Seven Years

A/N: What? She's updating? I know, I've been lacking in updates recently, but hey, I'm in college. College means homework, and homework means studying, and s;ldkjfa;slkdjf;. But hey, here's the good news: I've figured out my updating schedule. I will update at least once on the weekends guaranteed. On Tuesdays, I have one class, so I might be able to squeeze in another update then. But, it'll all depend. Anyway, hope you enjoy this imagine. It's inspired by 7 Years by Lukas Graham.

---

Once I was seven years old... my momma told me

Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely.

Kids ran past me in multiple direction, already friends in the first five minutes that school had been in session. I, however, was standing in the shaded area of benches, my grip tight on my lunch pale in my hands. This was all new. I was terrified.

A hand touched my shoulder and I jumped slightly as I turned to see a friendly boy standing behind me. A smile lit up his face, and his brown hair was cut short. "Why are you all be yourself?"

"I don't know anyone." I shrugged after a moment of hesitation. "They all have their friends."

"It doesn't mean you can't be friends with them." He let out a small laugh. "We all just got here."

"I don't know... " My grip tightened slightly around the handle of my lunchbox. "It's hard for me to make new friends."

"Well... you have me." His blue eyes twinkled. "My name's James, but you can call me Bucky if you want."

"Why 'Bucky'?" I let out a small giggle, and his smile grew on his face at the sound.

"My middle name is Buchanan. My friend Steve thought it worked, so I've stuck with it."

"I like it. Bucky..." I nod, before responding with my own name. "I'm Y/N Y/L/N."

"No nicknames?"

"Just Y/N for me."

"Well, Just Y/N... I think we're gonna be best friends." He smiled before tapping my shoulder and running the opposite direction. "But you're it!"

I laughed and put my lunch box down before chasing after him. Now... I was one of those kids.

****

Once I was twenty years old, my story got told.

Before the morning sun, when life was lonely

"Happy Birthday to You!"

I laughed as Bucky and Steve finished singing, slightly off key, the tune of 'Happy Birthday'. I leaned in and blew out the candles on the cake. "Thanks for that, boys."

"We could not forget our favorite girls birthday." Steve smiled as he started to cut the small cake into slices. "Especially her twenty fourth birthday."

"Stop it. I feel old." I smacked him playfully on the arm. "I pretend that last year was my 20th. It makes me feel younger."

"You're not that old, doll." Bucky chuckled, as he sat down next to me at the table. "At least you're younger than me."

"True." I smiled before leaning in and kissing him softly on the lips. The sound of gagging from Steve forced me to pull away and laugh. "Come on, Stevie, it's my birthday."

"Save it for after I leave. Good lord!"

"Eat your damn cake, Rogers." Bucky chuckled as he wrapped his arm around me to pull my chair closer to his and began to eat his cake.