Tale Of Sarna The Shield Warr...

By dram12

Second Part of Tale Of Sarna Shield Warrior. The world has moved on. Sarna's continuing Adventure to build a... More

notes
Now Ready
The Making
Louse
The Telling
My Thoughts
Army of Ohio
The Skirmish
Cow pens / Atlanta
The Conquerors
Stella Marie
The Ocean Blue
We Sail
The Story
The Story part two
They Arrive
The Ohio's
Atlanta - A Spy
A Spy part 2
One / The Raid
One / The Raid part 2
Enoree
Mason / Kit
Home
After Action Report
They Return
Sarna's Plan
The Journey
Tour - Meeting
The Meeting
Evening Next Morning
Orleans
Atlanta - Savannah
The Attacks
York
Ocean Blue 21.99 - 71.69
War and Man
Camp Joy
Battle
Battle part two
Battle Of Pelion
Columbia / Augusta
Horrel Hill
Silence at Arthurtown
Silence / 2
Mitch's Ride / The Captured
Allendale - Columbia
First United
Statesboro
The Tribunal - Mitch & Liz
The Trial
South&East
Guyton
Springfield
Baldwin Inn
Baldwin
Pigs To Slaughter
She Must Fall
Victory And Death
Garden City
Garden City /2
Moving Forward
Common
You The Reader
Charles Town
Liz And The Rifle
The Confusion
Stanson's Report / The North
Seven weeks
Terrence / Plymouth
TA Sea / Santee
Santee
Battle Of Santee
Durns Folly
June / August
Second Battle Horrel Hill/ Smithfield
Antarctica
Army Of Ohio
Yorktown / Haivershaw
Southeastern Islands
Taft / Yorktown
Surrender Field
The Years After

Army Of Carolina

17 3 11
By dram12

War an Art Form which few learn, those that do wish only to never use it. Armies prepare, Soldiers, learn the dreadful art. Never knowing if they'll do what must be done, fight or flight. Fire or hide is only known when given the chance. Army of Carolina will find out if they're training has worked.
Midnight day four Army Of Carolina has broken the line.

Jacob felt the cold mist, it was freezing on the ground. He had to call a stop the Army was not close together stretched too far apart. Before they're dash across the enemy lines. He wanted his entire army able to function in mass. Ten hours till dark, they'll hold here at this small farm. Sleep till almost dark. Jacob stepped into the barn. He shook took a deep breathe, damn it's not fit to travel.
Good thing though, The Republic won't expect us to move. Jacob, we have some coffee, like a cup?
Yes, I would black need the bitter to warm my bones some. Thank you, Sargent, are the Corp Commanders on their way? Yes, Jacob, they are, sorry we've been friends far to long not to call you that. No worries we are alone. Coffee is good getting warmed up some, let's sit my feet need a break. Will the owner let us use his house for the meeting?

Yes, would you like to move inside get warmer beforehand? No, stay out here till they all arrive.
Wouldn't be fitting to be warm and they aren't.
Jacob looked over, his Sargent was asleep. As he stood and paced, sleep Arnie rest old friend.
Finally, he thought my Corp Command is here.
Barton, Glenn, good to see you, Walton, Mac, Jones.
Sight for sore eyes. The Farmer will let us use his house. Be gracious, make sure you thank them.

Barton said don't know about the rest, I'm cold and tired. Let's get out this miserable mist and cold.
Jacob knocked on the door, this is General Parson Army of Carolina, can we come in? Yes, General as she opened the door, have coffee and warm bread for you. Come in, my home is yours. Jacob thanked her mam we'll only be an intrusion for an hour at best. Have a seat I'll pour some coffee get you all some bread and leave you to your business.

Barton said," thank you, mam, and thank you for the use of your home." "You are quite welcome."
Jacob said " Gentlemen it's a nasty evening and a nasty situation we are entering." breaking out the Corn Licker. Pouring some in each coffee.  Let's get down to business, First Corp you've got the lead Jones your Artillery, send two Batteries medium cannon First Corp, Barton place them with your lead Division. Jones keep your Support Artillery moving you've slowed us down. Mac has to slow to help support you. Then the rest has to slow.
We are doing our best Jacob those heavy Parrots don't like the mud and ice. Jones, I'm not yelling just try to keep up we need that Artillery.

Hell, we need this whole Army to move fast. We rest here four hours, we don't stop after till we make contact or Columbia. March order remains the same. Nothing new from our lead element.
Unless you have questions I'm finished. Barton asked why in hell did we all stop to meet with you?
Hell, I could be relaxing. Jacob stood looked at Barton, hell I'm tired too. That's all! Thought maybe a break coffee little whisky! Barton do you have anything? No Sir, I've nothing just I ache from the cold. Tired this moving, where in hell are they? They packed up tightly around Columbia or what?

Gentlemen, please stop shouting. None of you had the sense to check the fire? I want to ask a question. My Husband left with the Army when this all started. Is he with you all? Names James Roberts. Left with the First Volunteers. Jacob walked over sat next to her, helped with fire.
Mam Mrs. Roberts, I don't think he lives these Generals will check. The First was lost in the pens.
I'm sorry, I'll know before we leave you'll know I promise this. So he's gone my James is gone. How will I keep the Farm get the fields planted?  Jacob didn't know what to say, he thought a moment.
Mrs. Roberts, you'll find a way, you'll have to be strong. Like all will have to be when this is over a lot more dead husbands and wives empty farms.
The Lands will need us you to be strong. I'll leave two men out of my support Corp. They'll help bring up firewood make sure you have plenty near the house. They can only stay about two hours.
Do you need food or any other supplies?

No, I've plenty of food, I do have a son he is out hunting. Your offer is nice I'll not need any help.
Barton took his last drink, Mam thanks for the coffee the warmth of your home. Sorry for my outburst. Jacob rest of us we'll be leaving. Oh and
I shouldn't have shouted at you. Jacob nodded watched as they left. They are good Generals, Mrs. Roberts, I'm sorry for intruding on you. We'll be gone in a few hours. No intrusion at all, even the yelling filled the house. With voices of men talking. Been a long while since I've heard that.

Jacob stood mam, I'll make sure to replace the coffee we drank. Bye, your leave. Bye, yours Sir.

                              The Push
Mam, we've checked your husband isn't with us.
That doesn't mean for sure he is dead. Maybe missing, doubtful so don't cling to him being alive.
Here's two pounds coffee and a half bottle of whisky.
General, I don't drink. Medicinal mam never know.
Thank you, General, good luck to you.

Jones don't mind if I ride along for a while, do you?
Jacob is a pleasure, Blair Jacob that's when we'll see them. Just south of it. Jacob nodded may just be right. Just remember to get those heavy siege guns set fast, want Columbia surrounded so the rest can move on. Third Corp will be with you. It be fast Jacob plenty fast. Jones keep them moving, I'm headed to the front.

                           Midnight South Of Blair
Jacob eased back in his saddle, Kit need you to take your Troop grab another two Troops cross the Broad River. You'll be the lead for Second Corp eyes and ears Kit.  Back ta where that machine gun was. No mind Jacob, none at all got that place figured out. Do I head out now? Soon as you can
Kit. Yes um on it, bye your leave Sir.

Darkness Jacob didn't like it, least his Army had some form of concealment.  Mist is helping also if only it wasn't freezing. Looking back, he said Barton we still have interval? Sent a rider to check just a minute ago. You were off thinking I reckon.
Thinking about this damn cold mist dark, only good comes of it. Helps keep us concealed Chapin Barton we split that is the worry some part, swing towards Gilbert. Barton nodded yep split down the center of Chapin and Lexington. Glenn and half of Walton's Corp will swing left split down the center of Elgin and Lugoff. Rest of Walton's Corp follows us. Mac and Jones encircle and hold Columbia till we pass and Jackson relieves them. Barton, I'm going to the rear of the Corp want to talk to Glenn before he makes his turn. Step up the pace I want around Columbia before two. Yes um, Jacob, I'll step it up a bit.

                            First United Army
                               Edgefield Carolina

Just east of Edgefield, Sarna called a stop of the Army. She wanted a change of direction and a meeting.

Sarna paced then stretched, Ben feel like I haven't slept in days. Tired my I'm tired. Sarna we all are this Army needs a break maybe three hours. I'm not sure, we break we'll be found. Sarna, it's a chance we must take. Louse climbed off his horse what chance is that Ben? I say we need a break, Sarna wants to keep pushing. Louse stomped his left foot, damn foot sleeping on me. It will take one hour to get our Corps on interval, give them three to rest, only a four hour stop. Sarna thought a minute. Yes, call a break till three. Louse where are Lana and Garret? On the way, wish we had coffee might help knock the chill off. Ben smiled I've some rum that a knock the chill off. Louse said yes that would do, looks like our fourth Corp commander and his Corp has arrived.

Sarna smiled, finally, we are whole. Wait on the rum, till we talk, some after. Ben Sarna Louse, good to see you all. Sorry, it took a while, couple wagons Mounted Infantry, got stuck aways back. Plus our late start, the Artillery those three batteries from Bama are with us. Sarna nodded at Garret and Lana, I've got a change in our route.

Lana held up a crocker I've coffee from the mess wagon. Sarna shrugged, get your cups Lana you pour. Then we'll talk. Sarna took a drink, smiled well I feel the warmth in my belly and hands.
Now my feelings are best change direction. The retreating Army from Atlanta possibly moving towards Augusta, leaves us between a rock and a hard spot. We'll move east of Augusta. Lana your Corp will detach from First Corp, move on your own.  Chad fourth Corp has the rear Lana you run third in route. Garret, you have the lead. Louse second. Ben pick someone you trust to take a troop to do a recon west of us, have Liza inform him or her. Ben nodded I've just the Ranger in mind, rum in the coffee now? Sarna smiled, sure that's all I have break till three.

                             Army Of Ohio
                          Monroe Carolina   
                         Jena's daily report

Four days into our movement, Monroe Carolina making good time. No resistance thus far. My Command and Army is in good spirits. I've received no word as to Yorks progress, don't expect to join up with them till at least, Fayetteville or Clinton. I've called a stop to rest till dawn. Proceed on at daylight.

Jena pulled her cot from the wall of her command wagon. Groaned as she sat down, thinking least I've got a wagon. Offered to have a few built for Sarna and the rest. They didn't want one, so be it
I'm warm. Sarna if you hear me I'm making good time. Best sleep daylight only a few hours away.

                             Army Of Carolina
                                       Pelion

Jacob heard shots bugles, he kicked his horse damn, of course, we make contact! I'm at the middle of the collum. The sun just peaking from the horizon. Barton! What the hell is going on?
Forward element Jacob, seems they made contact.
Has to be them, due for hold and replaced. Sent a Troop out, to take a look see. I'll have a Division ready to move up if ya like? Barton send out the First they're the best for it. Have them make ready,
let's make sure this isn't a skirmish, not a full-fledged assault. Runner! Yes, Sir, I'm right here.
Tell the First to make ready pull from the collum.
Yes, Sir! Bye, your leave. Jacob listened still a fight going on, hasn't slowed none. Barton, I'm heading back to get with the First I'm moving with them!
Don't think we should wait! Jacob, I'll take them!
No, stay with the Army! Might need a fast decision made. I'd feel better if it was myself.

Jacob led the First out, towards the firing, as they cleared the hill. Jacob could see it was more than a patrol run in. Three Troops penned down in separate locations. The line was long and well fortified. Damn hoped we moved far enough west and south! Jenson, have the Division hold. I need to asses this situation. We've ridden into a mess.
Yes, Sir, I'll send the Division Commander up.

This chapter has been a pain to write. Thank you all for reading. The next chapter will have some action.
Comment vote. Hope you continue on with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 22 21
Right after an intense battle for the universe, Lucy is thrown into a multiversal tournament among one hundred and twenty contestants. This is the fo...
620 11 34
(Please tell me about spelling and grammar mistakes) When a new threat arises,the next and final great prophecy is issued.The 7 (now a group of 12)...
61 0 28
The loss of two important figures, ushered these two young warriors to fight. Fight to rescue their lost members. When a younger warrior, close to th...
2 0 1
Twelve set out to finish a battle from a former life.