The Luna's Last Choice

deehdoe द्वारा

Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father... अधिक

1. The Bluewood wolves
2. What the Wolves think
3. Is this what it feels like?
4. The definition of First Love
5. Her Alpha
6. Monster
7. Her farewell gift
8. May I sit here?
9. Knight in shining Armour
10. Bluewood
11. The Unexpected Welcome
12. The stranger's home
13. The other face of Daniel Wood.
14. The Lake
15. His Luna
16. Burn
17. What happened, you ask?
18. You only ever loved me.
19. Priorities & Questions
20. The Beta's Answers
21. The Elder's Tale
22. Set you free.
23. The mistress's claim.
24. The Perfect Night.
25. Bargains and Deals.
26. The Wood brothers.
27. All her pleasure and her pain.
28. The scent of the forbidden.
29. His claim.
30. Her Weakness
31. Payback
32. Flowers and Time-outs
33. A tale in White Roses
34. Confession of a liar.
36. A whole heart.
37. Worthy of the truth.
38. The Alpha's Countdown
39. Half a Victory.
40. Done with the worst?
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

35. The beginning of an end.

25.1K 1.1K 83
deehdoe द्वारा

"No to my extent" I rushed to explain "It wouldn't even be noticeable. I...I'm not as noticeable either, my mom is. I mean she's good at hiding it but you know I'm not...." I stopped when I realized I wasn't making any sense and Alex was staring at me with tensed jaws.

"Don't you dare bring my daughter in this" he gritted out emphasizing on 'my' "It's my helplessness that I can't do anything about her being with you now...." His gaze travelled to my bump.

"She is my daughter too" My tone rose a notch.

"She was until you made her watch her mother cheat on her father" he glared at me "I don't want to talk about that. I'll have my lawyer do the talking"

I took a deep breath and nodded "You are angry right now and aren't thinking straight. We will talk about it later"

"Later? When? When you have your lover for support" he barked out a sarcastic laugh "I was expecting another show you know. I'm surprised he isn't here at this moment."

He is. In this moment, he is standing at the edge of the forest near us, waiting for one wrong move from Alex. The tension in his body added with my own anxiety is driving me to the edge but I'm still thankful that he's considerate enough to give us the space.

"I was going to leave Bluewood" I said "The other day, he was here to tell me that I could leave. I was going to explain..."

"You need his permission to leave" he mocked and in that one moment I could see the vulnerable Alex. He masked it the next second.

"I know it'll be hard for you to understand but had I left without his permission, it would have been a chaos here" he rolled his eyes "He is the one who runs this town, his sanity is important for the people here. It could have destroyed the entire town. Or worse, he could have died" I whispered the last part mostly to myself shuddering at the thought of it.

"And you would have died with him?" the pain in his voice was back. He heard us that day.

"It's not what you think..."

"You never stopped loving him did you? He wasn't your first love, he is your only love"

I shook my head violently "I loved you, I still do" I choked "I don't know how to make you believe, if I could, I would have shown you my heart"

"Yet you will die with him"

"I will die for you without a second thought"

"For me" he muttered under his breath.

I frowned, what about that? I couldn't ask him what he meant by that so i remained silent. An uncomfortable silence followed.

"You ruined a decade of my life" his harsh words cut through the silence "I can't even complain can I? I got myself into this. It's not like I didn't know that I was the one at disadvantage in this relationship. I always knew there was a part of you that I could never have. But I thought that's how relationships are, it can't always be equal, one of us had to love the other a little more. I thought it was normal"

"I'll take any punishment you give" 

"Oh I will" he nodded bitterly "You don't have to ask for it. I'll make sure you feel every bit of what I'm feeling"

I smiled "I'll try not to complain"

"Where's the fun in that?" He raised a brow "I want to see the helplessness in your eyes as you beg"

"You can't see it now?" I asked looking at him in the eyes, baring my soul out for him to see.

He looked away "I don't trust what I see"

I nodded "I came to Bluewood was because I couldn't deliver her in a normal human hospital" I have to make him believe me, he isn't even ready to hear any part of my supernatural life, he's paying attention to it "My anatomy is a little different from an average pregnant woman"

"Are you kidding me? I thought we were done with your fairytale shit. Are you going to bite me to prove that next?"

"I can do that if that makes you believe me" I will do anything at this point to get my words across.

Before he could reply, the front door slammed open and a very flushed Dan stood there glaring holes at us.

"You will not taste his blood" he barked out like he thought I was already digging my fangs into Alex.

"Dan please don't get involved in this"

"He was here all along, wasn't he?" Alex glared at him and then turned to me with accusing eyes.

I had no answer to that "He couldn't help it" I tried "He is tied to me in a way that forces him to stay closes. He just wants to keep an eye"

"You think I'll harm you? You are my wife for god's sake" Alex yelled.

"That mistake will be corrected soon" Dan said folding his arms against his chest.

I glared at him.

"What did you say bastard?" Alex was in Dan's face in the next instant.

"I said we will fix that soon and make sure it's to everyone's advantage" he said sincerely "It's unfortunate that you had to suffer in this. I do empathize with you and wish you best for the future"

Alex gritted his jaws together and raised his fist towards Dan. Dan tilted his head and Alex missed the hit.

"This facility isn't available today buddy" Dan told a fuming Alex "My wolf's still mad at me for giving you the leverage the other day. You are lucky that my mate likes you so much" he nodded at me

I gasped. Dan just told Alex about his wolf.

But of course Alex paid no attention to that, he instead pulled Dan by his shirt and glared at him "Listen bastard" he hissed "I'll destroy you. I'll make sure by the end of it all, she's nowhere near you"

Dan's eyes flared and this time there was no mistake that Alex saw the change in his eyes. I rushed to him and pulled him away from Dan. I stood between them, my back to Dan as I watched Alex who was two steps away.

"What was that" He frowned.

"Dan leave" I said not looking away from Alex.

"No" he replied firmly "You handled things your way last time. It's my turn now. You want him to believe what you are, don't you? I'll make it easier for him to understand you"

"I don't need you to do that. Think about the pack" I hissed glancing at him. He was already pulling his t-shirt up. I looked back at Alex instantly "Stop it please. You don't know how he'll react"

"What the f*ck are you doing" Alex's nose flared in anger but there was wariness and curiosity in his angry gaze.

"I kind of don't have spare clothes here" Dan replied.

I closed my eyes when I heard the zipper, he really was doing it. Why couldn't he leave me alone? I understand he was afraid I would bond with Alex if I drank his blood. But this thing with Alex, I wanted it to be just us I didn't want Alex to feel like I didn't respect our relationship. If I'm going to see an end to my marriage, I wanted it to be an intimate thing. I wanted to have the liberty to bid a proper goodbye to the man I really do love, even if it's not to the extent I should.

I opened my eyes when I heard Dan shift. Alex's eyes were wide in shock. I took a deep breath and turned to face Dan's wolf.

My heart leapt despite the situation, he was magnificent like that. He wasn't looking at me though, his sharp gaze was fixed on Alex as he bared his teeth out with a growl.

Alex inhaled sharply and took a step back. I immediately put my hand on Dan's wolf, running my hand through the fur on his head "Don't hurt him" I said softly.

He tilted his head to look up at me. His gaze softened a little but was still guarded. He nudged me with his nose and forced me to take a step back. He then proceeded to take my place; turning his back to me he faced a wide eyed Alex.

"Monster" Alex muttered with a quiver in his voice as he took several steps back.

I shook my head "He's a shifter, a wolf shifter"

Alex's eyes snapped to me "What are you?"

"I told you, I'm a vampire. Although, I'm almost human, there's very little of vampire blood in me"

This time, he believed me. I saw his expression change as my words sank in. I waited for him to say something.

"What have you done to me?" he said at last.

"Nothing, I did nothing to you" I replied "I only wasn't brave enough to tell you what I am"

He didn't look like he believed me.

"My....my daughter" he was growing paler by the second. I wanted to help him but I knew he wouldn't let me "What's she...." He looked sick at the thought of her being like me.

"I know it's no excuse but you wouldn't notice much different in her" I said realizing how horrible my words sounded. I wronged him. I never paused to think that he probably would want a human child. I never gave him the option to choose. I did to Alex what my great-grandfather, who was a pure vampire, did to my great-grandmother. He raped her and then walked away never telling her what to expect. My grandfather hates him with every fiber in his body. Will my daughter hate me too?

"I need to get out of here" he said as he walked past me towards the door, making sure he was at an arm's length from us.

Dan was about to follow him but then he saw Ethan stopping Alex by the porch and relaxed.

I watched Alex helplessly as he argued with Ethan.

"I will do what I see fit" he was telling Ethan as he walked towards his car. Ethan probably asked him to keep Bluewood a secret.

"There are many ways to stop you, Alex" Ethan said calmly walking behind him, keeping his distance "But if you have to know, when you expose us, you expose your daughter too. I know it's a cruel thing to say but if we suffer, your daughter will suffer. You keep this to yourself and we will stay out of your way. We don't harm humans"

I closed my eyes and slumped down when Alex slammed his car's door on Ethan's face and drove away.

It's over.

My life is at Alex's mercy now. He knows he can destroy me, supernatural or not, he has the right to do to me what I did to him. I'll take all his punishment without a sigh, I had promised to myself a long time ago.

....and it's starting

I felt strong arms wrap around me. I stiffened. I'm not what he deserves. After decades of wait, he doesn't deserve to suffer with me. Yet his stubborn head wouldn't see sense. What can I possibly do to stop him from hurting? Nothing.

.....the beginning of my end.

__________________

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

14.5K 742 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...
1.6M 51.5K 41
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **Mature Content** Rylan Cooper was different from the other little boys and girl...
Her Alpha blehaaa द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

601K 18.7K 34
*COMPLETED* Rose Ivy Lawrence. She becomes an omega for something she didn't do, and faces two months of torture. Because of him. Alpha Playboy, Alph...
7.3K 327 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...