Skate On {NHL Fanfic}

נכתב על ידי Hockeyismylife227

Rosaline Williams, everyone knows that name. Who wouldn't know the name of the only girl that's this close to... עוד

Chapter 1: A New Adventure
Chapter 2: Shocking Discovery
Chapter 3: Backup Plan
Chapter 4: Difficult
Chapter 5: Too Much To Take
Chapter 6: Trying To Forget
Chapter 7: Always There
Chapter 8: Torn Apart
Chapter 9: Old Memories
Chapter 10: Old Secret
Chapter 11: Message
Chapter 12: Satisfying Victory part 1
Chapter 13: Satisfying Victory part 2
Chapter 14: Right Time
Chapter 15: John = Sam
Chapter 17: Who's Faster?
Chapter 18: Panic
Chapter 19: Letting it out
Chapter 20: The Day
Chapter 21: Crash
Chapter 22: That Magical Moment
Chapter 23: I'm Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 24: Leaving
Chapter 25: Number One Fan
Chapter 26: Secret Unveiled
Chapter 27: Golden Game
Chapter 28: Last Time
Chapter 29: Coming Back Home
Chapter 30: Morning Memories
Chapter 31: Taking It Slow
Chapter 32: Big Surprise
Chapter 33: Family Introductions
Chapter 34: Epilogue

Chapter 16: Two Others

2K 30 0
נכתב על ידי Hockeyismylife227

CHAPTER 16: Two Others

The morning was so much worse. John woke me up, telling me that he wanted me to be up before he would leave for practice. I was obviously skipping the workout today with the girls, not while I was having the biggest hangover of my life.

“Rose, you really need to get up.” He shook me awake.

I looked up at him, and stood up straight, feeling the most painful sensation in my neck. I felt a head-ache carry on and I looked up at him, “I’m up.”

“Are you okay?” He asked, looking at me clearly. “You still look like shit. I’m not gonna leave, if you’re not okay.”

I looked down then back up at him, “I’m really fine. Just get going before you’re late.”

He smiled and patted my head, “I’ll see you later, Rose. Stay pretty.”

I shouted after him, “I know that was sarcasm, John!”

I heard him grin before closing the door behind him.

I got up from the bed with difficulty and ran to the bathroom, emptying the rest of my stomach into the toilet. Oh, the things I did sometimes were not the best decisions. I went back towards the bed and simply disobeyed John and went back to sleep.

********

A knock came at the door and of course, I was the only one in the apartment and so I got out of bed and went to get the door, glancing at myself in the mirror before to make sure I didn’t look very crazy. Thankfully when I opened the door, it was only my roommate Rebecca.

She looked into my face and her eyes widened. “Oh, wow. You look horrible.”

“Way to make me feel better, Becky.” I muttered, letting her enter in the room.

“So, how was your night anyways?” She asked, grabbing a seat on the bed.

I looked over at her, leaning against the wall. “I think you know. I think everyone knows, actually.”

“I’m talking about the details.” She winked. “You and Patrick Kane?”

“Still friends.” I said.

“I don’t think so, you don’t kiss your friends like that.” She said, unconvinced.

“Were very close friends.” I smiled at her, meant as sarcasm.

“Why don’t you wanna go out with him, you like him and he obviously likes you, so what’s holding you back?” She asked.

I stared at her, trying to find the right words to say. “It’s complicated, really. Kaner and I have such busy schedules. We’d never get to see each other.”

She narrowed her eyes at me, “That’s your excuse?”

“Yes, and I think it’s a good one.” I was surprised at her reaction.

“Well, I’m just surprised. You’re not really the kind to stop yourself at such a minor detail.” She said.

I thought about it for a second, and sighed. “Let’s not talk about it anymore.”

“Sure.” She said, getting back on her feet. “You ready for practice?”

My heart completely stopped, we weren’t supposed to have a practice today. Tomorrow was the day of our practice, I couldn’t go to a practice while I was still on a major hangover. “Tomorrow’s the practice.”

“You got drunk last night because you thought we didn’t have a practice today?” She asked me, shocked. “Is that what you thought?”

“Of course!” I shouted. “If someone had told me—”

And just like that, a knock came at the door and I was cut off. I exhaled a long and tired sigh, and went towards the door. I opened the door, and without even a glance or even a ‘hello’, Kane quickly stepped into the apartment and marched forwards.

I stayed at the door, shocked, before I turned back towards him, a bit annoyed. “Look, I know your American, but you can at least wait till I say hello before you barge in here, Pat.”

He walked towards my dresser, looking in every one of the drawers, almost like he was ignoring me. One thing I noticed was how much his hands were shaking, like he was under so much stress, he was gonna lose it any minute now.

“Hey.” I tried not to shout, wanting to grab his attention and it worked. “What are you looking for?”

“I need my shirt I let your brother borrow last week.” He said, looking me in the face for the first time without any emotion. “Do you have it with you?”

“I don’t think so. Why don’t you ask John, he slept in the same room as him?” I told him.

He walked out of the room, not even throwing me a smile or a last glance. He simply stalked away and I knew something was wrong then. I ran after him, trying to understand. He hadn’t even made a comment about how horrible I looked.

“Patrick!” I shouted after him.

He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me, “What did you call me?”

“Patrick, that’s your name.” I finally reached him.

“You only call me Patrick when you’re angry at me.” He said. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, I just want to know what’s wrong? What’s gotten into you, you look really stressed out?” I asked him. “Are you okay?”

He stared at me, taking my hand in his. “Are you?”

I shook my head, “I’m still on a hangover, and I completely forgot I had a practice today… but that’s not the point. Tell me what’s wrong.” I felt a smile creep at my lip, “You know I can’t help if you don’t tell me what’s going on.”

“Don’t quote me, Rosie.” He was suddenly right in my face, inches away from my lips.

I put my hand on his shoulder, keeping him away. I looked into his eyes, “What’s going on?”

“My team has been giving me shit all morning because of last night.” Kaner sighed, finally letting it out. “I’m here for a reason and it’s not to have fun. Last night, I crossed some sort of line while being around too many of you guys. These 2 weeks I need to be focused on my team, and on why I’m here and that’s for my country. I’m American, Rose, I’m not Canadian.”

“You don’t really believe that.” I was unconvinced. Patrick Kane doesn’t take orders, he’ll do what he desires because he’s a stubborn and reckless person.

“Hell no, I don’t.” He was only reciting what the team had told him. I knew he wanted to cuss more badly than that, out of anger. “It’s a bunch of bullshit. I wanted to punch them all in the face. I understand that I have to be focussed and that we’ll probably be facing Canada some time but telling me I can’t be around you, I won’t listen to that. Ever.”

I almost smiled. “I’m sorry about that.”

“I don’t want to hear you apologizing, Rose.” He smiled. “I know what I signed up for, but it’s not every day that we get to see each together for 2 weeks. I want to have fun and remember this experience with you.”

I smiled that time. “That’s cute.”

He grinned.

“So, you’ll be okay, then?” I asked.

“I’ll be just fine.” He smiled, releasing my hand, which I had almost forgotten he was holding.

I nodded. “So where are you heading anyways?”

“John’s room, I still need my shirt.”

“Why do you need your shirt?”

He looked back at me, and frowned. “Because it’s mine, and I could use it right now.”

I grinned. “Fair enough, I’ll see you later then.”

He smiled at me and I walked off, still feeling Kaner’s stare on me as I arrived to my room.

PATRICK’S P.O.V

I looked at Rosaline heading back to her room. I know that she knew I was staring at her, just by the sideways glance she gave me before entering her apartment. She seemed so different, yet I still had to fall in love with her like I once had.

I went towards John’s room, and knocked on his door, unable to stop thinking back at last night. Rose and I had been way too drunk, it was a bit crazy. Some things were still a blur, but I knew that it was not a mistake, no matter what my team thought.

John opened the door, surprised to see me. “Kaner, what’s going on?”

“I’m looking for my shirt.” I barged into his room, without waiting for him to invite me in. “I let Nick borrow it last week and I never asked for it back.”

“Well, I’m not sure it’s here.” He said.

I looked back at him, and noticed he had a letter in his hand. “What’s that?”

“It’s a letter. I’m not sure I should tell you. Nick wrote it and he doesn’t even want me to show it to Rose.” John told me. I knew that meant trouble.

I went towards him. “Why do you look like you want to tell me then?”

 “Oh god, I have to tell someone. At least you know what happened to Nick now.” He hesitated, giving in. He sighed, “Nick wrote a suicide letter and I found it in the room the same day he tried to kill himself.”

I widened my eyes in shock, “Oh.”

He exhaled deeply, “Yeah, but anyways that’s not the weird part. Last night, I was in Rosaline’s room and she told me I reminded her of her brother Sam.”

“She was drunk, John.” I tried to reason for him.

“Yes, and that’s what I thought at first.” He said, looking back down at the letter. “But then I read this again and Nick does mention somewhere an older brother named Samuel.”

“Oh?” I couldn’t act very surprised but I’d already heard of Rosaline’s brothers. I still acted as though I didn’t know more than Toews.

John hesitated again, “… there’s more.”

“What do you mean by more?” I asked, curiously.

“Nick mentions about how they’re family got broken up, and she’s got two other brothers I’ve never heard her talking about.” John said.

“Yeah, she does.” I told him, not able to keep it in anymore. “Matthew and Sam .”

John stared at me shocked, “You know about this?”

“Yeah, Rose told me about them a long time ago when they were still around. Why do you think she doesn’t talk about them, John?”

John stared at me, in shock. “I can’t believe you never told me.”

 “It’s not my place to tell you, this isn’t any of our business. If she wants to talk about them then she will. But right now, you can’t say a word to her about them. I haven’t even asked about them, you know Rose, when she feels like it, she’ll come through.”

John nodded. “Yeah, so I’m supposed to pretend that I don’t know about this?”

“Exactly.” I told him.

He stared at me for a few seconds, and then looked down and sighed. “Okay, then.”

“Good."

He smiled back at me, “On another note, you really shouldn’t be around here. I love you and all, but if I have to I’m gonna beat you.”

I grinned at him, “Okay, Tazer. If that’s how you want to play it then, we’ll see each other on the ice soon."

Thanks again for the beautiful comments, you're all very sweet, and I'm so happy you guys are enjoying it! I'm sorry if it takes time to update but I do have school and a job, (so you kind of get the picture) And anyways, thanks. Love ya all:) xoxoxoxox

VOTE

COMMENT

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

49.1K 880 34
Molly King has been selected as Canada's Women's Olympic Team's goalkeeper. She is like a brick wall in two ways: 1) She never willingly lets a puck...
1.8K 41 22
As her brother gets drafted to another team and another city, Kaitlyn Gabriella Burish trades spots with him. As he leaves to go to Texas, she goes t...
14.5K 277 33
Sophie Amelia Tkachuk was the first girl to ever qualify for the World Juniors, and was the youngest Tkachuk sibling, the little sister of famous NHL...
703K 10.4K 44
Christine Brown is a nurse living in downtown Chicago with her roommate Brianna. Her love life has been less than stellar, with many boys cheating, l...