UnMasked Nomad

By Wordsmith-Rain

Ειρήνη, Eerinhe, or Erin, no matter how you say her name, it's not exactly accurate. Erin has spent the past... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Book Two: False Nomad

11

227 5 5
By Wordsmith-Rain

^^ disguised .50BMG, (Big Mu'fuckin' Gun) ^^

— Erin —

Kyra seemed happy to see me again, when I walked in, though she raised an eyebrow at the group I'd dragged in behind me.

"Hmm... the most customers we've ever had here at once. Nice." She nodded.

"Sorry, yeah, they heard about the food, and I just couldn't keep the savages away." I sighed theatrically, and sat down in the same spot as yesterday.

She smiled and looked at everyone, one at a time, then nodded and started brewing coffee and tea. "Well, what about that amazon lady, Miss Diana? She was busy today?" She asked, setting my coffee in front of me.

"She was only in town for a visit, she doesn't live here." I explained, waving to the two women in the back, who'd looked to see what all the noise was about.

The boys had quickly taken over two of the three tables, pushing them together, while Zatanna and I sat at the bar, turned so we could see everyone.

I raised an eyebrow when Selene came out of the back, and stood blushing next to Kaldur with a notepad. "So what'll it be, handsome?" She asked, leaning against his chair subtly.

I smirked, and Kyra shook her head. "Flirt if you're going to flirt, but you already know what they want to eat, go cook and flirt after they're fed, sister."

"I wasn't- you mind your own business!!!" The blushing blonde pouted, but obediently returned to the kitchen, waving shyly at the confused Atlantean before disappearing.

I laughed softly. "Ahh, Kaldur, you need to learn how to detect subtlety, my friend."

"I am fully aware of what she was doing, for your information, I was just surprised, is all!" He retorted.

"Ooh, Me-Yow!" I laughed again at his defensiveness, and accepted the platter of food that was placed in front of me, smiling at Kyra's mother, whose name I thought was Annie, or Ann. "Thank you, ma'am. Sorry for all the hassle, I know they're a bit rambunctious."

She smiled and patted my cheek. "Oh I approve, my dear, they're welcome any time! I'm just happy you're alright, after that nasty dust-up yesterday!"

"Oh it'll take more than that ol' coot to keep this Texan Cowgirl down, Ma'am, don't you worry your perty li'l heart 'bout me." I winked, and dug into the food with as much gusto as I could while maintaining some scrap of my dignity, just as my stomach decided to make itself known again.

She laughed loudly, sounding relieved. "Well, if you can still eat like a champion, I'm sure you'll be fine, my dear, you enjoy! Second round is coming out soon, and your food as well..." she retrieved a platter and walked it over to Bart, a giant heaping pile of nothing but French toast.

"Whoa!!! How'd you know?!?" He made no attempt at dignity, pouring syrup over the whole platter and ripping into the food like a tornado. Surprisingly, he didn't make a mess, though I soon realized it was because he was cheating, using his super-speed to catch any wayward food pieces.

She smiled again, (though an eyebrow was raised at his manners,) and patted his hair, coming back a few more times with food for the other boys. She stood at the bar, watching everyone enjoy the food, and smiled victoriously, before returning to the kitchen.

Several rounds of food later, every super-appetite in the room was satisfied, somehow, and the kitchen had apparently run out of a few things that they'd stocked up for an entire weeks worth of. Kaldur was given Selene's number by her amused mother, and we all heard her being berated by her daughter afterwards, resulting in more hilarity.

Zatanna paid the bill with something of an evil smirk on her face, and then the boys set a bundle of money in the tip jar, then they exited, while I stayed behind, waving them on.

Kyra raised an eyebrow, sitting down on her side of the bar. "So, you planning on staying 'til lunch?"

"No, just enjoying the coffee and company. I have had a helluva coupl'a days, and I'd like to just sit, and relax, and maybe flirt not-so-innocently with a sexy goth barista for a while." I smiled, sipping my coffee.

She grinned, setting her elbows on the bar and leaning towards me. "Is that so? Give it your best shot."

I raised an eyebrow, and waited as she leaned a little closer... and then smirked when her breasts hit the edge of the boiling coffee pot, and she leapt backwards with a shriek.

"Careful, Babe, I'm Dangerously Hot." I quipped, and she stared at me, flabbergasted.

"You did not just-... okay, point to you. You've won yourself a date." She nodded decisively, taking off her apron and pulling a leather jacket out from under the counter. "Come with me." She demanded authoritatively, and I followed swiftly outside, towards a Harley locked up next to the building.

"Ooh, sexy bike... and leather makes everything better." I murmured appreciatively at the bike (and her leather pants,) and climbed on behind her.

She smirked and pulled on a helmet. "You're not too bad yourself, honey."

The engine roared to life under us, and she whipped us out into the street, heading towards the beach. It wasn't far, but when we reached it, she didn't stop, instead turning and driving along the water, towards the lighthouse, it seemed at first, until we passed it at close to 90mph.

"We headed outta state?" I chuckled loud enough for her to hear.

"You'll see!" She yelled back, and slowed, taking a small bike-path up towards the bluffs.

'Ooooh, bluffs are always good hiding spots. Good choice...' I smiled and leaned with her as we took a curve, then leveled out and stopped at the end of the concrete, about twenty yards from a small waterfall, maybe twenty feet tall, overlooking a lake that drained almost directly into the ocean.

We climbed off, and I whistled softly, looking out at the zigzagging river, and the perfectly clear bay. "That is a helluva view..."

"Goes to waste if you don't enjoy it!" She whipped past me, laughing, and dove off the edge, still wearing her jeans and shirt.

I chuckled and removed my jacket, laying it on the bike, then followed it up with the rest of my over-clothes, as they were all subject to water damage. "Make a Note, waterproof all armor and weapons." I murmured, diving off the ledge towards Kyra in the water.

'Noted.' The AI answered softly, through the little faux-hearing aid I was wearing, deep inside my ear canal.

I surfaced and smoothed back my hair, laughing at Kyra's look of surprise. A splash-fight began, but was quickly won when I displayed the ability to displace nearly the entire surface of the lake with one move.

"Well! I knew you were bold, but that's a bit surprising, no?" She asked after we had calmed down a bit, unashamedly ogling my bare skin.

"Nah, my clothes are laced with metal, too heavy to swim in! Also, I've never been shy about my body, so unless it makes you uncomfortable, I actually prefer it this way." I shrugged unapologetically, and floated on my back lazily.

She floated next to me, relaxing in the shadows, and smiled. "No... I prefer it too... for entirely selfish reasons."

"You'd better, else there's really no point besides my comfortability, is there?" I nodded, ending the matter.

"So, here's an awkward question..." she began, showing a little embarrassment, so I took pity on her.

"Yes, I like Women and Men. Sometimes both at the same time. Or multiple of each. Yes, I am capable of dating only one person, though it often leaves me unfulfilled, sexually and emotionally, so I prefer open relationships. No, I don't mind giving you a massage, and no, I don't mind most kinks you might have. I, myself, am partial to licking chocolate off of my female lovers' breasts, and dripping hot wax onto their bare skin. Does that about cover all the awkward questions?" I smiled at her, swimming on my back in lazy circles.

She blinked a few times, looking frazzled, and then cleared her throat. "I... I was just going to ask if you and Zatanna were an item?"

"What? No, Zatanna is cute, but I've only known her three or four days, and she's taken care of me, ever since I came here... it would feel... weird, like I was guilting her into a relationship with me. Wrong. Also, she's got her own emotional baggage, with her dad, and I don't think I'd be an improvement to that whole scenario."

She nodded. "Ahhh, okay, that makes sense. She's taken you on as a weird charity case, and you don't want to pile on."

"Pretty much. I'll be self-sufficient, soon, as I'm getting into the stock market, but until then, I have to rely on their help. Also, she's got a weird thing going, and I don't even think she's Bi. Or if she is, she hasn't shown any interest in me at all, despite seeing me naked several times. If she were Bi, I'd be a little insulted."

She laughed softly. "Yeah, I can see that, too... so, you're Polyamorous, then? Any current lovers?"

"I had quite a few, back home... thirteen, to be exact, all women except for one, a bisexual Englishman I took home to all my family events, so my mother and grandmother would leave me be about getting married and having lots of little babies." I smiled at the thought of David and his cute little accent.

She sat up, staring at me in shock. "Thirteen?!?"

"Yes. We lived in and around Dallas and Houston, and we only ever got to see each other on the weekends, as we are all scientists. We're always busy, always work-work-work, so our sex drives are unattended to for weeks at a time. Whichever three or four of us were free each weekend would meet up at one of our houses, and have some fun. Then every few months, we'd all set aside a full weekend, and head out to a ranch one of us owned, have a spa day and a long, luxurious 'Sex Holiday'. It's a good system, and it prevented anyone from feeling left out, or lonely." I explained calmly.

She smoothed her hair back, eyes wide. "Wow... not sure what to say to that."

"You don't have to say anything, my dear. I'm just oversharing a bit, because I feel it's always wise to be upfront and clear about these types of things. I have a very high Sex Drive, and therefore I require a lot of physical intimacy. Also, I enjoy embarrassing people, it's a pseudo-sadistic tendency of mine." I smirked at her blush, and resumed swimming.

"Wow, again... okay... so, if I were to say I was looking for an exclusive relationship..." she trailed off.

"I would say that I'd enjoyed our little date, and if you ever change your mind, give me a shout. It's nonnegotiable for me, to have at least an open relationship. Trust me, my dear, you couldn't keep up with my libido, especially now that it's been thrown into overdrive with these new hormone levels, from the Meta Abilities." I shook my head, and turned over, swimming through the waterfall and then back to her.

"Oh... well, that's pretty cut and dry, I suppose. I appreciate that you've got yourself so well figured out that you can be solid about that. It's impressive, even if it's not what I'd hoped for." She hummed.

"What did you hope for? I'm curious... you could tell my favorite coffee by looking at me, but you weren't aware of my emotions, or my libido... what can you tell, then?" I asked, sitting in the shallows next to her, and watching her face curiously.

"Well, that's basically it, actually. I have a few gifts, like my family members; I can tell what someone needs, when I see them. Food-wise, of course. Coffee and Tea is my specialty, and food is my mother and my sister's specialty. That's why I own a Cafe." She explained slowly.

"Ahh, and you know Zatanna, so you've got some other low-mid tier magic, plus your Coffee-Sense, but not full-blown empathy?" I clarified.

"Essentially, Yes. We're just Hedgewitches, and we only know Zatanna because Giovanni used to date my mom, which made us almost step-sisters." She grinned.

"Seriously? Huh... I may have to snap at him a little less, now that I applaud his taste in women." I hummed.

She swatted at my shoulder. "Hey! That's my mother, you brat!"

"And? She's beautiful, like you, but more mature, so not entirely my type. Maybe ten years ago, I'd have considered it." I shrugged.

"Ten years ago? When you were a twenty-something? How does that help?" She asked, confused.

"No, ten years ago for her, when she was only late-30's/early-Forties!" I clarified, laughing.

"Ahhh, okay... still gross, because that's my mother, but okay, Fine. She is very pretty, but I prefer my lovers taller than me... and unrelated." She faked a gag, and I laughed.

"I agree whole-heartedly, but women as tall as me are few and far between, even in the heart of Texas." I sighed sadly.

"Mm, I bet. You don't often see women like you very often... so, I have an idea..." she grinned, then stuttered to a halt.

"Let me: because I'm not interested in a closed relationship, but I am your type, you wonder if I'm open to Casual Sex, or a 'Friends With Benefits'-type arrangement." I smiled, and stood up out of the water, stretching luxuriously.

She was entirely speechless, staring at my body, water streaming off of my many curves, but managed a squeak and a nod of her head.

"Wonderful... do you prefer I take you right here, or return to my apartment first?" I smirked, picking her up easily.

She blushed again, having lost much of her apparent confidence and bravado, but pointed mutely to her bike.

I nodded and hopped us over to the bike, stuffing all of our clothes and such into the saddlebags, and drove the bike to the house casually, waving to any of the drivers I saw along the way, most of whom either screeched on their brakes or waved back dumbly. One man waved, grinning, and his wife slapped the back of his head harshly, to my amusement. When she looked back at me furiously, I blew her a kiss, and smirked at her instantaneous blush.

I parked in front of the garage, carrying Kyra over one shoulder and the saddlebags over the other, towards the stairs.

"Nomad, there you are,- oh and you're naked again!!!" Zatanna squeaked, turning away.

"Make it quick, dear, I've a libido to quench?" I raised an eyebrow, continuing up the stairs.

"Uh-I-Uhm... I can't talk to you when you're naked!!!" She covered her eyes, groaning in annoyance.

"Sure you can, my body isn't any of your business, so you can get over yourself about my nudity, and spit whatever it is out, as my patience is not what it should be right now!" I frowned at her from the top of the stairs, and tossed the saddlebags into my room, setting Kyra on her feet. "Shower is through the door to the right, get yourself warmed back up, Kay? You're shivering."

Zatanna sighed, nodding. "You're right... okay. A few things, actually; 1: Your bloodwork results came back, the secondary ones you gave Diana after the AntiMatter thing, and they're in a sealed envelope in your room. 2: the Trinity -and Aquaman,- want to talk about your attack on Lex Luthor, and some other stuff, I guess. Finally 3: Nightwing was looking for you. He wants to give you some sort of tranquilizer, I think, for use against metas? I'm not sure."

"All three of those are noted, and thank you for telling me. I'll see you in the morning." I nodded.

"Morning? It's only 11:00AM?" She looked puzzled.

I smiled slowly. "I take a while to satisfy, Zatanna, and I am not averse to taking my time."

She blushed, turning and walking out swiftly whilst muttering under her breath something I almost didn't catch. "Sraeh nire taht gnihtyreve raeh ot em wolla!"

I frowned, translating. "ZATANNA ZATARA!!! I am disappointed in you... next time you want to listen in, you will ask, and you will wait for permission to be given by all the participants!... that's not to say I'd be against the idea, of course, if that's your kink, but consent is key to these things!" I heard her squeak, and felt a link that I hadn't noticed before snap.

I nodded, appeased for now, (though I would have a stern talk with her later,) and joined Kyra in the shower.

I hummed happily to myself, tightening a screw on the latest of my projects, a long-range rifle that I'd be using for stealth missions.

Nightwing has dropped off the tranquilizers in the midst of my debauched evening, and I had had it analyzed, during a break for rehydration and food.

It was essentially a high-powered dendrotoxin, a common variant concentrated to levels that would put out several rhinos, at full dosage, and I was currently retrofitting a .50BMG round to carry a splash of it. A needle and cap made of my 90% metal would be surrounded by plexiglass, shattering upon impact and pushing the needle in. It would stop short of going through the enemy, due to the flat, wide cap, and the needle would then serve as the delivery method for the dendrotoxin. This would be for enemies with invulnerable skin, of course; for anyone else, it would probably just rip straight through them.

I took the gun apart, once it was finished, and set it into the case I'd made for it, a small guitar-case that it just barely fit inside the lead-lined cushioning of, in pieces. A guitar laid on top of it, effectively disguising it.

I locked the case, and turned my head when I heard Kyra stirring on the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 3.9K 71
"Just because we win the war doesn't mean we don't lose everything in the process." - Joey Magnom --------- Practically everyone dreams of having sup...
17.3K 865 22
When Eleanor was sixteen she was bit by a vampire, six years later she came across an inter-dimensional transporter as part of her work for the CIA...
199K 3.4K 20
"I've been a sinner since i was born" Being bad isn't really that hard well in Trinity eyes a.k.a dolly who is certainly one of the most dangerous wo...
6.7K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...