What Do I Deserve?

A/N: I find that writing is my safe place... I can release whatever I emotions or feelings that I have inside of me into what I write. So... that's what I will be doing. It will be a Y/N / reader piece, but it's based on similar things that I've had to go through recently. If you made it this far and didn't skip to the actual story, thanks for reading this part. :) Enjoy.

WARNINGS; Unhealthy relationships (also an FYI: names mentioned are made up, not real people)

---

Growing up, I was constantly reassured that I would find the love of my life and get married. I would have the perfect wedding with a beautiful white dress and with the most handsome man that would sweep me off my feet by just simply smiling.

And that was what I wanted.

Sure, I was aware that I didn't have to have that life style to be happy, but it was something I honestly wanted for myself. I found my happiness in being with others, and I felt that I'd find it most in finding a man to spend the rest of my life with.

The years past, and now here I was, (Y/A) and single as ever. Every visit with family members had a varied form of the question "When are you going to get a boyfriend?" and it hurt every time.

So... after a few months of hesitation, I decided to try online dating. Would my parents approve? Absolutely not. But it wasn't really about their happiness. It was about mine.

I decided not to tell anyone on the team for awhile, because I really did not need Steve Roger's disapproving shake of his head, or any speech that followed along the lines of "You just need to wait for the right man". And I was 99% sure that the rest of them would just laugh at me.

So one day, while the rest of them were out getting pizza, I decided to download Tinder and give it a shot. I was laying on the couch in the living room as I began to fill out my profile. "Fuck, I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Doing what?"

I nearly jumped off the couch at the voice behind me, and I spun around to see Bucky standing there, a mischievous smile on his face. "Don't do that! You scared the living shit out of me!!"

"Sorry, sorry!" He raised his hands in surrender, before walking around to sit next to me on the couch. "But really... what are you planning to do?"

"Nothing." I blush and quickly try to tuck my phone in my pocket. But in a matter of seconds, the device was snatched from my hand and into his possession. "No! Give it back!"

"I wanna see what you're doing!" He chuckled and stood up, purposefully turning away so I couldn't take my phone from him. "Oh... wow. Online dating?

"Give it back!" My annoyance quickly turned into humiliation, tears starting to pool in my eyes. "It's none of your damn business!"

Bucky turned and I quickly pulled my phone from his hand, locking the screen quickly. I started to storm by him to my room as the tears burned in my eyes, but a cool metal hand touched my wrist gently. I turned to face him, and his eyes were soft.

No amusement, no bitterness, no judgement.

"Why are you so upset?" He asked softly, and gently pulled me closer to him. "It's your life."

"I'm embarrassed... I'm embarrassed that I'm (Y/A) years old and I still haven't found my match." A tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. "I know that everyone thinks its stupid but... I don't know."

"It's not stupid." Bucky shakes his head and tilts my chin up to look at him. There was a glimmer of something in his eyes but I couldn't place what it was. "I just want you to be careful... there are a lot of bad men out there, and you are beyond perfect. They might want to take advantage of you."