Ten.

Houston, Texas

For the last week, Nicki and Meek had called each other every day and kept up with each other's lives. Nicki always found time between school, visiting her mother, and her part time job to check up on Meek.

Since it was Friday, and Nicki had done everything she had to do, she took another shower and relaxed in her room. Caiah had already taken his shower and insisted on Nicki letting him watch cartoons for the whole day.

She agreed since his request was so simple, and went into her own room to text Meek. Just as she began texting him, he started calling her. She smiled widely and answered.

"Hi," she said.

"Wassup, lil baby? What you doing?" He asked.

She giggled. "Nothing. I'm chilling at home. Probably about to watch some TV. How are you?"

"I'm good, baby girl. Thanks for asking. How are you?" He asked.

"Good. I'm glad to be relaxing."

He chuckled. "I'm glad that you relaxing. That's exactly what you needed. Relaxation."

"Yes. You should be relaxing too. I know basketball practice is hard on you."

"Hell yeah. I'll get some time to relax soon. What's ya address? I'm tryna get something delivered to ya house," he told her.

She giggled. "What are you sending to my house, Meek? Such a stalker."

"It ain't stalking. I'm sending you a surprise. You gonna love it. Text ya address to me."

"Mkay."

She put the phone on speaker and texted her address to him. Then, she took it off of speaker and put it back to her ear while grabbing the remote.

"Thank you, lil baby," he said.

"You're welcome."

She started flicking through channels, trying to find something to watch.

"Nic, I'll call you back in like thirty minutes, okay?" He asked.

"Aw, okay," she pouted.

He chuckled. "I know you pouting. Stop pouting. I'll call you back, aight?"

"Okay."

She hung up and huffed. Finally settling on a Lifetime movie, she got comfortable and started watching.

Around thirty five to forty minutes later, Nicki's phone started ringing. She picked it up, still into her movie.

"Hello?" She answered.

"I told you I'd call you back."

She instantly smiled. "Oh, hi Meek! I'm watching a movie. It's very interesting."

"What's it about?"

"Some man is trying to kill his wife and the daughter knows so she's trying to help her mom, but he's trying to kill her too."

Meek laughed. "That sound crazy."

"It's actually really good. I'm about to FaceTime you so that you can watch it with me like we did with Nemo."

"Nah, don't FaceTime me, lil baby. I'm looking rough," he said.

She giggled. "I don't care. You're still handsome no matter how rough you think you look."

"Mhm. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Just then, her doorbell rang. She looked up.