The Unexpected Nanny 2

By JeniRaeD

Story is published on Amazon, (kindle and Paperback). Smashwords, and more! Sadie, Antonio, and Ethan are all... More

Authors Note
Heads up
1- Driving 101
2- "Oh my!"
3- Explanation
4- Spur of the moment decision
5- Just us
6- Opening her heart
7- The kiss of heaven
8- So wrong, that it felt so right
9- One last time
10- Nobody is getting hurt
11- The Nanny
12- Oh the dilemma
13- Office Romance
14- Opening up options
Quick A/N
15- A feeling of guilt
16- The talk with Grace
17- Embarrassing moment
18- Confronting Melissa
19- The girls dates
20- An offer for Ethan
21- Ethan on cloud nine
22- Grace's admission
23- Grace Admits to Ethan her love
24- You can whack me
Helpful to readers
25- Ti amo
27- Surprise
28- Having a little fun
29- Renewing vows
30- You slept with her?
31- You're pregnant?
32- Understanding
33- Drunk boys misbehave
34- Making up
35- Exciting news reveal
36- Love all around
37- Complete my life
38- Coming clean
39- It's time
40- The Birth
41- Happiness
42- Arriving in Italy
43- Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

26- Getting to Grace

6.4K 565 452
By JeniRaeD

Ethan begged the cop to let him go, letting him know it was an emergency. He explained the phone call he had gotten, and that it was the reason why he was speeding "Please let me go so I can get to her as soon as possible." Ethan begged again.

"Go sit in your car, and let me run your information." The cop demanded, still looking at him with a strange look. The cop didn't like he was being smarted off to from the start, but thought if what he was saying was true, he could understand the frustrations of why he was pulled over. He ran his license, and when it came back clean, he called in to see if there were any medical emergencies recently called in, with a woman named, Grace Hart.

Ethan patiently, yet disturbingly sat in his car waiting for the officer to come back with a ticket, for which he figured he would go into the courts, and fight Come on... what the fuck is taking so long? he groaned, looking into the rearview mirror. He then saw the officer get out of his vehicle, and walk up towards his car, and felt relieved finally, he muttered.

"Here's the deal, sign this, and from now on, obey all traffic laws." he says, handing him a clipboard, wanting him to sign the citation. Ethan groaned thinking that he had gotten a ticket. "This is your lucky night, I'm going to issue you this warning, but I ask you not drive like that again, you could have gotten yourself, or someone else injured, or worse, killed. It's not worth driving like that. What you're signing here is a warning ticket. Now, I called in, and was told that the woman you named, is at the hospital down the road, she was brought in about five minutes ago. I'd like for you to follow me... I'll escort you, and will get you there safe."

Ethan looked at the officer in shock, he was surprised he wasn't given a ticket, and was surprised for the first time in his life, that an officer decided to help him out. He smiled "Thank you, thank you very much."

Ethan followed the officer to the hospital, ecstatic he was able to speed, and to not have to worry about getting into any trouble. He was thrilled to be able to park near the doors, and got out of his car thanking the officer, again. He sprinted into the emergency room, and over to the nurses sitting behind the counter. "Hi I'm looking for Grace Hart, where can I find her." he asked worried.

"Are you a friend, or family member?" she asked. Ethan gave her a funny look, shaking his head wondering what kind of question that was "What does it matter if I'm a friend, or a family member? I'm here because the love of my life was just brought in, and I'd like to know where I can find her. SO, I guess you would say that I'm family." he retorted, upset to be asked a question like that. All he knew was, he just wanted to be with her, and to find out what the hell happened.

She widened her eyes, not wanting him to raise his voice again, looked at the computer in front of her, and typed in her name. "Just a minute." the nurse said to him, while she looked to see where they placed her. "She was just brought in; I'll take you back to the room she's in."

Ethan followed the nurse in a panic, his heart was racing, he was sweating, and worried about what was going on with her. He started thinking about how she had been sick, and was curious to if this was the reason for her being here, hoping it was nothing serious.

The nurse opened the curtain, waving for him to walk into the room. "The doctor should be here soon; it looks like he hasn't been in yet." Ethan walked over to Grace, and held onto her hand, he saw how pale she was, and felt his heart drop into his stomach when he saw blood in her hair, near her forehead. He noticed someone tried cleaning up the blood, and licked his finger, to clean the rest of the blood off her forehead, and leaned down kissing her where the blood was "I'm here Hun." he said quietly. He wanted to know what happened to her, but didn't want to wake her.

He took a deep breath, lowered his head, and sighed hard. He couldn't believe she was in the emergency room, and knew he should have brought her in the other night. He looked to his side, saw a chair, and walked over to it, pushing it next to the bed, and held onto her hand, while resting his forehead on top of her hand "What in the hell happened Grace?" he asked her softly. He then heard the curtain open, and lifted his head, looking over at the doctor. "Hello." The doctor said, looking at the paperwork he was given.

The doctor walked over to Grace, and started looking her over. "Were you with her when this happened?"

"No, no I wasn't." Ethan says, shaking his head "I'm not sure what happened, I received a phone call from her work, saying they found her in the bathroom, on the ground passed out, and couldn't get her to open her eyes."

"Uh huh." he says. He then looked at Ethan, furrowing his eyebrows "Hmm... has there been anything going on with her recently? She doesn't appear to have been attacked."

"I know she's been sick; she was thinking she may have gotten food poisoning, claiming she ate something she never had before, and felt sick after that, but that was days ago."

"Alright, we'll run some tests, and get to the bottom of this." As the doctor was getting ready to walk out, he stopped, and turned around, looking at Ethan "Any possibility she could be pregnant?"

His question made Ethan's heart sink, and looked over at Grace "I'm- I'm not sure, she claims she's unable to have any kids, but I guess it could be a possibility if she were able to become pregnant."

"Alright, a nurse will be in soon, and we'll run some tests."

Ethan sat there looking at Grace, and started caressing her cheek, thinking about if she could possibly be pregnant, and thought about what she told him. A couple nurses came into the room to take Grace away for tests, and asked him to stay behind, letting him know they'll bring her back when they're done with all the tests.

He didn't know what to expect, what to think, or what to do. He wanted to call Sadie, and Antonio, and to let them know where Grace, but didn't want to ruin their vacation. He thought it would be better if he waited to see what the doctor had to say, before calling them. While waiting for them to bring her back into the room, he paced back and forth, praying she was OK.

An hour went by, and they still had Grace, running tests. He looked at the time, and leaned back in the chair rubbing his forehead This must not be good, he sighed, starting to feel sick to his stomach. He then started wondering if it was more than just food poisoning, and started thinking she may very well be pregnant after he did the math of when they first had sex. After a couple hours, they finally brought her back into the room, and noticed she was somewhat awake. When she saw Ethan sitting in the chair, she smiled "Fancy place to be seeing you here." she said quietly to him.

"The doctor will be in after he looks at the test results." The nurse explained. Ethan stepped over to Grace, and leaned down, kissing her on the lips.

"Tell me what happened, I'm very worried about you." he asked, choked up. He brought her hand up to his lips, and placed kisses on her fingers.

"I'm not sure what happened. I felt sick, and lightheaded, and went to the restroom, next thing I know, I'm in a room having tests done on me." Grace looked away, and looked at the machines hooked to her.

She felt her heart breaking, thinking everything was finally going well for her. She was finally able to open up to someone that showed her love, and respect, one who she had strong feelings for, and is now worried that her heart will be shattered with her being ill, and that she would lose him for good. "Maybe something is wrong with me, and that it was a mistake for me to fall in love with someone." she sighed, not wanting to look at him.

It hurt him hearing her talking that way, and hoped the doctor would hurry, and be in soon, to explain what was going on with her. "Grace don't talk that way, I'm not going anywhere, be positive for once."

Grace closed her eyes, and tried to rest, she was feeling sick to her stomach, and didn't want to think about it anymore. The doctor finally came in, saw Grace was asleep, and asked Ethan how she was doing, and feeling.

"She's been resting for about an hour now, she was up for a little while talking nonsense. Have you figured out what's going on with her?"

"Her blood sugar levels are awfully low, which will cause her to be lightheaded, and to cause the fainting spells. I noticed she has some other abnormal numbers as well, but nothing too concerning. Other than that, she appears to be healthy, so I must ask again, is there a possibility she could be pregnant? That was the only test we never ran."

Ethan thought about it, he remembered never using a condom the night she said she couldn't have kids, and looked over at Grace, then back at the doctor. "I suppose she could be; it would be a miracle if she was pregnant, she's been insisting she couldn't have any more kids, and insisted there was no way possible she could be pregnant... but, I guess anything is possible, so I say, check, and see if she is pregnant."

"We'll bring her into the ultrasound room, and we'll find out for sure. You're right, anything is possible." The doctor winked.

A nurse came back into the room, and wheeled Grace into the ultrasound room, waking Grace up, and explaining what they'll be doing. "This is ridiculous, there's no possible way I'm pregnant, you're wasting your damn time." Grace insisted, furrowing her eyebrows at the nurse, then looked at Ethan, crossing her arms. "There's absolutely no way I'm pregnant, if my blood sugar was that low, could it be possible, I'm diabetic?"

"Hun, just relax, and let them do the ultrasound. They need to figure out what's wrong with you, and we need to get you out of here. I don't know about you, but if you really wanted to be staying in the Hilton, I could have brought you to a much nicer one, one where we could be having a much better time, than here."

"Fine, do the damn ultrasound... you'll see, I'm not pregnant." she sighed, with anger in her voice.

The nurse slid up her shirt, and squirted the gel over her stomach. "I'm not pregnant." Grace huffed, while Ethan held her hand. The nurse took the wand, and started moving it around her stomach. Grace looked up at the ceiling, and couldn't believe they were looking to see if she was pregnant.

The nurse stopped the wand, clicked away on the keyboard, as she held the wand on the one spot of her stomach, and taking pictures for the doctor to see. Grace kept mumbling nonsense to Ethan, and to the nurse, causing the nurse to smile, and giggle.

"So, what are you finding?" Ethan asked curiously.

"I'll give these pictures to the doctor, and he'll explain them to you." she smiled, as she stood up.

"Can you at least tell us if she's is pregnant?" Ethan asked, as his hands started sweating. He saw what was on the screen, and watched her typing on the keyboard, and knew something was up. He thought they looked familiar to Sadie's ultrasounds, but didn't know what to expect from what he saw on the screen.

"I know the answer to it, but I'll leave that to the doctor to explain to you both." she grinned, upsetting Grace, and Ethan.

"I'm telling you, I'm not pregnant, so get that out of your head." she says, looking at Ethan.

Ethan looked at the nurse, desperately wanting to hear if he was going to be a dad to Grace's child. "Are you not liable to say yes, or no?" Ethan asked, sighing, getting more nervous at the way the nurse was acting towards them. She brought them back into the room, informing them that the doctor would be in shortly, and will explain to them what she found.

Ethan was getting antsy, and Grace was growing more agitated the longer it took the doctor to come back in the room. Wanting Ethan to bring her home, so she could go to bed. The doctor came in holding the pictures the nurse had taken, and walked over to the other side of Grace. He wanted to be able to look at Grace, and to see Ethan's reaction after he showed them the results.

"What I need for you to do on Monday, is to call, and set up an appointment with your gynecologist. You are in fact pregnant." he smiled.

Grace's head quickly snapped over to the doctor, and raised her voice "What?" she said in shock. "That's impossible, there is no damn way I could be pregnant... no way."

The doctor handed her the pictures, pointing them out to her. Grace snatched the pictures from his hand, and looked. She couldn't believe it, and felt like breaking down. "This has to be some sort of joke. I was always told I couldn't have any more children after the scaring that incurred from what happened to me years ago."

She explained to the doctor what happened to her, and why she was told she couldn't have any more children, after the doctor curiously asked what happened. Ethan couldn't believe it, he felt excited to hear he was going to be a dad, and held tightly onto Grace's hand. He could see she was in shock, and wasn't sure what to say to her. Then looked at her curiously "I guess this would be the wrong time to ask if I'm the father?" he joked, while smirking.

Grace looked at him, while shaking her hand away from his, and slapped him across the face. "Yep, I knew it was wrong of me to ask that question, but I was only messing with you, trying to be funny, and to get you to laugh." he sighed, as he rubbed his cheek.

The doctor smirked, and wanted to laugh, but held it in, not wanting to make any matters worse for them. "She'll be fine, I'll send a nurse in with the discharge papers, and I will also be giving you information on what I need for you to follow, until you can see your gynecologist, things you can, and cannot do, for you being the age that you are."

Grace rolled her head towards Ethan, giving him a dirty look. "I cannot believe that came out of your mouth." Grace snapped, as the doctor left the room.

"I was trying to lighten the room up, I didn't know what to say, I was in shock, and felt I needed to say something to make you laugh, instead, I got my face slapped, in which I guess I deserved."

"You're obviously the only person I slept with."

"What about your boss?" Shit he thought to himself, he couldn't believe he said that, and expected another slap across the face.

That question didn't sit well with her, and she slapped him again. "Why on earth would you ask that?"

Ethan rubbed his cheek, knowing he deserved it again. "I only asked because of the time I ran into you at the diner with your boss, I saw the two of you looking cozy, and holding hands, and assumed you two had started a relationship." he sighed, still rubbing his cheek "Damn... that one stung."

"For your information, it was a business meal, he was offering me a better job, higher up. As for holding his hands, I did that on purpose. I knew you were watching, and I wanted you to move on at the time. So, I grabbed his hands, and explained the situation to him."

"Was he the one who called me, letting me know what happened to you?"

"I have no clue."

Ethan groaned, feeling bad for saying, and thinking what he did. "I'm sorry I even brought it up. I shouldn't have, it's something that's been bothering me for a while." He then closed his mouth, thinking about how he slept with Ilona, and knew he had no room to insinuate anything. What he did know was, he had to tell her what happened between him, and Ilona.

Ethan stood up, and lowered his face to hers, being only inches away, and looked her in the eyes "I want you to know, as much as we both are shocked by this, I couldn't be any happier. I will be there for you, and for what's growing inside you. I also want you to know, I'm not lying when I say this, but I'm madly in love with you. I love you, and I want to be the one to take care of you." Without letting her say a word, he gave her a long, passionate kiss.

"We'll get through this together. All I know is, Sadie isn't going to be thrilled about it. I think I better go buy me some bubble wrap, and wrap myself up, for when we tell her the good news."

Hope that you enjoyed this chapter!!!!🤞🤞🤞🤞😍😍😍😍❤❤❤

Grace finally learned she was pregnant.. wonder how Sadie will take it?🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Please comment your thoughts❤❤

Votes are great thank you!❤❤❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 157K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
118K 3K 20
{Mature Theme, 18+} {COMPLETED} Kian Manchester - A 19 year old high school graduate. He dosen't have much, it's a struggle everyday. His parents die...
1M 39.3K 33
Brianna never knew the man she met one night at a football game then later fell in love with. Had a secret. One very huge secret that he knew if it w...
1.5M 47.3K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...