Brightly Grim

By TimorRon

It all starts one night, when Stephanie, Lora's bestie & roommate, takes her to a party at Damien's. As if he... More

Lora
Lora: The House Party
Lora: The Crush
Lora: The Jacksons
Lora: The Fight
Stephanie
Stephanie: The Group
Stephanie: Bathing Suits
Stephanie: The Threesome
Stephanie: The Pool
Damien
Damien: Dorm Party
Damien: Faith
Damien: Power of Love
Damien: Love
Cassie
Cassie: Shrooms
Cassie: Honesty
Cassie: Therapy
Cassie: Breakthrough
Cassie: Release
John
John: Tequila
John: The Club
John: Girls
John: Fire
John: Her
John: Illusions
Lora: Part II
Lora: Road Trip
Lora: Cringe
Lora: Late Night Visit
Lora: Hallway Rumble
Lora: Family Reunion
Stephanie: Part II
Stephanie: Superstar
Stephanie: Cocaine
Stephanie: Catfight
Stephanie: Sleep
Damien: Part II
Damien: Shameless
Damien: Muse
Damien: The Music Business
Damien: Angel
Cassie: Part II
Cassie: Games
Cassie: The Truth
Cassie: Coffee
John: Part II
John: Beatdown
John: Truth or Dare
John: Stars
Stephanie: Part III
Stephanie: Drop
Stephanie: Knock Knock
Stephanie: Friends
Cassie: Part III
Cassie: High School
Cassie: Old Friend
Cassie: Girl Talk
Cassie: Falling Stars
Damien: Part III
Damien: Family Dinner
Damien: Surprise
Stephanie: Part IV
Stephanie: Gossip
Stephanie: The Devil Drives Pink
Stephanie: Oh shi-
John: Part IV
John: Haze
John: Swimming In Marshmallow
Damien: Part IV
Damien: Good Morning
Damien: Auto-Tuned Sob

Cassie: Brothers

390 42 57
By TimorRon

"Who was that girl making drama before?" John asks me, pulling me back from the swirling orange and blue lights I was floating in.

"Mh?" I snap back to reality, shaking off the psychedelic haze. "Oh, Katie? She's just my sparring partner."

"It always has to be complicated with you," he remarks, a hint of exasperation in his voice.

"What's interesting is complicated; it's just the way it is," I shrug, accepting the inherent complexities of my life.

"Guess you have a point. What does Stephanie think of Katie?" he inquires, curiosity coloring his words.

"Oh, you're very interested, aren't you?" I raise an eyebrow, teasing him playfully.

"Come on, it's weird that she was here while you were with Katie," he points out.

"It's over between me and Stephanie, if you must know," I say, relinquishing this information to John with great reluctance. As I guessed, his face lights up in the most annoying way, just like how it would light up when he saw an opportunity to snatch my candy when we were five.

Unable to resist, I grab a pillow from the nearby chair and throw it at his head. The impact seems to jog his memory.

"Damien called me earlier, all riled up, and then he came back and punched Seth. Do you know what's going on with him?" John asks, concern lacing his words.

"Oh, he's just young and in love," I dismiss, waving my hand dismissively in the air. "I saw him with Lora this morning."

"So why did he leave in the first place?" John raises an eyebrow, probing for answers, and I sigh.

"He was mad at me."

"Why?"

"Because I had a threesome with Stephanie and Lora," I confess, matter-of-factly.

John blinks, taken aback by my blunt admission. "What? When?"

"When we went to change for the pool yesterday,"

"Wow. You are quick..." He looks away, contemplating the situation.

"Come on, not you too..." I sigh, lighting a cigarette to calm my nerves.

"I'm not mad at you. I just don't understand why," he says, his confusion evident.

"Why not? We had fun," I respond, my tone nonchalant.

"I just thought you were serious about Stephanie."

"Not in that way. We became good friends."

"After she cheated on Damien with you?"

"Yeah, pretty much," I confirm.

"Couldn't she have broken up with him first?" John questions, seeking clarity.

"It got messy between them. She kissed some girl, then he slept with her, and they spent the whole day screaming at each other in the house. I had to put an end to it," I explain, and he bursts into laughter.

"So you actually slept with Damien's girlfriend to make his life easier?" John makes sure his tone transfers just how ridiculous he finds my claim for moral high ground.

"Yeah that, and well, she's hot." I flash him a grin,

"Yeah, she is," John agrees and smirks too wide for my liking. I search for another pillow to toss.

"I told you to be careful."

"I don't see why me and her is such a bad idea."

"You two are already touchie enough to make me sick."

"Who is touchie now?" Damien says as he walks out towards us.

"You and your new girlfriend," John throws him off the subject, and I am quick to follow up.

"Aren't you supposed to be in college?" I ask.

"I tried," Damien drops into the sunbed beside me, and takes my cigarette. "I failed."

"Good try," I pat his shoulder and reclaim the cigarette from his lips.

"So, how's the gossip going?" Damien asks, a twinkle in his eye.

"Great. Just heard about the threesome," John interjects, unable to resist the urge to join the conversation.

"Forgive and forget, brother," Damien replies, not without bitterness.

"Wow, Damien, I'm making you religious," I tease him.

"Having a devil for a sister makes a man seek faith," he smirks, and I roll my eyes trying not to laugh.

"Did something happen with Stephanie?" Damien ever so suddenly inquires.

"Why do you ask?" I retort, cautious about opening the subject again

Damien shrugs. "She tried to play it cool, but she seemed upset. Do you think she's mad that I'm with Lora?"

"Yeah, sure," I smirk, not wanting to delve deeper into the complexities of Stephanie's emotions.

"Cass, come on," John gives me a meaningful look, urging me to be honest. I sigh, realizing I'm too high to weave a convincing lie.

"We kinda broke up this morning," I admit, letting the truth hang in the air.

"Damn, I really hoped she would cheat on you with John," Damien laments, smacking his own thigh in playful disappointment.

"Twat," I sneer at him.

"So, are sad about it too?" Damien asks, genuine concern in his eyes.

"It was obviously going to end. I'm a little surprised we lasted as long as we did," I confess, reflecting on the transient nature of my relationships.

"Maybe you should approach the next one with a little more commitment..." Damien suggests.

"Look at you, having a girlfriend for a couple of hours, and already handing out relationship advice," I playfully chide Damien and his newfound wisdom.

"It's different this time. I'm not as childish as I used to be, and I genuinely feel something for Lora," Damien insists.

"Good luck not fucking it up," I mutter, unable to restrain my skepticism.

"I'm not like you. I don't have to mess things up," Damien retorts, a touch of defensiveness in his voice.

"I don't have to mess things up. I just don't see the point in not doing it," I defend myself, unwilling to conform to societal expectations.

"The point is being faithful to someone," John interjects.

"I can't be faithful to anyone who isn't faithful to me," I argue, asserting my unyielding stance.

"Do you even give them a chance?" Damien questions, challenging my approach.

"Not really. But I can see through the illusions they're trapped in. They can't handle me. They'll run away at the first chance they get," I explain, the weight of my experiences echoing in my words.

"You're not as tough as you think you are. You just need someone you can open up to," John states, his gaze filled with understanding.

"Maybe," I concede, my thoughts drifting to a familiar face, the image of Peter lingering in my mind.

"Nice," John smiles at me, passing me a spliff to further enhance our altered state.

I take a deep puff, feeling the orange tingles intensify, this time in my stomach. The world around me seems to shift, blurring the boundaries between reality and the surreal.

"Are there any more shrooms, John?" I inquire, . He hands me one, taking another for himself.

"Ohhh, you guys are on shrooms..." Damien shakes his head, a mixture of amusement and bewilderment evident on his face.

"That explains why you two are talking all sensitive."

"You want one?" John offers, extending the psychedelic invitation to Damien.

"No, I think my consciousness has evolved enough lately," Damien replies, pretending to search for dirt under his fingertips. "You know, I turned down the head cheerleader last night?"

"Seriously? Why?" I ask, genuinely curious about his sudden change of heart.

"Because I realized Lora is the one I want to be with," Damien confesses, his voice tinged with newfound clarity.

"Hah..." I nod slowly, chewing on the shroom I've been given. "I think I'm kind of proud of you."

"Wow, sis. You should do shrooms more often," Damien chuckles, provoking me to playfully smack the back of his head. John joins in with laughter, the air filled with an easy camaraderie.

We settle into a comfortable silence, watching the sun gradually fade behind the trees, painting the sky with hues of orange and red as night begins to envelop us.

"Shit," I exclaim, pushing myself up from the sunbed. "I'm late for my meeting."

"What meeting?" John raises an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued, and I pause, hesitating for a moment.

Fuck it, I'm too high to lie. "I'm seeing a therapist," I confess, the words tumbling out without restraint.

They both blink, surprised by my admission. "Since when?" Damien asks, his voice filled with genuine interest.

"Almost a year," I reply, realizing that my journey towards self-discovery has been ongoing, hidden beneath the surface.

"Cool, how's it going?" John asks, his tone supportive.

"He's not bad," I answer, turning and walking toward the door.

"Have fun," John calls after me.

"I'll try," I reply, grabbing my leather jacket and the keys to my motorcycle. I speed through the city's traffic, the wind rushing through my hair, and the world passing by in a blur. As I arrive at my destination, I realize I didn't bother with a helmet or shielding my eyes.

I'll have to thank John for these shrooms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651 52 20
It's like reading a movie. A girl who was never meant for anything, meets the man of her dreams, falls in love and he falls in love with her. But...
4.1K 315 47
Heart broken from finding out about her husband's secret life, Kat moves back home to the heart of England to start again. With a new job and new fri...
94K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
2.1K 52 16
Christy is a junior in high school who has problems with her love life . and Matt is a sophomore who doesn't find it to hard to pull a female or two...