The Greatest Loss -- Part 2 (Bucky Barnes x Reader)

Bucky's POV
The first shots were fired by Clint, as his arrows struck the chests of the guards inside the building.

"We'll split up." Steve said. "I'll go with Bucky, Nat with Clint, and Tony with Wanda. Speak into the coms, if you have any traces of where Y/N is. Understand?" Everyone nodded, and quickly everyone dispersed. I walked quietly down the dark hall, my gun held in my hand.

"I hate this place." I mumbled.

"Do you remember it at all?" Steve asked hesitantly, wondering if it would hit a nerve. It didn't.

"I could never forget it. Too many bad memories here."
A few hundred more feet of walking, and a loud crash caught our attention. "Go that way!"

We ran a few halls over, and peeked through a window. There she was. My Y/N, sitting tied up in a chair, still beautiful to me. But she was defeated. Her face was covered in blood and bruises, and one of her arms was twisted in a painful position. Her clothes were stained in her blood, and I was sure there were other injuries that lay hidden from our view. My fists instantly began to clench, and I immediately feel the urge to go in immediately. But Steve grabbed my arm.

"We need to wait." He said calmly. "We can't take them alone."

"I sure as hell can." I growled.

"Back up is almost here. Wait a few more minutes."

"She doesn't have fucking minutes! She looks like she's going to pass out!" I looked out the window to see a male Agent slam his fist into stomach. I could hear her cries echoing through the walls, and I shake my head. "That's it."

Ignoring the protests from Steve, I kicked down the door and entered the room. Voices began to shout in warning, and gun shots began to go off. I blocked them easily with my metal arm, and began to fire at the agents and other people in the room. The doctors scurried out of the room with their heads covered, and soon it was just Y/N, myself, a doctor, and one agent who was twice my size.

"You will have to get through him before you can get to her." The doctor sneered, as the Agent moved forward.

"Easily." I growled. My eyes flickered over to Y/N. Her eyes were locked on me, and I could see the exhaustion, pain, and slight glimmer of hope that sparkled in them. But I could also see her fear. And I knew she could sense mine. The larger agent swung his fist at my head and I quickly ducked out of the way, tossing my used up guns onto the floor. I drew my knives from my belt and quickly swiped at his exposed abdomen. The blade made purchase with his chest, and a stream of scarlet began to soak his shirt. He growled, and tried again. I moved to dodge his attack, but I wasn't fast enough. His hand grabbed my flesh arm and twisted it hard, causing me to groan in pain and let go of my knives. They clanked to the floor, and I gritted my teeth as I tried to fight back.

"You missed HYDRA so much you had to come back, didn't you?" The doctor laughed..

"I'm not here for anyone, but her." I growled, before sliding a smaller, third knife from my belt with my left hand and stabbing it into the agent's neck. His grip on my arm loosened and his body collapsed onto the floor. I began to approach the doctor, who was the only person who stood in between Y/N and I. He pulled out a gun from his jacket, and aimed it at Y/N's temple. She let out a small whimper. I froze.

"Shut up." His eyes flickered to mine. "If you make another move, I will end her life."

"Y-You need to go, James." Y/N croaked. Her eyes were watering as she continued to speak. "Now."

"No." I didn't break eye contact with the man holding the gun to her head.

"You should listen to her." The doctor nudged the gun against her temple and she closed her eyes. "She is actually quite intelligent, for someone from SHIELD. Maybe she could be an asset for HYDRA, once her memory is wiped."