Just Talk

WARNINGS:

Fluff. Slightly annoying Natasha.

—-

YOUR POV

"Talk to him."

"No."

"Your relationship will go nowhere if you don't say anything to him." Natasha groaned, and I rolled my eyes before I glanced at her from my spot on the couch.

"There is no 'relationship', Natasha. He barely even looks my way, and we've talked three times at most."

"So that means he's shy! Come on, Y/N! Be the brave one, and talk first! Men find confidence sexy." She winked at me, and I groaned as I picked up the remote control. I began to flip through channels before I spoke again.

"Please! Sexy and me are in no way related." I let out a small snort. "Bucky can do way better. Wanda, Maria Hill... you!"

"Ew. No. Don't try to ship me with Barnes." She faked a gag, and I giggled. "But I ship you with him. Hard. And so does the rest of the team! So you need to man up and talk to him! Please!"

"I'm a woman, Nat. I can't man up."

A loud smack erupted from the living room and a small yelp followed.

"Hey!"

"Come on, Y/N!" Nat whined as I gently rubbed the slightly red skin of my arm. "It's not that hard. Just fucking talk to him!"

"Talk to who?" Steve asked, as he walked into the room. I turned my head, only to freeze as I watched Bucky follow in after him. HIs blue eyes met mine, and my cheeks burned red before I turned away to stare at the floor.

"No one." I say quickly and Natasha snickered next to me. I resist the urge to lean over and smack her on the back of the head.

"Alright." Steve replied with a shrug, but I could hear the curiosity in his voice. The two came to sit on the couch, and I watched as Steve sat in the spot next to Natasha. He winked at me before he sat, and I knew immediately that Natasha had told him about my little crush. I let out a small groan, before Bucky settled in next to me.

"You okay?" His slightly gruff voice startled me slightly, as I turned to look at him. I gulped slightly before responding.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I just... strained a muscle."

"Oh yeah? Which one? I'm sure someone could help and give a massage." Natasha grinned, and Steve stifled a laugh.

"Natasha! Shut. Up!"

"Oh? Does Y/N have a boyfriend?" Buck asked from beside me, and I glanced over at him through the corner of my eye as my face burned in embarrassment. His tone was light hearted and slightly amused, but I could see something different in his eyes. Was that... jealousy?

"No." I shake my head, before letting out a small sigh. "Just a crush."

"Tell me more. What's he like?" He asked, and I immediately wished I could burry myself into hole and disappear. Nat and Steve got up, and I turned my head to look at them.

"Where are you going?" I demanded, not moving from my spot next to Bucky.

"We have some stuff to do. You know, training and what not." Steve said as he began walking towards the door.

"But training was this mor-"

"Bye!" Nat interrupted before running out of the room with Steve. I sighed and shook my head as I watched the two idiots, who I loved dearly and called my friends, leave the room.

"That was weird." Bucky chuckled from beside me, and I smiled slightly as I turned so I was facing him.

"Yeah... talk about it." I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"So... tell me about this guy you were talking about." He pressed, as he looked at me.

"You are very insistent." I chuckled half heartedly as I looked down at my hands.

"I just wanna know more about my friend's love life." Bucky laughed, and my heart dropped as he said the dreaded word. Friend. Great.

"He's... He's someone who I've just started to get to know." I shrug before I looked up at him. "He's very kind, and funny, and more intriguing than he thinks he is."

"Oh? What's his name?"

"Can't tell you that." I laughed nervously, before standing up off the couch. "I'll see you later."

As I turned to leave the room, a cold hand gripped my wrist gently, and I turned to look back at Bucky.

"Wait. I didn't get to tell you about my crush." He smiled, and I felt my heart began to break even more at his words. Goddamn it, Y/N. It's just a crush. It's not that big of a deal.

"Oh, right." I smiled before sitting down again, hoping it'd be quick so I could go and nurse my hurt away with ice cream and Netflix back in my room.

"Well... she's gorgeous. She has these Y/E/C eyes that just sparkle with excitement and happiness whenever I'm around her. Her hair is fucking gorgeous. Y/H/C, and it looks so so soft. And her laugh... it's absolutely breath taking. "

"Well... I hope you get her while you can." I gave a small smile, as I avoid eye contact and get to my feet. "I'll see you later, Buck."

I start to walk towards the door to go to the kitchen, when his metal hand wrapped around my wrist again to stop me again. I sighed as I turned to look at him again. "Buck-"

A pair of soft lips brushed against mine, and I gasped softly as he kissed me. I felt myself start to kiss him back, and I felt him smile against my lips as I did. A few moments later, he pulled away for air, and my cheeks turned pink as our eyes locked with each others.

"I think I got her in time." Bucky winked, and I giggled. "But tell me if you think I'm wrong."

"You did." I smiled as I looked up at him.

"How does dinner and a movie sound? My treat."

"Such a gentleman." I grinned, and he leaned in to kiss my cheek gently before pulling away and taking my hand in his. We started to walk out of the living room towards the hall way leading towards the bedrooms.

"Just like my mamma raised me." We slowed as we approached my room, and I unlocked and opened my door before I turned to face him. "Pick you up at 7?"

"7 it is."I winked playfully and he let out a small groan.

"Don't do that. It makes me want to kiss you again."

"I'm always open to that." I smiled playfully and he grinned before moving in to kiss me again. Just before his lips connected with mine, I moved my head so his lips brush against my cheek. "Well, it's been a great afternoon, Mr. Barnes. I'll see you at 7 tonight. See you then!" I stepped into my room, and started to shut my door.

"Wait-" The door shut before he could finish and I giggled as I heard him groan. "Alright, doll, I'll see you then."

"Perfect." I smiled, before I walked to my closet, and began to search for the perfect outfit for my date this evening. One day, I'd have to thank Natasha for this.