Merlin one shots

By -Line-28-

Just random Merlin oneshots. I try my best to be as original as possible. Goes from being sad, to funny, to m... More

Merlin's scars are revealed.
Pranks
Modern
Funny conversations between Merlin and Arthur
A fraction of the truth.
more pranking
ignore it and it will go away.
Prince Merlin.
Change in scenery
Unknown talents
the noise
why did I have to punch that guy?
whatever helps you sleep at night
More insulting.
Merlin got drunk
Raised by bandits.
The apology
Gwaine's goal
Why Merlin wears a Neckerchief.
Cross Dressing
Hide and Seek (smutish?)
Arthur saw Merlin doing magic.
Trying to tell Arthur
The Offer
The Offer continued 1
The Offer continued 2
The biggest shock of Arthur's life
Merlin's first Master.
the nickname
The interrogation
Double date
The news
Morgana's Misplaced Memories
Getting out
Pen Pals
The mirror of Erised
Mergana
Random ideas
strange
Campfire conversation
Silver Valley
Silver Valley continued
Waking up with a hangover
Teddy Bear
While waiting for Arthur
Teylie
Failed assassin
Roommate
Hogwarts
Another Hogwarts Chapter
stuck
Damsel in distress/ Silver valley alternate continuation
Fear in their eyes
Morgana's maze
The chicken competition
More story ideas
The Realm Of Omniscience
Confused
Merlin's birthday
professional criminal?
flowers, strange findings and the dead
keeping it in
letters
seeing from another person's shoes.
interesting
wanna play a game?
Pen pals continued
The Wedding
Who did this to you
How did I end up here?
a fraction of the truth continued
Another: Merlin's scars are revealed
even more story ideas
Mind reading gone wrong
The unexpected
Funeral
Meetings at a nearby kingdom
Because I dared you to!
Fun experience
Seeing the talk
lost
what would have happened
I remember...
issues with ages, and a scolding. part 1
issues with ages, and a scolding. part 2
issues with ages and a scolding prt 3
more funny conversations
a plot twist that makes Merlin's head spin
The hidden struggle
after fighting Ronan
more story ideas? yup. I have lots of those
how Uther dies
conversations...
discussions
moorrrree story ideeaaass
when transporting goods
The statue
Arthur's acceptance
Alternate Hide and Seek
Alternate Directions
Hugs
Childhood memories

a change in plans

4.3K 212 134
By -Line-28-

Gwen is sent to seduce a potential threat. (someone who is planning to lead a rebellion, has threatened to kill Arthur, or something along those lines.) Merlin and Leon go undercover to make sure Gwen is alright. No matter what Gwen tries, the potential threat slowly gets visibly more and more uncomfortable. When the potential threat starts flirting with Merlin, the whole plan changes. (Possibly ends with Arthur storming in and killing potential threat on spot)

Leon and Gwen had been gone for months now. Ever since Arthur had made the order, nobody had heard a word from the two.

That was until today. Merlin received a letter. The letter was from Leon, and it was requesting him to come help.

Swiftly Merlin raced to Arthur. The knucklehead was taking a nap in the afternoon when he should be doing paper work. Merlin didn't have time for scolding.

Throwing a glass of water, Merlin suddenly found an angered, and wet king in front of him. This would intimidate some. It didn't deter Merlin in the slightest.

"I got a letter from Leon."

Arthur immediately perked up. Apprehensively taking the letter after drying his hands on his pants, and completely forgetting his anger from Merlin waking him up with water.

When he finished, Arthur spoke, "go, they need you. Take a horse. Alert Gaius your leaving, and leave immediately."

Taking the letter Arthur was returning, Merlin found Arthur was holding it too tightly for him to take it.

"Be careful."

Then Merlin tugged it out, and on his way out, Merlin heard something along the lines of, "good luck, I'll miss you."

○○○○○

A couple days later Merlin made it to his destination. Following the instructions given, Merlin found the place Gwen and Leon were staying.

"Merlin! It's been too long!" Gwen spoke as she approached. Her hair was messily done, but it looked nice. Gwen must have nicked clothing somewhere, because the stuff she had was not her usual clothing. It was messy, yet it fit her well.

Nodding, Merlin said, "it has."

"Come this way. We've had a certain... twist in the plan and we'll need your help."

Merlin grinned. "You mean with my wonderful seducing skills?" Then struck a pose."

"Of course! C'mon Merlin, Leon is waiting. He's changed a bit for the sake of the mission." Then Gwen giggled, with a knowing look.

In awe of how much Gwen had changed over the years, he began to think of the first time they met. She was so awkward, yet kind. Over the years of being around an overconfident prat like Arthur, she'd gained confidence, a snarky side, and a sneaky side. The last one she'd always had, but hid. Then after Arthur and Gwen's short attempt at a relationship, she'd realized she had little to fear, and life always went on. Now she was just her cheeky self.

That was why Arthur had sent Gwen. Lord Hendrix was said to like cheeky dark haired people with a small build. Gwen fit all these now, and Arthur trusted her most to do this.

"So why am I here?" Merlin asked worriedly. They'd been sent on the mission, and told them they'd only contact anyone in Camelot if they truly thought they needed help.

Continuing walking, Gwen took a turn before answering, "there's a slight... curve... in our plans. We're not one hundred percent on it. But we're pretty sure. We think you can help. It's kind of hard to explain, so we'll have to just see later. For now, let's just find Leon."

Alleys and dark pathways were what they followed. Merlin began to get slightly suspicious.

"You got the nicknames for the mission down?"

Merlin nodded in response.

When they finally reached their destination, it was a large building. It seemed gloomy and abandoned from the outside. There was no evidence that it was in use.

Then they went around back, and Gwen went through a crack that just fit a large person. It didn't look like it went anywhere, but considering Gwen went in, it obviously did. Then as Gwen motioned for him to follow, he briefly wondered if this some elaborate scheme to murder him.

As he followed in, the light became more apparent after two turns. A steady thrum of conversations could be heard the further they got. The walls obviously kept sound out well.

"Inside Lord Hendrix is hosting a party. He's brought the ale, and has some betting going. Just be yourself, and see how you fit in." Gwen swung her hips slightly more than usual, and her shoulders came back right before they went in.

Internally Merlin was freaking out. He was just going to jump into the mission without any information? What was Gwen thinking?

"Angel my dear! Welcome!" A voice called

Gwen smiled. "Hello Bruce."

"Your buddy is in the back. He seems rather confident tonight. Good luck on your mission!" The broad shouldered joker winked.

Angel was Gwen's nickname for the mission. Leon was Rupert, and Merlin was Colin.

Once they walked past, Merlin whispered, "you told him?"

"Of course not! He's joking!" Gwen whispered back.

Merlin huffed, but shut up.

There was a couple torches that kept the room dimly lit, there were tables and chairs for their betting games. Never had Merlin understood the novelty of betting. The room would have been rather eerie if it hadn't been for the many people obviously used to the location, and having a good time. There was laughter, and smiles everywhere.

"Everyone here likes Lord Hendrix. He's invited a group of people, and allowed them in. You're supposed to be invited by Hendrix, or by one of the people invited by Hendrix. Don't get in a fight, and get along with everyone you can. Those are the two rules." Gwen explains. "If Lord Hedrix forbids you from coming in, you won't get past Bruce. There's the back, which only his favourites get in. Rupert happens to be one of them. He can get others in too. They've gotten close. It's going fairly well on that part."

Moving through the crowd, Gwen acknowledged many, flirted a little, and got handed an ale. She obviously had found herself a spot here. Somehow that didn't sit right with Merlin.

Interrupting his thoughts, Gwen spoke, "this way Colin." A door was opened, andvMerlin was ushered through. Looks like she was being very strict about using the codename already.

Once he'd gone through, he was met with a small room, filled with a long table, and about eleven people.

The man at the end of the table gave a small smile as Gwen came in. His smile grew when he saw Merlin. "Welcome Angel. You brought a friend? Do introduce." This man was obviously of importance. When he spoke, everyone listened. They continued their game, but stayed respectful.

Gwen threw a flirtatious smile at him, and began, "this is Colin. He's a good friend of mine that I've known for a long time."

In moments the man was in front of Merlin, and quite close."Welcome Colin. Do you bet?"

Merlin shrugged his shoulders. "Depends what we're betting on."

"Well, at the moment it's money, but it could turn to other things if we wish to," he gave a suggestive look. "I'm Lord Hendrix."

They shook hands, and Merlin remembered Arthur's advice about having a strong grip. Hendrix seemed impressed.

"You my friend should come sit next to me and Rupert. Since he's friends with Angel, you may already know him," Hendrx gave a flirtatious smile before indicating the man beside him.

Taking his first look at Rupert, Merlin partially could see the similarities between him and Leon, but it was still hard to believe. His clean shaven chin now sported a trimmed beard, yet it was still uncontrollable. It wasn't long, but just that changed him so much. His hair which was usually controlled as much as possible, was now up in a bun. Those changes didn't make him unrecognizable. The change in the way he held himself, and his no longer solemn expression was what made him so hard to recognize.

"I believe we know each other," Merlin spoke with a smirk. They'd gone over the background story of how they met in the letter. They'd decided to stick with the truth, but not the full truth.

Leon nodded. "We worked under the same boss. I got out before he could though. Poor lad still has the haircut boss made him get!" His statement caused light laughter around the room.

Hendrix turned to him as they sat down, Hendrix asked with a smile, "did you know him when his hair made him look like a knight?"

"Yes, and I must say I pitied him for getting on our boss' bad side," Merlin joked. "What did you do to get on his bad side anyway? After my first encounter with him, it must have been bad for me to get a better haircut then you!"

"You'd have to ask him," he answered with a chuckle. "And that's a story Hendrix would love to hear."

"Do tell Colin."

Merlin went on to tell him the slightly altered version of the story of how he and Arthur met. His sass was still included, it was just with a different status for Arthur, and no names were spoken that didn't need to be. In the story, Arthur was an incredibly important man who had his own training academy for warriors, and also owned land which was farmed by his servants. By the end, he had the whole group laughing.

Merlin now saw why Gwen told him to be himself. The group appreciated his feisty ways, and Gwen noticed that he quickly became a favourite. Some men were still slightly wary of him, but they obviously liked him nonetheless.

○○○

Despite what Merlin had first thought when entering, he had survived. They were now headed to the place he'd be staying with Leon and Gwen.

"So Rupert, how have you been?"

"Wonderful Colin," he replied smirking.

Merlin spoke teasingly, "I didn't know you had humour."

"If I'm honest, I didn't either. Guess some time away was needed."

They joked a bit longer before they made it to a small inn. It wasn't much, but it was enough. Merlin was tired from the long journey, and still had to find out why they needed his help.

As soon as they shut the door to their room, Merlin questioned, "so why did you need me? It seems like your got it under control."

Gwen sat down and looked at her feet for a moment. "Remember how you were jokingly asking if I needed help seducing him?" Merlin nodded in response. "Well I wasn't joking when I said yes."

"And how am I going to help? I'm a guy."

"Exactly." She sighed before continuing, "he likes men."

○○○

"Remind me again why Rupert couldn't seduce him?"

"Because when Hendrix asked him, he said he liked girls. We were still unsure at that point. And seeing him yesterday... He's definitely into you."

Merlin groaned and fell on the bed. This was going to be one of the things nobody ever forgot, and always teased him about. He was sure of it.

Unfortunately he didn't have a choice. Yesterday Gwen had mentioned that 'Colin' would be in town for at least a few weeks. If they suddenly changed the story because 'Colin' disappeared or left, then their cover could be blown.

○○○

For two weeks, Merlin made a spot for himself in the group. The group was mostly there to entertain Lord Hendrix, and enjoyed betting. Especially with Lord Hendrix, who lost a lot.

Leon and Hendrix were quite good friends already, and Hendrix had started to ask about 'Colin'.

Today Merlin walked in confidently, and found Lord Hendrix waiting for him.

"Glad to see you Colin. May I ask if you're ever planning on getting rid of that horrid neckkerchief?"

"Nope."

Hendrix smiles with a glint in his eye. "What's wrong with showing some skin?"

"Nothing. Are you trying to get me to show some skin Hendrix?"

Hendrix seems to think over his answer while pursing his lips. "Yes Colin. I am."

Smirking, Merlin rolls up his sleeves.

Laughing, Hendrix throws his head back. Then when he's stopped laughing, he says "you're funny Colin." He hooks his arm through Merlin's and they head to the back where the betting begins. Merlin is at Hendrix's side all night

○○○

A week ago, Merlin chanced a letter back to Arthur explaining some of what was happening. It was enough for him to get the point. Gwen and Leon were unaware.

When he entered the used abandoned building, he realized that tonight it was empty, with the exception of Bruce.

"Hendrix wants you in the back," Bruce told with a smile.

Had he read the letter and found out? Perhaps he was going to be killed today. Maybe it wasn't because of the letter? But why else would there be no one else in the building? Usually there were at least thirty.

Entering the back, he found Hendrix sitting down in his spot. "Ah, Colin, I was wondering when you would arrive. Come. Sit." The spot next to him was patted.

"Lets play a game. Every round I win, you take a piece of clothing off, and every round you win, I take a peice of clothing off. Deal?"

Merlin was very unsure, but he still managed to let out a "deal," back.

Seven rounds later, Merlin had lost his jacket, his shirt, his shoes, and his socks. Hendrix had lost his shirt, his socks and his shoes.

Merlin became increasingly nervous. For multiple reasons. A couple obvious ones, and a couple that were not so obvious. Like he knew Hendrix had a bit of magic, and he didn't want Hendrix to take off the glamour he'd used on his scars. Then there was the possibility this was a trap.

Once Hendrix noticed Merlin shaking, he put his cards down, and pushed Merlin's cards down too. Lightly Hendrix grabbed Merlin's hand and kissed it. Slowly, Hendix continued to kiss his way down Merlin's arm, to his neck.

It was at this point that Arthur burst in shouting angrily. Arthur knocked out Hendrix, and told Merlin to get dressed.

Nobody was allowed to touch his boyfriend like that except himself.

Once he'd gotten Merlin out, he killed Hendrix, and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 736 11
"Merlin has-" The ghost of Uther Pendragon has told Arthur that Merlin has magic. Arthur struggles to deal with it, until he's forced to once Camelo...
97.8K 3K 38
Mostly reveals or depressing one shots. Cover change and newly edited.
86.7K 3.1K 21
Freya lives the attack, only just. But when she dies giving birth, Merlin's Son is born just before the Tears of Uther Pendragon, what will Merlin do...
77.9K 1.1K 30
This is a bunch of BBC Merlin one shots because I love Merlin and all his people. I don't do Merthur sorry. I do take suggestions and propmts! I DON...