Inspired

By golden_streets

After the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona, Spain, many things change for Yuri. He has always known that if he o... More

Author's Note
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16
Chapter #17
Chapter #18
Chapter #19
Chapter #20
Chapter #21
Chapter #22
Chapter #23
Chapter #24
Chapter #25
Chapter #26
Chapter #27
Chapter #28 a)
Chapter #28 b)
Chapter #29
Chapter #30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 31

13 1 0
By golden_streets

Author's note

Hi!! To everyone that reads my story, thankyou so much!! I don't even know if what I'm writing is any good, but I know that I definitely enjoy writing it. I want to give a huge shout out to @-arae- he recently made a new book cover for me for my story Inspired, and I really think it's so awesome!! Please go and check out his stories and show him some love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri's Pov

Stretching out underneath the blankets, I didn't even need to open my eyes because I hadn't even gotten a wink of sleep last night. Throughout the late hours of the night, all I could think about was that I was getting back on the ice.

The only thing that was different about this time was that I would have two coaches this time, well sort of. Chris would also join us on the ice to train, as well as supervise what Victor and I would be working on today. It was invigorating just thinking about it, but it also gave me anxiety as well.

Chuckling to myself, it amused me how easily Chris could make me blush just by the way he looked at me. I shook my head at Chris' endless pursuit to get me to admit how I felt about the effect he had on me. If I'm being honest, I never wanted to admit it to myself because I didn't want to have to feel guilty over his advances.

Looking back at the few occasions where we were together, I realize that I may have taken it a bit too seriously. Now I know that he only acted that way not to annoy me, but because he was only teasing me, and inadvertently helping me, even if he never knew it himself. He cared about me, in a way I didn't expect him to.

Climbing out of bed, I stretched out once more before leaving my bedroom to take a shower, bumping into Chris along the way.

"Mmmh...Good morning Yuri,"he yawned as he reached out for my hand to hold in in his own. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept alright. What about you?" I replied as I tightened my grip around the hand that held mine. Should I tell him? Should I admit what he's always wanted to hear from me?

"Not long enough. I wish I could go back to bed, I feel like I'm coming down with a headache. Will you come back to my room and give me a massage, Yuri?" He whined as he gently pulled me back to his bedroom.

Once we were in front of his bed, he sat down on his bed and gestured for me to sit behind him so I could give him the massage. Obliging, I sat down with my knees on either side of his waist and started massaging his neck and shoulders first.

"Chris, I have something to tell you..." I spoke, surprising myself. 'Where did that even come from?'I mentally exclaimed as I tried to get a grip. It was like I didn't have control over what I didn't want to say; the words just spilled out, and now I had no choice but to keep going.

"Yeah, what do want to tell me?" he mumbled dreamily as his breathing got slower and relaxed.

"I, well...I" I stammered, very embarrassed with myself. No way was I doing this, I repeated over and over in my head as I tried biting my tongue to prevent me from saying anymore.

He must have sensed how jittery I was, because he slowly motioned for me to stop before turning around and looking at me with his silver-flaked, hazel eyes.

"Yuri, you don't have to be so nervous around me."He assured me as he reached out to hold both my hands. Taking a deep breath,I looked back up at him.

"Chris,since that first time we started getting to know each other better..."I hesitated, twiddling his long fingers together with own."I couldn't stop thinking about you." I blurted out. "Even when it was just Victor and me, even if it was just for a moment, I would always wonder what you were doing right then. Wondering if someone was making you happy that day, or if you were by yourself, thinking about me. I would never have told you if I wasn't sure about how I felt about you, but I need to be honest with you, and with myself. I don't expect anything to change between us, but I know you always sensed I felt like this, so I wanted to come clean. Now you know. I won't deny it anymore."
Before I could figure out what to say next, I felt Chris' lips on mine, his arms on either side of my waist, hinting for me to come closer. His lips were so soft and sweet, that I almost never wanted it to end. Hesitantly, I inched closer to him and laid a hand on his chest, still in disbelief that this was really happening.

Breaking away, Chris caressed my face affectionately before placing a soft kiss on my eyes.
"Yuri, don't you see now? You never needed to hold back, you just needed to be yourself. You kept me waiting for quite a while, but you finally accepted how you felt. I've felt the same way for a very long time. I've never felt so drawn to someone the way I feel with you, so don't let me get too ahead of myself."
Wrapping his arms around me one more, I felt Chris kiss my neck lightly before resting his head on my shoulder.
"Your quite the Belle amê, Yuri."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while later, Victor woke up and told Chis and I to get ready so we could get a headstart at the rink. As soon as we were all prepped to go, we jumped into Chris' car, and he drove us the the rink that he regularly goes to.

Getting out of the car, Chris strung an arm around my shoulders before guiding us through a narrow corridor before entering a wide, open space with a quite a few people already on the ice from what we could see.

Walking over to an attendant, Chris told him that he needed three pair of skates before walking back over to us and taking us to some benches to wait while our skates came. While we waited, I just sat and marveled as I listened to Chris and Victor converse in French. Of course I couldn't understand what they were saying, but somehow, that just made it even more fascinating. Somewhere in the conversation, however, Chris caught me staring at him in awe and just winked.

"We're talking about you," he teased me as he playfully pinched my arm and smiled.

Returning his smile, I looked at Victor, hoping he would shed some light on the conversation. He didn't, but instead stood up and kissed me lightly on the forehead before walking past me, perhaps to see why the attendant was taking so long with our skates.

"Excuse me, a skater requested three pairs of skates for us nearly ten minutes ago. What's taking you so long?" he asked with a hint of annoyance as the attendant turned around to face him. Recognizing him immediately, he quickly grabbed three pairs of skates before rushing around the counter and over to where Chris and I were sitting.

"I am so sorry for keeping you all waiting," the attendant apologised profusely as Chris paid him the money for us to rent the skates. Waving him away, Victor took my hand in his before guiding me toward the ice rink. Once we were on the ice, once again, Victor's whole demeanor changed.

Looking over at Chris, I definitely noticed that his did too. Even though they looked very serious right then, it was still really exciting having them train with me, and I had to bite my tongue to restrain myself from smiling.

"After a discrete conversation with Chris, we've decided that your going to go over every quad, flip and jump until you've mastered them. You will do this until you are certain that you are capable of landing them during competition. Afterwards, we will move on to the next stage. Do you understand?" he said bluntly.

When he first said those words, I swear they didn't register in my mind right away. When they did, though, I kind of felt like fainting, so I waited to fall unconscious. When I didn't, I just replied that I understood and waited for what was coming.

"Good. First you'll be practicing a Quad Lutz. Chris will mostly be assisting you right now. I'll be by the benches watching." Reverting his gaze to Chris, he merely said 'all the best' and skated over to a bench that was close to the gate, but still on the ice.

Before my gaze on Victor could linger any further, I felt cold fingers on my chin turn my head around before gently caressing my face.

Don't worry, Yuri. He's not going anywhere," Chris said soothingly as he took my hands in his before he laid them on his chest.

"We're gonna start nice and smooth, first skating forwards, and then backwards," he instructed as he gently placed his hands on my lower waist. Taking a deeper breath then the last before giving him an equally reassuring smile, I began moving my right foot forward on the ice just as Chris moved his left foot backwards.

When we first started skating, although I've definitely been in Chris' arms before, I couldn't shake how flustered I felt. Not only did he keep looking at me endearingly, but Victor was there as well to witness the whole thing.

Pausing abruptly, I nearly toppled over Chris, causing him to quickly take hold of my shoulders to stop me from falling.

"Yuri, it's just me. Relax." he whispered as he held my face in between both his hands. Taking in deep breaths with my eyes closed, I heard Chris tell me to imagine that there was no one else there; that it was just the two of us.

He also asked me that if we were doing a duet, what story would I want our routine to be telling. Without noticing after a while, Chris had started skating again, forwards this time, and his hands had also found their way around my waist as well.

Relax, Yuri, I chastied myself as I imagined music playing in the distance. I wasn't sure how long we skated like that, maybe until he was satisfied. Stopping again, Chris told me that he wanted to see me skate very slowly before gaining momentum into a Quad Lutz.

"Visualize the jump as if it was me doing it. How would it look Yuri?"

"Most likely seductive," I replied, as if he didn't know that already.

"Yuri, what if he thinks your coming on to me?" he toyed with me before coming up behind me to pull me into his arms.

"It's not like he can hear us anyway," I responded amused. Unwrapping his arms, I turned around and gave his hand a kiss of gratitude before letting it go.

Nodding for me to proceed, I closed my eyes and imagined a piece playing in my mind. Yuri On ice. My arrangement. When I reopened my eyes, all the anxiety had melted away, every negative feeling-I didn't feel it anymore.

All that remained important to me was making Chris proud of me. Proving to myself that I could be just as entrancing as everyone else on the ice. Moving very slowly to the piece that played in my head, I let the music take me away. I didn't want to think to hard on the height of the jump or the speed that my skates were moving; I just wanted to let go.

My mind must have gone very blank during the Quad Lutz, because before I knew it, I was being engulfed in a hug by Chris, telling me that my jump was amazing, and that he couldn't wait to see more jumps just like that one.

Not knowing how to convey emotion in that moment, I just thanked him with a curt smile and did the jump a couple more times, still in the same trance-like state. After another hour or so, I heard Victor approach us, his golden skates gliding smoothly against the ice.

"Alright Chris, that should do it for now. Hope he wasn't too much trouble."

"But Victor, I thought you were supposed to sit on the sidelines and keep still. So quick to ruin all my fun..." Chris pouted as he skated away. Looking pleased with himself, Victor draped his arms around me before picking me up so my legs were around his waist.

Kissing my lips lightly, Victor then moved his lips up to my eyes, kissing them softly.

"Yuri, how long were you going to keep me waiting?"

"I thought you were just going to observe us today?" I reminded him as I felt his hands moving in circular motions on my lower back.

"Yes, I did say that, didn't I? Well, now I have other ideas in mind. As Chris told you himself, I'm your master, let me take care of you..." He whispered in my ear before leading me back to the gate of the ice rink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️

I've recently been trying to edit my work to make it more easier to read, spacing paragraphs out and thing like that. If you happen to see any spelling mistakes, please comment them below so I can change them. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 9.7K 29
The sequel to my book, Close to him. If you haven't read that yet please check it out :) We left off with Otabek loving Yuri enough to be by his side...
1K 111 30
Victor is getting nervous about Yuuri and his feelings. Yuri is getting nervous about the grand prix and Yuuri is just nervous. With work and a pubes...
3.4K 37 29
Four years have passed since Viktor took Yuri under his wing as his coach. Since then, the two have retired. On top of that, one of Yuri's American f...
241K 8.5K 34
HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN VICTURI; #2 IN YURI ON ICE His name was Victor Nikiforov. Silver hair, blue eyes, and a smile that could charm anyone. His tal...