Poetic Justice

By chaymaraj

An Omeeka Story More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Four.
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six.
Twenty-Seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-One.
Thirty-Two.
Thirty-Three.
Thirty-Four.
Thirty-Five.
Thirty-Six.
Thirty-Seven.
Thirty-Eight.
Thirty-Nine.

Fourty.

3.5K 172 329
By chaymaraj

Houston, Texas
| One Month Later |

Nicki looked at herself in the mirror as she ate her chips and sighed. Shaking her head, she put the chips down and called Candi.

"Helloooo," Candi answered.

"Hey, boo. Are you doing anything today?"

Nicki threw the chips away and walked up the stairs to the hall bathroom.

"No. I'm not doing anything. Why, what's up?"

"I need you to go to the pharmacy and buy something for me," Nicki told her.

Candi laughed a little. "Like what? I'm not your servant."

"I know you're not. I'll text you what I need you to get me," Nicki told her. "I'll come pick it up later."

They hung up and Nicki brushed her teeth. Going to Caiah's room, she saw him all ready to go. Going into her room, she looked at herself once more.

Lately, she found herself wearing all black for obvious reasons. She had on black leggings with large black jacket, black Nikes and a black hat with her curly ponytail sticking out of the back.

"Caiah, let's go!" She said.

"Okay," he said.

They left and Nicki drove off, going to Steak N' Shake. They got out and Caiah smiled.

"I love this place, Nika."

"I know, that's why I brought you here," she smiled.

They went inside and were instantly seated in a booth. Looking over the menu, Nicki sighed.

"Are you okay?" Caiah asked.

"I'm fine, babe. What are you getting?"

He looked over the menu. "A steak burger and an oreo milkshake."

"Okay. I'll get the same thing."

The waiter came and took their orders. Their food and milkshakes came soon after. They ate silently and Nicki sighed, shaking her head.

"I can't eat this."

"Why?" Caiah asked.

Nicki sighed. "It's disgusting."

He frowned. "You always eat that, though."

Nicki sighed and pushed her plate up. She laid her head against the wall and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Caiah asked.

Nicki looked at him and nodded. "Yes, I just don't feel too good. I have an upset stomach."

Soon, Caiah finished his food and Nicki paid. They left, heading to the hospital to see Carol.

--
Los Angeles, California

"Oh god," Meek chuckled, dribbling the ball.

He shot the ball, making it.

"That was amazing!" His cousin's best friend said.

He chuckled and winked at her. He continued playing ball with his cousins before calling time and jogging over to the bench, drinking his water. Sitting down, he scrolled through his Instagram and posted an old picture.

"Hey... is it Meek?" He heard.

He looked up, seeing his cousin's best friend. He chuckled a little. Her face quickly turned red out of embarrassment.

"Sorry, I'm not really good with names," she told him.

"Nah, you good. Yeah, it's Meek, wassup?"

She sat beside him on the bench. She sat a little far away, playing with her necklace.

"Um... not to be like.. weird or anything, but d-do you have a girlfriend?" She asked.

"You like me?" He chuckled.

She looked at him with wide eyes. He chuckled even more.

"Calm down," he told her. "Let me see your phone."

She gave her phone to him and he put his number in. Handing it back to her, he winked and stood up, walking back on the court. He started playing basketball again before they all decided to stop and go get something to eat.

"Aye, I'll meet y'all there. I'm about to head home and take a quick shower," Meek said.

They all nodded and Meek left. Going home, he took a quick shower and changed his clothes. Leaving again, he drove off to the restaurant and arrived just as everyone else did. They all had on different clothes.

Being seated, they all went to their table and Meek sat back. One of his cousins was about to sit beside him but his shook his head.

"Nah. I want Brooke to come sit by me," he said loudly.

Brooke, the girl that was talking to him earlier, looked up. He smirked a little and waved her over. She got up and came over, sitting beside him. Once everyone got situated and ordered their food, Meek looked over at Brooke.

"Tell me about yourself."

"Well.. I don't want you to think I'm weird," she said quietly.

He sighed a little. "No such thing as weird."

"Well, I like comic books and video games. I actually work at GameStop so I get free or discounted games and I have a YouTube chandelier where I play the games," she said.

"Word?" He smiled.

She nodded. "Yes. Do you like to play video games?"

"When I have time, yeah. I'm more of a poetry kind of dude. In my free time, I read a lot of poetry for motivation and shit. Plus, I'm a ball player. I'm on the Lakers."

"Wow, really? That's so cool."

He chuckled. "You into sports?"

"Not really, but I sometimes play Madden or 2k. Does that count?" She asked with a small smile.

Meek chuckled again, looking at her. "You cute."

"Thank you," she said, blushing.

Meek nodded, licking his lips.

Meek wasn't sure how he would go about Brooke. Since the whole incident with Nicki, he was hurt badly and put a guard up. He didn't want to let anyone in and his trust wasn't easy to come by. Brooke seemed pretty innocent, though.

"You said you like poetry. I think that's really cool. Are there any specific kind of poems you like?" Brooke asked him.

"Nah. I just read them all. Don't really got a preference. You like poetry?"

Her face turned red a little. "N-Not really. I just.. I don't read poetry. Only novels. Fictional stories and stuff. I'm a nerd, I know."

Meek chuckled. "A nerd, huh? Nah, I like that. You got ya own style. That's dope."

She gave him a small smile. Soon, their food came and they all started eating. The whole group laughed and joked around. After dinner, everyone paid and then walked outside. Meek looked around, licking his lips.

"Brooke," he said.

She looked over at him. "Huh?"

"I'm about to go, but hit my line later on and we can finish talking."

"Okay," she smiled. "Bye, Meek."

--
Houston, Texas

"It's not looking too good for her. As you know, the cancer is spreading faster than it was last time. Her hair is falling out and she's getting thin. The chemotherapy isn't working well enough. She's already at Stage 4 and we're giving her about less than a month," the doctor told Nicki.

Nicki nodded, wiping her eyes.

"I understand. I can pay all of the hospital bills and everything," she said.

The doctor nodded and discussed her mother's condition before Nicki decided to leave. She grabbed Caiah's hand and led him out. She refused to let him see their mother like that. When they got home, Nicki closed the door and sighed.

"Caiah," she said.

"Hm?"

Nicki sat beside him on the couch.

"There are a lot of things happening right now amd um.. you know, Mommy isn't going to be around much longer," she said tearing up.

He nodded, sadly. "Yes, I know. Don't cry, though."

"Well, that means I have to take care of you, but some people are trying to take you away from me, Caiah. I have to go to court and win custody over you. I'm so sorry," she said, crying now.

She hugged him and sniffed as he rubbed her back.

"It's not your fault," he whispered.

She cried harder and then pulled away, wiping her eyes. She sighed a little and crossed her legs.

"I'm so stressed out about all of this. I'm sorry that you had to be put in this position, Cai. I'm so sorry. I'm going to get custody and we're going to move somewhere far away, okay?"

He nodded and hugged her.

"I love you," she said, kissing his forehead.

--
Los Angeles, California

"You funny," Meek laughed, on FaceTime with Brooke.

They had quickly become the best of friends and we're currently playing Call of Duty together.

"Do you see this!? Do you see this!?" Brooke laughed.

"Niggas sneaky," Meek said.

They both laughed and continued before pausing the game for a snack break.

"What you getting?" Meek asked.

"Um, cucumbers and waters. I like to stay healthy."

He chuckled. "I know you taste good."

"Oh?" She said, looking at him, surprised.

"My bad. I didn't mean to say that out loud," he told her, grabbing a bottle of gatorade.

She laughed a little. "It's okay."

Meek went back to the TV, sitting down.

"My body sore as shit. I be in the gym all the time."

"I kind of figured that. You look fit. I stay in the gym, too, but I mostly work on my lower body."

He nodded. "I gotta even my shit out."

"I don't really have much to even out. I'm really skinny, but I'm working on it."

"How old are you?"

Brooke cleared her throat a little.

"I just turned 18 a few days ago. How old are you?"

"Oh you young. I'm turning 19 next month."

Brooke laughed. "Well, what kind of games do you like? I'll buy you some for your birthday," she said.

"Word? Aight, um, I like different shit. It don't matter, just get me something good. I'll still play it," he told her.

"Okay, I have a few games in mind, but I'll surprise you," she smiled.

--
Houston, Texas

Nicki paced around her bathroom, praying silently. After a few minutes, she went over to the sink and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Okay, okay. Stop thinking the worse. Everything is going to be fine," she told herself.

She took a deep breath and looked down. Her heart dropped and she started crying.

Laying on the sink was not one, but three pregnancy tests. They all read positive.

--

To Be Continued....

ahhh, here you guys go
chay 🍍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 10.1K 127
Vote , Comment , Enjoy
170K 7.6K 52
Will Nicki and Lauren's love life last or will they go through trials and tribulations. Will Meek chase his dream girl or will he give up? Read and f...
31.7K 1.4K 40
Read to find out