quiet | h.potter

By lazyloona

Athena Malkin wanted to say that she didn't hate many people, but she had a long run hate for Harry Potter. S... More

cast
A C T O N E
intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
A C T T W O
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
A C T T H R E E
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven

sixteen

6.5K 215 275
By lazyloona

tension

  After Umbridge became official headmaster , Athena began to realize her mistakes. She held her head low, trying her best not to cause trouble, though her anger had flared up again. She spent countless nights ranting to Harry, about the toad m her trouble in classes or anything that caused the girl to feel the familiar spike of anger in her stomach. The raven haired boy simply sat, occasionally he would chime in with his own opinions on the teacher or assignment , but for the most part he basked in the suddenly chatty girl.  

Though he had a qudditch final to be preparing for the boy found his mind occupied by the dark haired Slytherin who he was so attached to. He hadn't made a close friend in a while, and though he greatly valued Ron and Hermione , change was nice, and the sassy girl was certainly a change. 

Athena too felt it was nice to have someone else to talk to besides the two buffoons she adored so much , who speaking of which had snuck of behind her the morning of the final itself. They bore Ravenclaw scarves , even carrying an extra for Athena , knowing she'd want to sit with them. 

Though Athena had spent a lot of time with the Gryffindor trio , these two were only mock hurt. They understood and completely supported the girl they knew to be so cold. They never held it against her as they understood that even opening up was a massive step for her. So they slung their arms around her shoulder , pulling her off to the stands where Professor Flitwick simply scoffed at the Navy decorated Slytherin and just rolled his eyes, letting them in. 

Her two friends cheered loudly for their team , as did Athena , though her eyes trailed only on the golden boy whizzing through the stadium. Her legs crossed, one hand holding up her chin, her sharp green eyes watched him carefully. When he was close enough she could see the lines of concentration etched into his face, even far away she could sense his passion for the game, only slightly peeking her interest. She understood it fine, she just didn't really see the appeal. She made a note to ask Harry about it later. 

Though she herself didn't notice it , anytime Gryffindor scored a small smile fell onto her face, even more noticeable was the slight gasp and small cheer that left her mouth when Harry won the game for Gryffindor. 

Before she could stop herself her feet flew out in-front of her and she had run onto the field and engulfed the boy in a tackling hug , making his pleased smile grow wider. 

However the two Ravenclaws and the Other two thirds of the golden trio shared a knowing look, smirks on their faces , eyebrows raised. The green eyed pair clearly felt something for one another, though of course the two would not realize this for a long time. 

.,.

Later that day Athena sat in Hagrid's cabin with Harry and Hermione, who had all been called there by the half-giant himself. He was bruised half to death and hesitantly explained to the three that he had been with a group of giants, trying to recruit them for Dumbledore. 

He quickly took the three out to the forest where they began to hike across a long distance. 

Athena sighed , not enjoying the beads of sweat forming along her hairline from even the light exercise. As they trudged through the dark and grungy forrest , Harry filled her ears with stories of his qudditch experience. Though he began to ramble on about much more , she didn't mind much , preferring more to listen than speak herself. She learned more of the boys time with his Aunt and Uncle  and how they mistreated him , making a frown fall onto her face. She began to understand much she had misinterpreted before , like why she teased him for being so skinny in second year was because he really hadn't had much to eat at his own home, making a slight guilt fall onto her shoulders. 

When she explained this guilty feeling to Harry he simply burst into a laughing fit , slowly making the cold appearing girl to laugh with him. 

"What did you call me?"

he asked through strained laughing breaths 

She sighed , though a wide smile remained on her face 

"I didn't know that you weren't being fed Harry , and I Was a mean kid I-" 

"what was ittt

he pestered annoyingly 

"garçon maigre

she spoke 

"what?

he replied , slightly stunned at the foreign tongue 

"it means like Skinny boy , but maigre is like ... bad skinny" 

she explained through her laughing 

he broke into another fit of laughter , even Hermione who walked a bit ahead of them conversing with Hagrid turned back to throw an odd glance at the boy. 

When he finally stopped laughing he turned to her and tried to strike up a separate conversation. 

"I didn't know you spoke French?

he spoke casually , though he regretted it as the girl flinched slightly 

" yeah my mom's French" 

she answered quietly , her laughter gone 

as the mood turned serious between the two , Athena sighed in relief when Hagrid announced they had arrived at their destination. Only to be met with a giant staring at her. Hagrid announced that it was his half brother before dubbing the creature " friendly ". Though Athena begged to differ, especially as " Grop " grabbed Hermione into his large hands. 

   The afternoon consisted of screaming , lots of odd human - giant interactions , plus a surprising number of whispered conversations between the green eyed duo ( which Hagrid and Hermione pretended not to notice , both smiling secretly at the two) 

The Slytherin would later regard this as a day she realized her respect for the Potter boy, earned more about him , and of course she met a bloody giant. 

a/n: sorry if the French is weird , I'm bad at French lMaO. anyways I think this chapter is kinda okay? I know right , its shocking.  Again , please leave me a comment , they make my day when y'all hype up this story lol. anyways have a nice day ? night ? afternoon? okay bye 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 9.2K 55
Platinum Blonde hair, aristocratic features, cold hands gripping her thighs, sweet nothings, vulgar words and moonlit eyes showing how badly he would...
5K 68 31
Athena Lestrange tried everything to change before hogwarts. Changed her last name, her hair, her eyes. Yet no matter what she did all she saw was he...
16.3K 735 51
Y/n Evans spent the entire fifth year saving the wizarding world. She quickly became the hero of Hogwarts and was admired by nearly everyone. Everyon...
2M 22.6K 124
DRACO LOVE STORY. Smut, strong language, some mature content! Juliet has had everything in her life handed to her from the start. Gorgeous. Talente...