Thirty-Two.

Los Angeles, California

Nicki smiled as she and Meek walked up to Bey and Shawn. Bey smiled at her, then looked at Meek, and then she looked at Nicki again.

"Hey, Nicki!"

"Hey, Bey. How are you?"

Bey smiled. "I'm fine. Um, do you want to go get something from the food court with me?"

"Oh, no thanks, I already ate."

"Well... can you just come with me? Please?"

Nicki sighed and nodded. She looked back.

"Meek, I'm going with Bey."

He nodded. They walked off and Bey looked back, seeing Meek and Jay in the distance.

"Did you come to the party last night?" She asked Nicki, looking at her.

"No, I was in New York. I assume it was fun. Meek and his friends got drunk."

Bey sighed. "Nicki, I know we're not the closest of friends, but I cannot just let you go out like this. Meek did get drunk last night and I saw him outside with some girl. He was kissing on her neck and dancing very very close on her. They were basically grinding on each other. I assumed it was you, but then they started walking towards the dorms and I know you guys don't stay on campus."

Nicki's heart dropped and her blood boiled.

"Nicki, I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you.."

"No, no. You're fine. Thank you for telling me. I'll see you later, okay?"

Bey sighed and hugged her. She hugged her back then walked off towards Meek. Meek smiled down at her. "Wassup, baby?"

"Give me the keys to your car."

Meek reached into his pocket, handing her the keys. She started walking away.

"Where you going?"

"Don't worry about it. Come with me."

He dapped Jay up then followed after Nicki. They got into the car and she started it.

"Where's Isa?" Nicki asked.

"I don't know. Let me call her and ask her to meet us at the food court."

Nicki laughed a little, leaning her head against the window. "You have her number?"

He nodded and started dialing her number.

"Tell her to meet us at that park by our house."

He told Isa to meet them and Nicki started driving off. When they arrived, they sat in the car, waiting on Isa.

"Why you so quiet?" He asked.

"I'm praying for you," she said, closing her eyes again.

There was a tap on the window and Meek looked over, seeing Isa. He smiled and got out of the car. Nicki got out and locked the car doors.

"What happened between you two last night?" Nicki asked.

"He got drunk and tried to um.. hug me, but it triggered a memory from my past and I started running away from him, crying. We went back to my dorm and he comforted me."

Nicki walked over and slapped her hard. Meek immediately grabbed her.

"Nicki, what's yo problem?!"

"You're my problem! She's fucking lying and you're trying to hold me back and defend her?!" Nicki asked, her eyes watering. She slapped Meek and he let her go, holding his cheek.

He sighed. "Nicki, chill!"

She grabbed Isa by her neck and looked at her.

"If you ever in your life look at him or think about him again, I'll kill you."

She let her go and pushed her on the ground. Taking her engagement ring off, she threw it at Meek.

"You can find somewhere else to stay."

She got into the car and drove off, making him sigh, putting his face in his hands. He walked over to Isa and helped her up.

"You good?" He asked.

"I thought she was gonna be nice," Isa mumbled, snatching away from him.

He grabbed her again and pulled her into a hug.

"Give her a chance."

"Get off of me, Meek. I can't believe you just let her attack me like that."

Meek sighed. "I tried to calm her down but she's upset. Plus, you not my girl."

"Whatever."

--
Los Angeles, California

Nicki wiped her tears and continued packing her bags. She was hurt and lost. Sniffling, she looked up towards the ceiling and fanned her eyes.

"I'm not going to cry over him," she said quietly.

She zipped her suitcase up and turned off the lights, climbing into bed. It was already late, so she pulled the covers over her head and went to sleep.

When she woke up, she was laying on Meek's chest. She looked around, seeing her suitcase wide open with nothing inside. She sighed and looked at Meek before getting up, going into the kitchen. She fixed herself something to eat and got on the couch, watching cartoons.

"Baby," she heard.

Turning around, she saw Meek walking out of the bathroom. He walked over to the couch and sat down beside her.

"Can we talk about this? I don't want to lose the love of my life over a chick I met on campus. I promise you it wasn't anything sexual between us. I met her at the food court, she seemed cool. I was never checking for her, none of that. I just thought of it as making a friend. If you don't want me to have female friends, then aight, I won't."

"Meek," she sighed. "I don't care about you having female friends, but I specifically told you not to get drunk. Now I have people telling me that you almost had drunk sex with this girl? You were kissing on her neck and grinding on her. I asked you what happened and you couldn't tell me the truth."

He ran his hands over his face. "I truly don't remember what happened that night. All I know is that we ended up in her dorm and she was crying about her past. That's it. I didn't fuck her. I had no intentions on fucking her. I was just trying to comfort the girl."

"Was she drunk?"

"No. She was actually trying to help me sober up. I remember her driving me home."

Nicki nodded. "So when I asked her what happened she lied to me. Maybe I should kill her."

"Chill. You not killing anybody."

"Meek, you can have female friends, but not her. I don't like her. Not even because of what happened. I can move past that, but.. I got this weird vibe from her. Be careful on campus. Seriously."

Meek chuckled. "I can handle myself."

"Clearly not. No more parties when I'm out of town. You're irresponsible."

"I just got a little out of hand. That's it."

Nicki nodded. "Yeah. I know. It's not gonna happen again, though."

She got up and took her plate into the kitchen, washing it. Then, she went back to Meek and straddled him.

"The next time you get drunk and end up in some girl's dorm room... I'm gonna shoot the both of you," she told him.

"With what gun?"

Nicki smirked and pecked his lips gently.

"Don't worry about that."

--

chay 🍍