Deserve Better

A/N: Okay! Before you read... I want to let you know that I do not condone ANY abuse for ANY reason. If this is something that triggers you, PLEASE do not read.

WARNINGS: abusive relationship, verbal abuse, slight physical abuse, angst.

I tried to ignore the growing lump in my throat as I walked away from my apartment, my body numb and my heart broken. Tears pricked in my eyes but I willed them away as I kept walking down the street.

Only ten minutes previously, I had been happy. I had been waiting in my apartment for my boyfriend Tyler to come home to celebrate his birthday. But as soon as he walked in, everything immediately began to go downhill.

"Is that you, love?" I asked from my spot on the couch, as I heard the door slam shut harshly. I turned my head and watched his six foot frame walk into the room.

"No. It's Harry Styles." He muttered sarcastically, and I remained silent. "Of course it's me, who else would it be?"

"I'm just clarifying, Tyler." I sighed, as I looked down at my phone.

"What? Is your phone more important than your boyfriend's birthday?" Irritation began to become evident in his tone, and I began to tense as I put my phone down and looked back at him.

"No. I've just been waiting here for the past hour and a half for you to get home to celebrate your birthday. "

"I had work!" His voice began to raise as he stepped closer to me, and I gulped as I felt myself slowly starts to get scared. "Do you want food on the table or me to report to you whenever you fucking ask me to?!"

"Stop." I whispered, as I look up at him.

"Don't tell me to stop!" Tyler yelled, and I flinched as his hand slammed down onto the little table next to the couch. "Which do you prefer?"

"Tyler... please just stop. I just want to celebrate your birthday with you, okay?"

"Well... you already ruined that, just like you ruin everything else." He sneered.

"I can't do this." I stood up, and started to walk away. His hand gripped onto my wrist tightly, and pulled me back towards him.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Tyler demanded, his eyes ablaze with anger, and I whimpered softly as his grip tightened. "Going out to go cheat on me with that metal armed freak? Brett?"

"HIs name is Bucky, and you know I wouldn't cheat on you." I reply softly, as I try to pull away my hand from his grip. He didn't budge. "Tyler, let me go."

"I'm not a fucking idiot, Y/N!" His face moved closer to mine, and I held my breath. "I know you're sneaking around when I'm gone. "

"Tyler..." I whimpered, as the pressure increased on my wrist.

"Fine." He scoffed and let go of my wrist. "Get out of this apartment. I don't fucking need you, and I don't fucking love you! Just go!"

My heat hurt almost as much as my wrist, but I dare didn't say another word as I put on my shoes, grabbed my purse, and ran out of the apartment as fast as I could move.

The sky was beginning to darken, and the clouds above started to open up and release it's own set of tears, raining down heavily on me. "Great." I mumbled, and pulled my light jacket tighter around me as I continued to walk.. "Just what I need."

My phone rang in my pocket, and I pulled it out to check the caller ID. I sighed before picking up and putting my phone up against my ear. "Hello?"