing. You are actively plotting to destroy people I care about! And I promise you, when this goes up in flames like you know it will, I will not regret a thing."

He dropped Inadu to the floor carelessly before storming out of the house and leaving her to gasp for the breath she was lacking in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
3.1K 197 14
Danielle Mikaelson is finally a mother, but unfortunately her husband has spent the last five years in an underground prison. A lot has changed in th...
650 34 16
"Families are grief, pain and love. My family is power. And I could drown in it a thousand times over." It's been a thousand years. And Avra Mikaels...
34.7K 738 29
Klaus Mikaelson takes the reigns in the Enigma sequel with Klaus in a very difficult predicament. Klaus has to decide whether obeying what his wife F...