Twenty-Four.

Los Angeles, California

It was the middle of August and Nicki and Meek were in California. Over the past few months they had grown as people and as a couple. Nicki was doing more photoshoots, bringing in more money, and Meek was even more serious about basketball. He was in the gym almost every day, and he had even gotten himself a side hustle as a basketball camp counselor.

"This is a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment with brand new flooring, a remodeled kitchen, and new utilities," the realtor said.

Meek looked around, licking his lips.

"I like it. It's a nice amount of space. Everything brand new. It looks good in here. What you think, baby?" He asked Nicki.

"I love it," she smiled. "It has a fireplace, built in microwave and refrigerator. Everything is so perfect."

The realtor smiled. "If you really like it, I'll give you guys another day to think it over, check the apartment out, then we can start on the lease and deposit."

"Aight. How much we gotta put down for deposit?" Meek asked.

"$500. That's the deposit. Since there's brand new utilities, piping, and wiring, that won't go towards your rent."

Meek nodded.

"You guys are actually very lucky. Since that isn't going towards your rent, you'll only have to pay $700 a month instead of $1,000."

"That's amazing," Nicki smiled.

The realtor nodded. "So what do you guys think?"

"You feeling it?" Meek asked.

"Yesss."

Meek nodded. "Aight, we'll take it. Can we put the money down today and sign the lease and everything?"

"Of course! I'll go get everything from my car."

She walked out and Nicki smiled.

"We have our own placeeee," she smiled.

"This shit dope. A lot of space in here. We ain't gotta worry about it being too small or uncomfortable in here. We got a big kitchen, big bedrooms, big bathroom."

He smiled and Nicki hugged him.

"I love you so much, Rihmeek."

"I love you too."

He kissed her forehead, then pecked her lips. The realtor came in and they handled everything. Once they were done, the realtor gave them the keys and they thanked her before she left.

"It's really ours!" Nicki smiled.

Meek chuckled. "We gotta get some furniture up in this bitch. What you think?"

"Hmm... maybe all black furniture. Leather, so it won't stain if anything spills."

He nodded. "Aight. I got you. We got a room together, and the second room?"

"It can be a guest room. If family wants to visit. It's big enough for two full sized beds to goin there and a dresser."

"What about a TV in there?"

Nicki shrugged. "It depends. We need to create a budget. I don't want to spend too much or buy unnecessary things. We only need TVs for the front room and our room."

"Aight. I like how you think."

She giggled. "What should we hang up on the walls?"

"One of those transparent stickers that say family. A big one. Right in the living room. Then, I want pictures of you all throughout the house."