Our Little Secret Pt. 3

A/N: Oh God... it's here. The final part. I hoped you enjoyed this. I always welcome any requests or ideas, so please feel free to message them to me. I've been trying to balance my angst imagines with my fluff ones, but depending on what ideas come to mind when I'll write, we'll see if that stays the same. By the way... I kinda changed the ending from how I originally was going to do it, so if it seems kind of choppy, I apologize! Anyway... enjoy! 

Y/N's POV

I sobbed as he choked out those final two words. His eyes closed, and his head bowed, and I knelt with him still in my arms, unsure of what would happen.

I took a shaky breath as I heard Renolds snap shut the red notebook, and take a breath before speaking in Russian. "добродушный солдат (good morning, soldier)"

Bucky's eyes flew open and I stumbled back a few feet as they trained on me before responding. "готовы соблюдать (ready to comply)"

He had taught me a brief vocabulary of Russian over the years we had been together, and this was something I understood. I shook my head slowly, realizing that my husband was gone and all that was left was the Winter Soldier.

"Distractions will weaken you, and that's the last thing we want for you." I turned to see Renolds standing behind the protection of safety glass, with a smug smile on his face as he stared down at me. "Distractions will destroy your true purpose, and your purpose is to destroy any of the things that stand in the way of our goal for the greater good. Your first mission... is to destroy your distraction, which is that girl in front of you. "

"Buck..." I whispered, as his eyes flashed to me again, narrowing slightly as he stood up. "It's me... it's your wife, the mother of your children, the one you love. Please tell me you're still in there, somewhere. You promised me you'd try to fight it. Please."

He walked up to me, standing in front of where I sat numbly, staring up at him. It was silent for a moment before he grabbed me by the front of my shirt, pulled me up, and stared at me silently for a few moments. Then his metal fist connected with my jaw, and I collapsed on the ground, coughing until speaks of blood dotted the white concrete floor as my ears began to ring.

"There you go!" A loud voice that could only belong to Renolds emerged through my wavering hearing as I looked up again to see the Winter Soldier standing above me. I shook my head slightly, moving past the pain, onto my goal to survive this. I quickly swept my leg out and knocked him off his feet. He landed on the ground with a grunt as I scrambled onto my own feet, and moved away, preparing myself for what was to come. The soldier glared at me as he climbed to his feet.

"You might as well give in now." His voice was deeper, and had an edge that I had never heard before. "I always succeed."

"Always?" I laughed emotionlessly, as we both began to pace around each other in the room. "I don't believe it."

"We'll see if I'm lying right after I kill you." The Winter Soldier growled, and the lump in my throat grew larger as I saw the gears in his left arm shift as he cracked his knuckles.

The odds of me making it out of this alive were slim. Very slim. We both knew that. But for once in my life, death wasn't what terrified me the most. The lives that Bucky, Rebecca, and James would be forced to live after I was gone were what shook me to the core. Bucky wouldn't ever come back: HYDRA wouldn't allow it. His body would only become the Winter Soldier. Everything else (the kindness, the gentleness, the love) would disappear forever. He would forever be property of HYDRA.

And my children would grow up to become manipulated agents for the organization that separated them from their own mother and father. The organization that destroyed the perfect lives that they should have had.