Bucky Barnes imagines

By dreamer__1999__

Just a bunch of stories about my favorite soldier named James Buchanan Barnes <3 More

Breathe (Bucky Barnes x Reader)
The Greatest Loss -- Part 1 (Bucky Barnes x Reader)
The Greatest Loss -- Part 2 (Bucky Barnes x Reader)
One Day
Surprise
Deserve Better
Our Little Secret
Morning Coffee
Secret Crush
Just Talk
Perfect
Careless
Back in Time
Angry
Our Little Secret Pt. 2
Our Little Secret Pt. 3
Only Time Will Tell
Moving On Part 1
Moving On Part 2
Requests!
Just One Dance
Until Later...
Goodbye Kiss ("Affection" Series)
Dying Kiss ("Affection" Series)
Comforting Kisses ("Affection" Series)
Breathless Kiss ("Affection" Series)
"I Thought I Lost You" Kiss ("Affection" Series)
A/N:
Until Later... (Part 2)
Together
Belong
Seven Years
Til Death Do Us Part
Rest and Heal
REQUESTS
Protect Her
Siberia
A/N: Hey y'all!
Grease (Drabble)
Burden
Chaos
Work of Art
Authors Note
Never Enough
This is Me
What Do I Deserve?
Challenged Accepted
Announcement
Announcement pt. 2
Breathe
A Little Note
Betrayal
Betrayal Pt. 2
Announcement!
For Once
last announcement, I swear
Break
Say You Won't Let Go
A/N: Time to Spill Some Tea
Losing Everything
A/N: Will this whole book just be Authors Notes?!?!
Somebody I Used to Know
Someone Like You
A/N... again... imsosorry
Day By Day
A/N: An Explanation
Shush
A/N: I feel like this is my ten billionth authors note and I'm so sorry
Thorns Among The Roses (Disney Series)
A/N: Hi Friends!
Not Your Concern
Small Author's Note/ Requests
Cold (Pt. 1)
Away (Part 1)
Lay All Your Love On Me
Big News
Come Back To Me
Cold, Part 2
Lovely
Cold, Part 3
Forever and Always
Family of Three, Part 1
Happy Ending, Part 1
Inked
Forgive Me
A/N: Quick Update
Forgive Me, Part 2
Me Before You
Update!
Update: I'm Still Alive lol
Proud
Forgive Me, Pt. 3

Roses

9.1K 207 120
By dreamer__1999__

A/N: Hey! A new imagine! This one took a day or so to write, so I hope it's some what decent. Enjoy!

"Y/N, please just talk to me." Bucky's voice pleaded to me as I walked down the hallway, but it fell on deaf ears. I was angry. No, I was beyond angry. I was furious. He had forgotten our one year anniversary, which I figured after I waited for over an hour dressed up in one of his favorite dresses at a fancy restaurant I had made reservations at a month ago.

I had no idea if people in the 30's recognized anniversary's in the way we do today, but I had hoped he'd have at least remembered the date. But he did not even say a single word about it, even now as I was storming down the hall away from him.

I'd let him figure that one out on his own.

I had simply ignored every word he said to me, and stormed off the moment he tried to touch me. If I was quite frank... I wasn't in the mood for any PDA. I made my way to the kitchen to fix myself a cup of hot chocolate, before I went to bed. As the cup spun around in the microwave, two arms wound around my waist, and I turned to shove him off.

"I don't understand what I did wrong." His voice was full of hurt, and I swallowed away the lump growing in my throat.

"Check the calendar." I sighed, as my hot chocolate finished it's final rotation in the microwave. "Maybe that will give you a clue." I heard him pull his phone out of his pocket and mumble a curse.

"Fuck."

"Language."

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." His voice was sincere, and his blue eyes were sparkling with sadness. "I didn't mean-"

"Where were you?" I interrupted, and looked at him as I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

"When?" Bucky looked confused.

"At six o'clock, when we were supposed to have dinner to celebrate our fucking anniversary." The venom in my voice caused Bucky to wince. He looked away before responding.

"I was with Steve and Sam having drinks." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "It... It was Sam's birthday."

I wasn't even that angry even more. I was hurt. I was hurt that my boyfriend would remember the birthday of his friend, who wasn't really his friend, but forget our anniversary. And I could tell that Bucky could sense my pain.

"Fine." I shrugged as I tried to hold back my tears, and put my half-full cup of hot chocolate back on the counter. "You know what? That's fine. Have fun celebrating Sam's birthday. I'm going to sleep."

"Y/N, please..." Bucky's voice was almost a whisper as he tried to catch my wrist, but I shrugged out of his grasp.

"I'll see you in the morning, James."I pulled out a medium sized package from my sweatshirt pocket, and put it in on the counter. On it, was a small note:

Happy anniversary, James.

Thank you for being the light of my life for one whole year.

Love,
Y/N

Without another word, I left the kitchen, walked back to my room, and slammed the door shut. And after that... I climbed in my bed and cried myself to sleep.

—-

Bucky's POV

I watched brokenly as my girlfriend quickly exited the room, her eyes watery with tears that I had caused. I had fucked up. Really fucked up.

I glanced down at the package she left behind. I read the note on top, and couldn't help the growing ache in my throat as I began to open the present. Inside, was a small picture frame, and inside of that was a picture of us from our first date.

We had started as friends first, and remained that way for about six months. By that point, we had discovered a lot about each other, and I think that's what made the first date a hell of a lot better than what it would've been if we had just started by dating. She loved the snow. She had lived in California for all of her life and hadn't experienced snow much in her childhood. But, when she moved to New York to work with the Avengers, she had grown to enjoy the white substance that fell from the sky. With that in mind, I decided that was how we would spend our first date. After an hour or so of making some rather deformed snowman and having a few snowball fights, I took her out to get hot chocolate. The rest was history...

And maybe this relationship was about to be history as well, because I had forgotten one simple date. Probably one of the most important days, if I'm being honest.

I ran my hands over my face, and let out a frustrated groan. The sound of feet entering the room caught my attention, but I didn't look up.

"Hey, pal. Happy anniversary, by the way! Did you just exchange gifts with Y/N?" Steve clapped my shoulder.

"No. She gave me a gift. I fucking forgot." My voice sounded distressed, and in all my years alive, 1930s soldier and post Winter Soldier, I had never felt as upset as I did now. I turned and looked at Steve. "She's so mad at me. I wouldn't be surprised if she broke up with me in the morning. "

"Yikes." Tony's voice entered the conversation, and I already felt my blood begin to boil as he inserted his own commentary. "I don't know how you'll recover from that one, Frosty."

"Not helping, Stark." Steve glared at him, before looking back at me. "I'll help you, Buck. "

"How?" I sighed, feeling hopeless.

"You know, I might have been frozen for seventy years, but I might have a few tricks up my sleeves." Steve smiled. "Come on, let's go win your girl back."
—-
THE NEXT DAY...
Y/N's POV
I woke up the next morning with tear streaks stained to my face. I groaned as I tried my hardest to wipe them away. As I was about to get out of bed, I noticed a rose laying on my nightstand. I picked it up, and noticed a small label attached to it.

Month 1: You taught me how much fun a person can have in the snow.

I let out a small laugh as I thought back to our first date. After a few moments, I stood and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I did that, I reached for my make up bag to put on at least a little make up on. But once I opened it, I found a second, smaller rose inside.

Month 2: You taught me how to love myself again, metal arm and all. And I hope I've shown you that you're beautiful just the way you are. So no make up today, doll.

"Oh Bucky." I chuckled softly, before taking the rose and leaving the bathroom. For the next hour and a half, I spent time walking around the Tower finding different roses in different places, each with their own note about a different month of our relationship.

And at last, I came down to second to last note.

On the end, it read: You'll find your last gift at your favorite little coffee shop in Downtown, where your very forgetful and sorry boyfriend is waiting for you.

I smiled before I put on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt before walking down to where I was instructed to go. Sitting at one of the little tables overlooking the traffic of New York city was my boyfriend of a year, who looked simply stunning. His hair was pulled back into a low bun, and black Aviator glasses were perched on the bridge of his nose. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a white t-shirt with a blazer on top.

"Wow. If I knew that you were here looking so handsome, I would've worn something better." I laugh, and his head turned to face me.

"You look stunning, no matter what you wear. Thanks for coming." Bucky stood up, and walked over to me to press a gentle kiss to my cheek. "I do have one more surprise for you, if you want to come and sit with me."

"Of course." I walk hand in hand with him back to the table, and took a seat across from him. He pulled out a small white box, with a red ribbon tied at the top.

"I'm beyond sorry for forgetting our anniversary." Bucky took off his glasses, and smiled as he hands me the box. "But... I promise that it won't happen again. I love you too much for that to happen."

"I forgive you. And to be honest... you did a great job with the flowers and everything. I really loved it." I giggled softly before I started to open the box. I let out a small gasp as I pull out a delicate silver bracelet. Attached to it, was a small charm. In closer examination, I discovered it was a rose.

"I think roses were my saving grace this year." He chuckled nervously and I let out a small laugh. "But I also think they're very beautiful, just like you. And even if there are small thorns in our relationship, like the stupid mistake I made yesterday, I don't ever want to let you go. Because I love you, Y/N."

"That's so sweet." I smiled, my eyes pooling slightly with tears.

"Why are you crying?" He frowned, and leaned over to wipe away a tear that was trailing down my cheek.

"Because this is one of the most sweetest things that anyone has ever said to me." I sniffle slightly, and give him a small smile. "I love it, Buck. I love you. Thank you."

"I love you too, Doll." He picked up the bracelet. "May I?"

"Yes." Bucky put the bracelet onto my left wrist, and after, he leaned in and kissed me gently.

"So... am I forgiven?"

"Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 7.9K 40
DISCLAIMER: i wrote these several years ago and i know they're bad so bare with me lol Just a compilation of imagines dedicated to our very favorite...
19.9K 561 9
An old friend calls you up and needs you for a mission. Little did you know, this mission wasn't just with Natasha. James Buchanan Barnes is on it to...
21.1K 735 8
You run into a mysterious stranger on the street while running late for work and spill coffee all over yourself in the process. Later, you find out t...
3.1K 76 11
This is Book 6 of the Frostbite Series, make sure you have read the previous five books before reading this! "My name is James Buchanan Barnes." "Co...