Enigmatic Distances: A Klaus...

By woahcandygirl546

THE SIXTH INSTALLMENT OF THE ENIGMA SERIES ~Anyone can drift away, if they've changed enough~ It's been five... More

Chapter 1: What I'll Be
Chapter 2: Silvus Girls
Chapter 3: Heavy Head, Heavy Crown
Chapter 4: The Slippery Nature of The Mikaelsons
Chapter 5: A Few Missing Screws
Chapter 6: Glimmers of Light
Chapter 7: Now More Than Ever
Chapter 8: Five Years A Hero
Chapter 9: More Things To Love You For
Chapter 10: A Lot To Live Up To
Chapter 11: The Best Daddy In The Whole Wide World
Chapter 12: Cool Parent
Chapter 13: A Shot At Fairy-Tale Living
Chapter 14: A Mother Asking For Help
Chapter 15: No Questions Asked
Chapter 16: Holding Up Your End of The Bargain
Chapter 17: What Threatens To Tear Us Apart
Chapter 18: About To Do Something Stupid
Chapter 19: Klaus Doesn't Want Her To Know
Chapter 20: Same Old Cycle
Chapter 21: Easy As ABC
Chapter 22: Magically Drawn Back
Chapter 23: A Shame Nobody Took Responsibility For It
Chapter 24: Leading Ladies
Chapter 25: All Of The Above
Chapter 26: Doing The World A Justice
Chapter 27: Five Years Of Living
Chapter 28: Deal or No Deal Murder Bullcrap
Chapter 29: A Very Good Brother
Chapter 30: My Brother And My Friend
Chapter 31: Our Picturesque Life
Chapter 32: Don't Do Things That'll Get You Killed
Chapter 33: Running The Show
Chapter 34: Hollows Anonymous Club
Chapter 35: What Would Mommy Do?
Chapter 36: Clear And Simple
Chapter 37: Cut To The Chase
Chapter 38: One To Move Mountains For
Chapter 39: You Will Not Grieve Me Today
Chapter 40: The Hero of Everybody's Story
Chapter 41: What We Think Doesn't Matter
Chapter 42: For Your Own Good
Chapter 43: Less Carrot, More Stick
Chapter 44: Fighting For Love
Chapter 45: Tough Parts Included
Chapter 47: Doing It For Some Doll
Chapter 48: Gone
Chapter 49: Fitting Into Boxes
Chapter 50: What Are We?
Chapter 51: 100%
Chapter 52: Two Sides of The Same Twisted Coin
Chapter 53: A Wedding Without Any Guests
Chapter 54: The Recurring Theme of The Day
Chapter 55: Fix This
Epilogue: Closer Than You Think
Enigmatic Fears Is Up!

Chapter 46: The Only One That Can Do It

92 3 1
By woahcandygirl546

~Kol POV~

Kol walked into the attic where he was hiding Davina, after discovering The Hollow had linked them to each other, to tell her the plan.

"Davina?" He called out and when there was no answer, he immediately went into panic mode. "Davina!"

"Relax, I'm right here." She told him with a smile. He sighed in relief and brought her into a tight hug when he saw her.

"For a moment, I thought—"

"It's okay. I'm still me." She said, cutting him off. "Flesh and blood, alive. For now."

"But you're linked to that monster." Kol replied dejectedly. "I promise I'm gonna find a way out of this for you."

"She was powerful enough to bring me back from the dead." She began. "Kol, you have no idea what we're up against."

"Hasn't stopped me before." He said with a grin as he caressed her cheek. "Stay here, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Wait, you're leaving?" Davina asked him in confusion. "Kol we might not have much time together. Which means I should explain something. Don't get mad."

"I could never, not at you." He assured her.

"Kol, this isn't the first time I've seen you since I died." Davina explained with a sigh.

"What?" He said in confusion.

"A couple weeks ago, you came back. You came to the church with Grace and you saw me." Davina recounted. "Afterwards, Fiore helped us. She brought me back to talk to you."

"None of this is making any sense." Kol said in confusion.

"Maybe this'll make it clearer." She placed her hand on Kol's forehead and his memories were returned to him.

"I've missed you, Davina Claire."

"I've missed you too." She told him. "I heard you've been living it up in France, what's that like?"

"It's nice." He told her. "It doesn't feel as dangerous."

"Considering two vampires just popped up, I doubt the locals would agree." Davina said with a wry laugh. "I wish I could leave here."

"I was thinking Davina, maybe you can." Kol told her.

"No Kol, I'm bound to this land." She told me.

"But you have a spirit now." Kol told her. "Maybe we can't put you back into your own body, but we can put you into someone else's."

"No, I can't." Davina told him. "I couldn't do that to someone."

"I understand." Kol said dejectedly. "I'm sorry for suggesting it."

"Don't be." She said as she gently caressed her face. "I'll never forget you Kol."

"Nor me." Kol replied. "You can break the circle now, Fi."

She came back and nodded but before she could do it, Davina stopped her. "Actually, Kol, could you give Fiore and I a moment?"

He nodded in response and left the two alone and Davina looked back at her sadly, tears forming in her bright blue eyes.

"You need to make him forget." Davina told her.

"Davina—"

"Please." She begged. "I don't want him to remember me like this."

"He'll find out that you're back." Fiore told her. "What then?"

"Tell him that I've changed. And that he wouldn't want to see me." She told her. "It's the only way."

"So she compelled you." Davina finished.

"You didn't have to do that." Kol assured her.

"The look on your face...it broke me." She recounted. "And I didn't want you to feel that way. Not because of me."

"Losing you broke me." He told her, as he dared to think about the worst day of his life. "That much is true. And I will not stand around and let it happen again."

"The Hollow has to be killed." Davina told him. "And if she dies, then I die. I mean what's the alternative, you help her? You can't betray your family."

"It's kind of my specialty." He said with a shrug. "Stay here."

He walked down to the main church and sighed when he was confronted with The Hollow once again.

"Are you going somewhere, Kol?" She asked him.

"I asked for some time alone with her before you used me to do your dirty work." He said glaring as he stalked towards her. "You have been dead for twenty-five hundred years, surely you could spare an hour."

"Every second counts if you want Davina to continue breathing." She said with a smug smile.

"What is it that you need then?" He asked. "Am I to handle your errands or your laundry?"

"It's actually quite simple." She began. "I have long wanted to be mortal, but now that I am alive, I can die. In fact, your own family is relentless in their desire to kill me."

"Look if you want me to put in a good word, that ship has sailed, darling." He told her with a cheeky grin.

"You'd be surprised." She said with a smirk. "But fear not, I have my own protection spell. Cast in the form of a totem. You will safeguard my totem, till I'm done with your family. If you falter, if any harm comes my way, Davina will suffer with me."

~Grace POV~

Grace stood in front of her bedroom window, gazing sadly at what was formerly her happy and joyous city that had now become gloomy, grey and silent.

"The Hollow. She's gained stronger." Grace said as her father walked into the room.

"You can sense her?" He inquired.

"When we first got here there was always music outside." She explained. "People dancing, laughing—but since she came back, it's so quiet. Like she's draining everything out of the city."

"Grace—"

"She already took Uncle Elijah." Grace said, finally turning to face him. "And soon she'll come for the rest of us."

"Listen, Grace." He said as he crouched down in front of her and held onto her gently. "I know you're scared, but over the years a lot of bad people have stood against our family and all of them have fallen. The Hollow, is no different."

"Oh Daddy." Grace said with a sigh. "Mommy told me a lot of things about you, but she never said you were hopelessly optimistic."

"What do you mean?"

"The Hollow is different." Grace told him. "She can go up against Mommy and win. And she's only a witch. What do you think she can do to the rest of us?"

~Fiore POV~

Hayley had quickly told us that the pendant with Elijah's soul in it had begun to crack. We turned to Freya and she sighed as she examined it with a nervous look on her face.

"Despite the spell I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable, we won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer." She explained. "We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight or we lose him forever."

"To do that we'll need more power." I said with a sigh.

"Let me guess, a grand sacrifice." Klaus groaned.

"I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from The Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body and place him back where he belongs." Freya continued.

"We've tried everything." Hayley said defeatedly.

"We've come close." Freya interjected, before turning to me. "Labonair blood is her Achille's heel. Fiore, your blood weakened her, but you've technically been dead for over two thousand years, so it won't be strong enough to kill her. We need to forge a blade of the last living Labonair."

"No." I told her, shaking my head. "I don't want Grace involved."

"She's already involved." Freya said as she brought out one of Grace's drawing. "Grace has been obsessed with the symbol that follows the Hollow. The serpent consuming itself. I believe this is showing us the key. The only means to which she can be destroyed, her own blood. The Hollow is one end of the Labonair bloodline, Grace is the other and we need to close that loop. The best way to do that is for Fiore to wield a weapon forged with Grace's blood. When she stabs her, it is only then The Hollow can be obliterated completely."

I looked at Hayley who looked hopeful, but also knew she couldn't ask that of me or my daughter. I knew what I had to do.

"Then I suppose we know what we have to do." I said, standing up from my chair. "I'll go ask Grace."
I went upstairs to Grace's room where she sat playing jax by herself. I sighed sadly as I saw her and when she noticed my presence, she gave me a sad smile.

"I know what you're here for." She told me. "I heard you talking about it downstairs."

"Are you alright with what I'm asking you to do then?" I asked her and she hesitantly shook her head.

"I don't want to." She told me abruptly.

"Are you afraid it'll hurt?" I asked her. "Come on baby, you're braver than that. You can handle a little injection."

"No, I'm afraid that if I do this, you're gonna pick a fight against The Hollow." She explained. "She can hurt you."

"I know you're scared." I began as I sat her on my lap and kissed the top of her head. "I'm scared about having this conversation. When I was your age, I had to do a lot of things that I didn't want to, deal with a lot of things that I would have prefer to remain buried. I never wanted the same thing to happen to you, but here we are. Because the thing is that sometimes, you're gonna have to do things that you don't want to do because you're the only one that can do them."

"Like you." She said with a small smile.

"Like me."

"Okay." She said with a sigh as she jumped up from my lap and pricked her finger with a needle, allowing me to collect her blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
1.6M 34.1K 53
Stefan and Damon's sister, Ava, arrives in town unannounced with secrets. Secrets that will destroy their family bond forever. Forever is a long time...
171K 3.3K 38
Fiore Mikaelson is an impossibility in a world of the impossible. A part witch, part wolf, part human and part original vampire, her existence should...
125K 2.6K 10
After an agreement between 2 out of 3 Gilbert siblings they have decided to keep Andrea out of the loop with anything that isn't supposed to be.. rea...