A Blind Love

By Islaamfirst

People say love is blind, some don't believe it but it might be true. This is a love story between a blind ri... More

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19
20
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

1.

1.5K 60 5
By Islaamfirst

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh my lovely readers. As i already 'promised', i'm starting a new book. I pray that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala helps me and you all through out the end.

And i hope you would all support me as u did in the previous books, although they are not perfect but i will try my best to make this one really good and also avoid mistakes.

                         Ava's Pov

"Ma Shaa Allah! It's Ramadhan!" Norah, my younger sister screeched in happiness.

I smiled "Alhamdulillah! Go wake up Noor and Dad." I told her as i sat on my bed.

I heard her happy footsteps going out of our room. We shared a room, cause Dad was always worried about me. I stood up and made my way to the bathroom, it was very easy for me now since i've been doing it ever since i was young.

I did my morning business and performed ablution before going out. I found my praying mat where i always kept it, i laid it on the floor and read two Nafil.

I heard footsteps "Norah? Is that you?"

"It's me, dear." My Dad, Alhassan said.

I smiled "I'm already up, Dad."

"I know, i just came to check up on you."

"Thanks Dad!"

"Come, let's go eat."

I stood up "Have you read Nafil?"

"Yes, dear."

I felt his hand on mine as he led me out of the room into the living room. Dad tried to make everything easy for him. After Mum's death and the accident that made me blind, he made us move to a smaller house to make living easier for me.

My siblings were also there for me so they didn't object even when it meant they would have to do everything by themselves unlike before.

Dad helped me sit on the dining table and he took his too.

"How are you, darling Sis?" Noor, my younger brother said.

"Alhamdulillah!"

"And here comes the food." Norah was still very enthusiastic about Ramadhan.

I could hear the clattering of plates and movement.

"Dig in." Noor said to me after i heard a plate set in front of me.

"Thanks." I smiled as i dug into my food.

A few minutes later, we were done eating. Norah cleared the table as usual and Noor walked me back into my room after much insistence to brush my teeth.

"See you in the morning." He said as i entered the bathroom.

"Make sure you pray before you go back to sleep." Okay, Aunty." He mocked.

I rolled my eyes and brushed my teeth then made another ablution and went back into the room.

Norah came back a few minutes later, after brushing her teeth, she joined me on the praying mat.

"Norah?"

"Yeah."

"I'm really sorry you have to be doing all the work."

She snorted "Stop saying that Ava. You're being pathetic, if i don't do this for you then who will?"

I cracked a smile "I love you, Sis."

"Love you more."

After Salah, we both went back to sleep.

"Wake up!"

I groaned "Leave me alone."

"Wake up, Ava." Norah's annoying voice kept disturbing my peaceful sleep.

"This better be important." I muttered as i sat up straight.

"Dad said a family is coming to seek my hand in marriage." She declared, the fright in her voice was very clear.

"That's a great thing, isn't it?" I smiled happily.

"I don't know, i can't leave you here. Who would take care of you, the house, the guys?" She sniffled.

I frowned "Are you crying?"

She hiccupped "I'm sorry, i'm just nervous and scared."

"Look, if the guy likes you, you have to agree. This is your future we are talking about. Don't worry about me and the guys, we would be alright."

She sniffled again "This is so sudden."

I could feel that she was nervous "You are twenty two, Norah. You're a graduate, you have a family that adores you. What else if not a family of your own. Don't you want to have your own kids? A husband? A family of yours?"

She was quiet for a few seconds "Of course i do. It's just scary and too soon."

"It's never too soon, dear. It's completing half of your Deen and you know this very well."

I felt her hands on mine "What about you, Sis?"

I forced a smile on my face "Your happiness comes first."

"I never thought i might get married before you. I've always pictured your wedding to be the best in town."

I laughed softly "I guess you have to start picturing yours now."

"Okay. But promise me you would be there beside me... for every moment of it."

I smiled "Promise."

"I've got to call Mina. She would start freaking out now." I felt her get off my bed and sprang out of the room.

My eyes welled with tears of joy for my younger sister. I knew life would be more better for her now.

"Hey! Are you alright?" Noor's voice was tensed.

I shook my head "I'm very happy for her, Noor. She will be very happy now."

I felt the bed dip beside me "What makes you think she's not happy over here?"

I shrugged "She's always taking care of me."

"She loves you."

"I know."

There was a peaceful silence for a while.

"I will find you a suitable boy." Noor promised and i almost laughed.

"Remember i am the oldest."

"By a year and the half." He snorted.

"I'm still older." I smirked.

"Aren't you going to work, Engineer?"

"SubhanAllah! I thought it's Saturday."

I grinned "You took a leave, didn't you?"

I could picture him smiling sheepishly "It's the first day of Ramadhan!"

"That's no excuse. Go get ready now."

"But..."

"No buts, go get ready now." I commanded.

I felt him get up "You suck."

I stuck my tongue out "My regards to your boss."

"Whatever."

I laid back on my bed, forcing myself back to sleep. But i knew it was nearly impossible. After a while, i stood up and went to take my bath. I changed into a flared skirt and a long sleeved shirt and wrapped a veil as a hijab.

I didn't know the colour of what i was wearing but i knew it was nice. I grabbed my boots and wore it. I carried my walking stick and left the room.

I walked to the living room "Norah?"

"In the kitchen, Sis." She called out.

I carefully made my way into the kitchen "What are you doing?"

"Cleaning."

"Do you need help?"

"As usual no, you need to go and rest."

I mentally rolled my eyes "So do you."

"Okay. Help with the dishes."

After we were done "Are you going somewhere?"

I nodded "I'm hanging around with Iman at their place."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head "No need, i will be fine."

"No way. Let me wear my hijab." She walked past me into the room.

I sighed "I'm sorry, Mum." I whispered.

What do you think? She's blind. SubhanAllah! We have alot of blind people out there who feel deserted. We should know that they are not different from us, they are created by Allah as we are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 40.7K 73
I walked down the dark hallway, my eyes scanning the rooms on my way.The door was slightly ajar as I reached the end of the hallway, my hands pushing...
326K 44.2K 48
In life, we don't always get what we want. Falling in love is a great feeling. Being loved in return is even a more greater feeling. But not bein...
49 10 5
This story is about childhood love✨🌷 💥About the importance of pardah 💥About the importance of love 💥About the importance of namaz 💥About the imp...
2.8K 167 5
How hard could it be when you have everything? Not that much, right? But not for Ismail Abdul Haqq. Not after his father's demise three years ago. ...