Hello Detective

By Vbstar1365

From desk worker detective to Sergeant at Scotland Yard, Adelaide Gregson has come a long way from her days i... More

A Study in Pink Part 1
A Study in Pink Part 2
A Study in Pink Part 3
A Study in Pink Part 4
A Study in Pink Part 5
A Study in Pink Part 6
A Study in Pink Part 7
A Study in Pink Part 8
The Blind Banker Part 1
The Blind Banker Part 2
The Blind Banker Part 3
The Blind Banker Part 4
The Blind Banker Part 5
The Blind Banker Part 6
The Blind Banker Part 7
The Great Game Part 1
The Great Game Part 2
The Great Game Part 3
The Great Game Part 4
The Great Game Part 5
The Great Game Part 6
The Great Game Part 7
The Great Game Part 8
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 1
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 2
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 3
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 4
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 5
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 6
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 7
A Scandal in Belgravia Part 8
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 1
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 2
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 3
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 4
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 5
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 6
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 7
The Hounds of Baskerville Part 8
The Reichenbach Fall Part 1
The Reichenbach Fall Part 2
The Reichenbach Fall Part 3
The Reichenbach Fall Part 4
The Reichenbach Fall Part 5
The Reichenbach Fall Part 6
The Reichenbach Fall Part 7
The Reichenbach Fall Part 8
The Reichenbach Fall Part 9
Gregson Part 1
Gregson Part 2
Gregson Part 3
Gregson Part 4
Gregson Part 5
Gregson Part 6
Gregson Part 7
Gregson Part 8
Gregson Part 9
The Empty Hearse Part 1
The Empty Hearse Part 2
The Empty Hearse Part 3
The Empty Hearse Part 4
The Empty Hearse Part 5
The Empty Hearse Part 6
The Empty Hearse Part 7
The Sign of Three Part 1
The Sign of Three Part 3
His Last Vow Part 1
His Last Vow Part 2
His Last Vow Part 3
His Last Vow Part 4

The Sign of Three Part 2

833 37 11
By Vbstar1365

I hung up the phone, took a deep breath, and prepared to ascend the stairs again to 221B. Just as I was about to, Mrs. Hudson appeared by her door.

"Oh Adelaide! Hello dearie, would you mind helping me with the tea? I was just about to bring it up to Sherlock." Mrs. Hudson asked.

"Of course, I would be honored." I smiled and helped her.

Lestrade must I slipped out while I was helping Mrs. Hudson. All I heard from upstairs was the violin. I didn't recognize the song, Sherlock must have been composing.

I followed Mrs. Hudson up the stairs, she carried a fresh plate of biscuits and I carried the tea tray.

The music got louder and louder as we approached it. I had to admit, even though I was currently thoroughly pissed off at Sherlock, the song really was beautiful.

When Mrs.Hudson pushed open the door, we both were met with a waltzing Sherlock making his way around the living room.

"Shut up, Mrs. Hudson." Sherlock spoke, as he turned his head around slightly to see her smirk at the sight.

"I haven't said a word." She argued.

"You're formulating a question and it's physically painful watching you think." Sherlock sighed, stopping his motion suddenly and pulling a small remote from the pocket of his dressing gown.

"I thought it was you playing." Mrs. Hudson spoke, as he shut the music off.

"It was me playing. I am composing." He spoke, hunched over the desk scribbling onto his sheet music.

"You were dancing." I corrected with a smirk. He turned around like he hadn't seen me standing in the doorway.

"I thought you'd gone." He spoke, straightening his posture.

"Someone had to bring you your tea." I shrugged.

"You're not usually awake when I bring it." Mrs. Hudson said, pouring the tea I had placed on the side table.

"You bring me tea in the morning?" Sherlock asked, taking a seat in his chair.

"Where do you think it came from?" Mrs. Hudson giggled as she spoke.

"I don't know, I just thought it sort of... happened." Sherlock spoke, causing a smile to appear on my face, paired with an eye roll.

"Your mother has a lot to answer for." Mrs. Hudson muttered while handing Sherlock and I each a cup.

"I know, I have a list." Sherlock replied, accepting the cup from the woman.

"Mycroft and I have a file." I smirked, gaining an eyebrow raise from Sherlock.

"So.... it's the big day then." Mrs. Hudson nearly squealed with excitement, now taking a seat in John's chair.

"What big day?" Sherlock asked. I had turned the chair from his desk around to sit in, now sipping my tea.

"The wedding! John and Mary are getting married." Mrs. Hudson spoke with exasperation, Sherlock had to have known that the wedding was today.

"Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday, then carry on living together. What's big about that?" Sherlock scoffed.

"It changes people, marriage." Mrs. Hudson began.

"Mmm, no, it doesn't." Sherlock argued.

"Sherlock.. You of all people should understand now." Mrs. Hudson spoke, and the room was silent for a moment. I looked up from sipping my tea to find both of them with their eyes on me. I nearly choked on my tea.

"Now now Mrs. Hudson, you'll give Adelaide a heart attack." Sherlock spoke.

"I think I've missed something here." I said, placing my cup back in my saucer.

"Mrs. Hudson I'm sure you have a lot to do to prepare for the wedding." Sherlock urged, and she got the message, said goodbye and headed off downstairs.

Sherlock was now standing in front of me, his hand outstretched to take my cup.

"I need your help." He spoke.

"With?" I asked.

"The waltz. For John and Mary. It has to be perfect, and I need a partner." He took my hand and lead me to the middle of the room.

"You might regret that once you see that I'm the worst dancer on the planet." I confessed.

"You were trained in ballet, your mother showed me pictures." He argued, a smirk on his lips.

"I was five Sherlock." I laughed. He pulled me closer, and started the music.

I took his lead, and slowly got the hang of it. Finally I was able to proceed without staring at my feet.

"What did Mrs. Hudson mean earlier?" I asked, looking up at him as we danced.

"I'm not sure what you're referring to." Sherlock said, looking off behind me.

"Sherlock..." I scolded slightly.

"Do you ever think about it?" He asked quietly.

"About getting married?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes." He confirmed, still not looking at me.

"Do you?" I asked in shock, surely this isn't the same Sherlock that once said that sentiment was a chemical defect found on the losing side.

"Everytime I'm with you," His eyes finally met mine, "For once in my life I feel normal. And I think maybe I could have a normal life, and do normal things, because of you. When I'm with you, I'm not a freak or a machine, I'm just me. And you're you. Is it so crazy for me to think that people like us are capable of something like that."

I hadn't realized the two of us had stopped dancing because my head was still spinning.

"You look scared, oh God I messed up didn't I, I-" Sherlock began to panic and ramble.

"No, Sherlock, no you didn't, I just. I guess I'm just surprised. I mean before it was something I thought about sometimes, but I didn't think that was something you wanted. Then when you... I thought you were dead, and all of that was off the table for me. I wasn't going to find anyone else, because there's only one of you. So I never thought I'd ever get married and do all of that. But now you're back." I spoke, a twinge of guilt coursed through Sherlock when I spoke about his absence.

"I am back, and I'm not going anywhere. I don't mean to scare you, I'm not saying we have to get married tomorrow, I just mean, one day, it would be something that would bring me great joy." Sherlock smiled down at me.

"You're not proposing to me on John's wedding day. This is their day Sherlock, we can have our own later." I scolded with a laugh.

"Ugh fine." Sherlock smiled at me, turning off the music finally.

"Something still doesn't add up here." I said.

"And what's that?" Sherlock looked over to me from his music sheet.

"How did Mrs.Hudson know you felt this way?" I asked, a smirk on my lips and a hand on my hip.

"Woman's intuition? You know she must be much more perceptive than I give her credit for-" Sherlock lied and I laughed.

"Sherlock, I'm not John I know when you're lying." I laughed.

"Fine. It was John's stag night, we came home drunk and I might have said a bit more than I intended to." He confessed.

"Like?" I asked, picturing a drunk, emotional, and sensitive Sherlock and being unable to suppress a smile.

"Like how much I love you, how you'd make a beautiful bride and how I couldn't picture a day where I didn't have you by my side." Sherlock said, almost shamefully.

I placed my hands on either side of his cheeks and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

"Are you high?" I asked, half joking, half serious.

"No." He answered, and seemed to be telling the truth.

"Good. Let's keep it that way, this is John's wedding and I won't be there to babysit you." I told him, finally revealing my reason for returning.

"You won't be there?" Sherlock spoke, and his demeanor changed, a slight pout present on his lips.

"That's what I came back to tell you. With everything that happened this morning at the office I'm afraid there's too much pressing work to be done. I promise to come as soon as we're done, I should be able to make it by the reception, I would hate to miss your speech." I told him.

"Oh yes, the speech." Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"You'll do great. Read the telegrams, say something nice about John, give them a detective story, people love detective stories, give a little toast and you'll be done. I promise you'll do great." I placed a kiss onto his forehead as I gathered my things.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked.

"You're Sherlock Holmes, you've faced demons and the devil himself, a little speech isn't going to kill you." I smirked, wishing him luck, and exiting the flat.

"Oh and Sherlock... for future reference, a proposal usually includes a ring." I yelled from the stairs.

"A ring. Ring! How could I forget a ring! Of all the mundane-" I laughed as I heard Sherlock frantically rushing about and throwing things. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 819 11
Book 1 Linked suicides? The Police clueless? Sophia Holmes and her father believe they can help solve a mystery that riddles the public. But can they...
13.6K 499 39
Lucy Scott did what she had to in order to survive. A petty thief, a loner and a nobody; she had no business in the real underworld. But there she wa...
247K 8.8K 83
[Semi-Canon] [Highest Rating- #1 in sherlocklovestory] It's Autumn in London and Love is in season for one Consulting Detective and Zoologist. Sherlo...
77.6K 3.3K 200
Mycroft Holmes is apparently a very happy man. He have an important job, a stable relationship with a Scotland Yard officer since a couple of years a...