Breathe

A/N: Well... I feel like a total idiot. I will once again apologize for a lack of updates, but if I'm completely honest... college is kicking my butt rn. I'm on my last day of finals and it's like... where the hell did the semester go? Anyway, after that, I will have six weeks off, no classes and no commitments, and I will be updating more often then, believe me. :) I will give you guys this imagine for now, and then hopefully come up with some bigger ones during my break. Thanks for bearing with me!

Also, disclaimer: Just like all of y'all, I don't know what happens to Bucky after Infinity War, so I'm just kinda guessing. XD

enjoy!

-M

---

Breathe.

The air was slowly slipping away, as her vision began to grow darker around the edges. Her ears were ringing, and she struggled to hold her head up as she watched the large figure advance towards her.

Breathe.

Short little breaths of air escaped her lips as she pushed herself backwards, away from the chaos. Sharp bolts of pain struck her elbows as they scraped on the hard floor in her attempts to escape. Several bullets had pierced her side, and blood was steadily seeping out onto the floor.

Breathe.

She had to remind herself to do so, because it was no longer a priority for her. All around her, her friends were fighting to the bitter end, taking on who or whatever stood in the way of defeating Thanos. All Y/N wanted to do was take down this man, who had taken her boyfriend away from her forever in a matter of seconds... in a snap of his fingers.

Breathe.

A large hand grasped her ankle, and yanked her forward. Her lips parted in response but whatever words wanted to leave her mouth were silenced as the hand moved to grasp her throat tightly. She coughed as her nearly broken body was raised from the ground and her eyes met the gaze of Thanos.

"So... this the infamous Y/N Y/L/N." A humorless chuckle passed his lips. "If only I had control over who could've disappeared when I snapped my fingers."

"E-Even if I wasn't here..." Her eyes narrowed as she glared down at him. "Someone would've lead these people to stop you."

"Mm... maybe. But none of them have the fire that you do." Thanos' hand tightened around her neck and a gasp escaped her lips. "You lost someone close to you... not a friend, but a lover. You'd stop at nothing to get your revenge, a life for a life."

Tears pricked at Y/N's eyes, not from the pain but the memories. The only thing she could think about anymore was Bucky, and how she had watched him disintegrate into a million pieces in front of her very eyes. The confusion in his eyes, and horror that ran through her body... she did not want to relive it again. But here she was doing it, all thanks to this monster.

"Bucky, was it?" Y/N's back was slammed into a wall, and she winced slightly at the pain. "At least, that's what I had heard. The metal arm freak of wonder."

"Shut up." She spluttered as his grip slightly tightened at her words.

"If you couldn't save him then, what makes you think that you can save the rest of the world now?" A booming thunderous laugh filled Y/N's ears and she flinched slightly.

Before she could respond, something heavy hit Thanos in the side, and his grip on her throat released. Y/N collapsed on the ground, her heartbeat thundering in her ears, and her vision speckled with black dots.

Breathe

Y/N's ears were ringing, and her world was spinning. She tried to make sense of all of the movement in front of me, but she could not.

"Y/N." a soft familiar voice whispered her my ear. Y/N jumped slightly, and glanced to her right, her heart shattering as she saw what could only be the soft, handsome face of her Bucky.

"You aren't here." She whimpered softly. "This isn't real."

"You don't have to hold on anymore, doll." Bucky murmured quietly, his hand moving to cup my face. "You lost a lot of blood."

"I can't... not until I kill him for taking you away from me." A soft sob escaped her lips, and she tried her best to hide her tears. "That monster took my world away from me."

"I know." Bucky leaned forward and rested his forehead against Y/N's "And he took mine from me. But this isn't our fight anymore, doll. Steve and the others... they'll save the world. All I ever wanted was to keep you safe, and I didn't do a good job."

"Bucky..." She whispered softly.

"Let go, Y/N/N..." Bucky looked Y/N in the eyes, and all she could feel in that moment was love. "Come with me, and we'll be safe."

"Okay." she whispered, and leaned against his shoulder as she felt herself slowly start to slip away. The figures moving in front of her turned into blurs, the sounds around her became muffled, and everything became disoriented. But the one thing that didn't change was the comforting voice of Bucky at her side, and for once, Y/N knew that everything would be okay.

And so... for the finally time... she breathed... and let herself drift away.

---