Seventeen

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"Robert Williams," the principal called.

The crowd cheered loudly as Meek walked across the stage to receive his diploma. He smiled and went to the podium.

"Thanks for this. I couldn't do this without my teachers, the principal, and more importantly, my coach. He pushed me to strive, grade-wise and sports wise. He the reason I got so many scholarships and everything. Last, but not least, I wanna thank my family for keeping me on track. I wanna thank God for making this possible, and I wanna thank my girl. I don't know if she here today, but I love you baby. Thank you."

He walked off and everybody cheered. As he was about to walk off, they handed him his awards and he went and sat back down. They finished calling names and then the principal smiled.

"And this years Valedictorian is... Robert Williams!"

Meek got back up and jogged on stage. He smiled hard and held his award.

"Aye, I just gave a speech, but this is amazing. Thank you to everybody!"

The principal spoke to him for a while before he sat back down. They played a little music then the grads got hype, dancing, twerking, and throwing their caps up. Meek went over to his mom and his sister, hugging them.

"I'm so proud of you," his mom said, wiping his tears.

"Thanks ma. I did all of this for you."

She smiled. "You did a great job. I'm not the only one who's proud of you."

She pointed behind him and grabbed his awards. He turned around, seeing Nicki standing there in a bright red body fitted dress and black heels. Her long hair was straightened and she also had on her graduation cap.

"Oh shit!" Meek smiled, hugging her, lifting her off of the ground.

"I'm so proud of you Rihmeeeek!" She squealed as he twirled her around.

He laughed and put her down. "Thank you, baby. Fuck. I'm so happy to see you."

"You saw me a few days agoooo."

"I know and you told me you couldn't make it to my graduation. I was hurt."

She giggled. "I tricked you. There was no way I was gonna miss your graduation."

"Thank you baby. You look so fucking fine right now. This outfit, ya hair, everything. You got on makeup?" He asked.

"Yes," she nodded.

He nodded and looked at her.

"That shit make you look grown, but sexy as fuck."

"Shut up," she giggled.

He chuckled.

"Damn. You really surprised a nigga. Come here."

He grabbed her by her chin, putting one hand on her lower back, kissing her. She kissed back, putting her arms around his neck. He slid his tongue all in her mouth, pressing up against her.

"Meek, leave that child alone before you mess up her makeup," Kathy said.

Meek pulled away and chuckled.

"Chill. Her lipstick still look good."

"Nicki, if he's giving you any problems just beat him. He's hard headed."

Nicki giggled and looked at Meek.

"Is that true, Meek. You're hardheaded?"

"Nah. I just be chilling. She lying on me."