quiet | h.potter

By lazyloona

Athena Malkin wanted to say that she didn't hate many people, but she had a long run hate for Harry Potter. S... More

cast
A C T O N E
intro
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
A C T T W O
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
A C T T H R E E
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven

two

17.1K 509 1K
By lazyloona

everything is not what it seems 

'''

if even possible, the famous Gryffindor boy had become even more confused. he sat in his potions class, letting his mind drift off to the interaction he'd had with the slytherin girl just earlier that week. she hadn't been showing up to classes, and no one had seemed to notice so far, but harry had. he was baffled with her, completely and utterly baffled.

He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice the very girl on his mind, wander in the potions classroom and glance around for an open seat, and sighing when she realized the only one was next to the potter boy. She slowly slid onto the stool, making sure to push it as far away from the boy as she could. it was the slight scrape of the stool that pulled harry from his thoughts, making Athena curse under her breath.

His eyes met hers , their green color mimicking one another. Though everything inside Athena wanted to rip her eyes away, she yet again felt herself stare back at the boy she hated so much. She studied his facial features, only to meet his eyes again. He seemed to be focusing as a small crease formed between his eye brows as he thought back to the last time he'd seen her. making her finally tear her eyes back to Snapes lesson. 

harry noticed that bags were under her eyes, and that she heaved with tiredness. she hadn't been sleeping well. she seemed so broken , emotionless

"hey"

he whispered

of course she ignored him , just because she'd spoken to him once doesn't mean she'd do it again. 

"are you okay?

he asked quietly , though he immediately regretted it as the girl next to him tensed and sent him a quick look , hate burning behind her eyes. 

he took this as a sign to stop talking and tried to go back to focusing on the lesson, though he couldn't stop thinking of the sight of her that day. 

Athena however had tried as hard as she could to push the memory far from her mind, she spent the lesson uncomfortably fiddling , feeling Potters glances the whole lesson. She was lucky though , the teachers had been relatively sensitive to her case , knowing her friendship with Cedric had been close. She would go to her classrooms during the professors prep time to collect work , then spend the day doing her homework. Of course excluding Umbridge, she luckily hadn't seen the toad since the beginning of the week. 

She'd also scarcely seen her friends in the week, choosing to stay locked up in the slytherin common room, where she'd only occasionally come out for meals. they'd clearly heard of what happened from other people, as they always tried to comfort her, though it was the last thing Athena wanted. 

When potions ended Athena quickly grabbed her bag and made a dash to leave the classroom as fast as she could. But Harry caught up. 

"Hey Athena wait up

this made her furrow her eyebrows, and respond without thinking

"why'd you call me that" 

her voice was horse, from not talking all week , and the crying she might have done. 

"its your name

he responded easily 

"I know that why are you calling me it" 

she responded , growing more irritated with the boy as he followed her around, it was time for lunch so she couldn't really escape him , as they were going the same place. 

"well what else would I call you by?

the boy responded , a slight twinge of confusion in his voice 

she finally turned to face him, anger present on her face. 

"why the hell are you talking to me Potter,  we're not friends , and frankly I wouldn't like to be" 

she responded, irritation lacing her words

he quirked a brow at her response 

"and why's that

they were now standing inform of the great hall doors , which were open, and several students had started watching the interaction. 

"because if you hadn't picked up yet,  I don't like you Harry Potter " 

Athena started while entering the great hall and beginning to walk down the slytherin isle 

"I don't like anything about you, not one single thing. so please leave me alone, and stop talking to me." 

she spoke harshly , noticing the people watching the two. 

"you like Hermione

the boy said quietly 

"yeah and Hermione doesn't follow me around all day asking questions, she's also not a self entitled ass" 

Athena quipped , glaring at everyone watching the two argue, though it was really just Athena yelling at the boy. 

at this point Athena reached her normal spot at the table, which so happened to be close to Malfoys crew, who so happened to be listening in on their argument. 

"Oi Potter you best be going, Gryffindors table is over there"

Malfoy piped in.

Harry glanced between Draco and Athena , and almost looked like he was going to respond before realizing all the glares he was getting from the slytherins and realizing he was outnumbered. He sighed in defeat and retreated to the Gryffindor table , before plopping himself into the spot next to his two friends who had also watched the whole thing. 

Athena nodded to Draco as a small sign of thanks, to which he simply nodded back

Athena Malkin and Draco Malfoy were in no shape or form friends , hell they barely knew each other. They'd asked each other the occasional question, studied together once , but both knew this didn't mean anything. He was too obsessed with Potter for Athenas liking , and Draco found Athena weird , so Athena correctly assumed that he'd done what he did to chase potter away, not for her benefit. 

Athena was an odd slytherin , yes she fit the mold pretty well , she was cunning, sarcastic, some would say rude, she believed others could be used for advantages, Pureblood. But she didn't really care either, her blood status didn't mean much to her, and she had no care for the dark lord as most houses thought all slytherins did. 

She was odd, but she was pretty okay with that. 

but she wasn't okay with how damn persistent Harry Potter is . 

... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273 54 8
❝oh my, riddle, since when have you resorted to such... underhanded methods?❞ ❝since you came into my miserable little life, potter❞ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴄᴏʀʀᴜᴘᴛꜱ ᴍ...
308 32 14
A timeless rivalry, Y/n Y/l/n and Draco Malfoy sworn enemies, locked in an unmatched discord. Forced-to-be potion partners and years of ceaseless bi...
98.2K 2.3K 44
"Nothing can change the way I feel about you, do you not get this?" I raised my voice and the tears were starting to flow. Harry closed his eyes in f...
795 22 34
Arianna has just transferred to hogwarts school and doesn't know many people, that is until she befriends the golden trio and a couple of their frien...