Back in Time

A/N: Be warned: this is pretty darn sad. But, the more I was writing it, the more it flowed from me naturally. Enjoy. And please bear with me with the 40s slang... I did some research, but, being a gal who's living in the 21st century now, I don't use the words commonly.

WARNINGS: Sad Bucky, sad themes, flashback, some 40s slang that I will define in (...).

Bucky's POV

I thought it would all come back to me in bits and pieces.

It did, for some parts. I still didn't remember much, besides my connection with Steve and a few things about my family. Being around Steve during certain moments in a day triggered memories that were hidden far back in my mind.

An example would be last week, when we went out to a bar to give our minds a break from a certain case we were working on with the other Avengers. It was just the two of us, sitting side by side drinking glasses of whatever Steve had suggested that we tried.

But the moment the liquid hit my tongue, and the light of the setting sun sparkled on the glass that I was drinking from, my mind immediately transported back in time, back to my old life, before everything I knew and was changed completely...

"Alright, enough chatter. I say it's time for Barnes to get up and take his shot with one of the dames." One of my friends laughed as he took a shot of whisky at the bar from next to me.

"I don't know, Tyler." I smirked, as I surveyed the groups of dames that were in the room. "Haven't seen anyone that special yet."

"Well, I'll tell you what." He gave me a grin as the bartender filled up his glass again. "My lady is bringing a few of her friends in tonight. Just you wait and see."

"That's what you say every Thursday night." I roll my eyes as I took a sip from my drink and the music played in the background. I watched for the next hour as people spilled in and out of the bar, making their way onto the dance floor and moving to the rhythm of the music. I kept a tight smile as a few women looked my way, none of them catching my eye for long.

I guess tonight wasn't the night. I wasn't that surprised.

As I stood up to go home, leaving some lettuce (paper money) on the counter as a tip for the bartender, a body connected with mine, and I stumbled back a few steps.

"Oh goodness! I'm sorry!" A light hand touched my shoulder, and my eyes landed on a girl standing in front of me. My heart jumped slightly in my chest as I looked sat her.

Her soft Y/H/C hair was in neat curls that cascaded down her back. Her lips were painted a ruby red, which matched with her knee length dress and heels. To say the least... she was gorgeous. A stand out compared to everyone else in the room. Hell... maybe even every dame I had ever seen.

"No problem." I gave a small smile, and she blushed. Damn. That made her even more beautiful. The music changed, and her eyes lit up with excitement.

"I'm sorry, I just love this song." She giggled, as she looked at me. "Used to dance to it with my daddy when I was young. What's your name?"

"James. James Barnes." I took her hand in mine and kissed it softly, watching her blush deepen on her already rosey cheeks. "And you are?"

"Y/N Y/L/N." She gave me a soft smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"Are you here with any friends?" I asked, as I let go of her hand.

"No. I love to listen to music, so I come here at least once a week, usually Fridays. But I finished my work for today early, so I decided to come today as well." Y/N replied, as she surveyed the crowd.

Bucky Barnes imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें