Fourty.

Houston, Texas
| One Month Later |

Nicki looked at herself in the mirror as she ate her chips and sighed. Shaking her head, she put the chips down and called Candi.

"Helloooo," Candi answered.

"Hey, boo. Are you doing anything today?"

Nicki threw the chips away and walked up the stairs to the hall bathroom.

"No. I'm not doing anything. Why, what's up?"

"I need you to go to the pharmacy and buy something for me," Nicki told her.

Candi laughed a little. "Like what? I'm not your servant."

"I know you're not. I'll text you what I need you to get me," Nicki told her. "I'll come pick it up later."

They hung up and Nicki brushed her teeth. Going to Caiah's room, she saw him all ready to go. Going into her room, she looked at herself once more.

Lately, she found herself wearing all black for obvious reasons. She had on black leggings with large black jacket, black Nikes and a black hat with her curly ponytail sticking out of the back.

"Caiah, let's go!" She said.

"Okay," he said.

They left and Nicki drove off, going to Steak N' Shake. They got out and Caiah smiled.

"I love this place, Nika."

"I know, that's why I brought you here," she smiled.

They went inside and were instantly seated in a booth. Looking over the menu, Nicki sighed.

"Are you okay?" Caiah asked.

"I'm fine, babe. What are you getting?"

He looked over the menu. "A steak burger and an oreo milkshake."

"Okay. I'll get the same thing."

The waiter came and took their orders. Their food and milkshakes came soon after. They ate silently and Nicki sighed, shaking her head.

"I can't eat this."

"Why?" Caiah asked.

Nicki sighed. "It's disgusting."

He frowned. "You always eat that, though."

Nicki sighed and pushed her plate up. She laid her head against the wall and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Caiah asked.

Nicki looked at him and nodded. "Yes, I just don't feel too good. I have an upset stomach."

Soon, Caiah finished his food and Nicki paid. They left, heading to the hospital to see Carol.

--
Los Angeles, California

"Oh god," Meek chuckled, dribbling the ball.

He shot the ball, making it.

"That was amazing!" His cousin's best friend said.

He chuckled and winked at her. He continued playing ball with his cousins before calling time and jogging over to the bench, drinking his water. Sitting down, he scrolled through his Instagram and posted an old picture.

"Hey... is it Meek?" He heard.

He looked up, seeing his cousin's best friend. He chuckled a little. Her face quickly turned red out of embarrassment.

"Sorry, I'm not really good with names," she told him.

"Nah, you good. Yeah, it's Meek, wassup?"

She sat beside him on the bench. She sat a little far away, playing with her necklace.