Chapter #9

Yuri's Pov
The next morning, I woke up in Victor's arms, cradling me tenderly. Inhaling his scent, he smelled of tide and aloe vera in the sun. It was so exotic, like spending a day in the Caribbean. 

Kissing his chin, Victor stirred in his sleep. I still couldn't believe last night happened, or how amazing it felt! I had always known Victor as very forthcoming, but I really hadn't expected him to draw me in like that. Taking care not to wake him, I laid his arms on his sides and went to take a shower. 

When I returned, I saw that Victor had woken up. Approaching me, he draped his arms around my neck and pulled me closer, placing his lips on mine.

Moments like this meant so much to me. Pulling away, he gazed down at me. "Yuri, I want to show you something." After Victor took a shower and pulled on some clothes, we jogged to the ice rink and let ourselves in. 

Leading me to his locker, he pulled out some paper, then locked it again. "Yuri, I've been trying to come up with a new arrangement for you, something different that no one will expect." Taking the arrangements from him, I looked at them more closely. From what I could tell, the routine was more complex than anything I had ever done.

"What do you think?" he asked me.
"Well, it's very detailed...." I stammered, not really knowing how to express how nervous I actually felt.
"I'm sure you'll be fine!" Victor said in that optimistic tone of his. "And since you're aware of how high my expectations are for you, I know you won't let me down!"

(Gulp) Yeah, sure, no problem. Meanwhile, I'm sweating so much even my eyes feel sweaty.
"Although it would be ideal for you to start practice today, I'd much prefer you to just study the arrangement, and start practice tomorrow", he continued.
Whew!! That's a relief, I feel tired just thinking about it.

"While you're doing that, I'll be running a few errands. Be a good piggy and kindly do as expected. If I can't make it back early, I'll let you know. Mata Atodé!!!"(see you later) he exclaimed as he took off.

Well, he's certainly jiffy today. Sigh, might as well go back home and start looking this over. When I got back home, I turned on my laptop before sitting at my desk. Now that I was by myself, I could look at the arrangement and visualize myself skating it without feeling inferior or being expected to reply with confidence that I just don't have. Closing my eyes, I imagined myself skating to Blood, Sweat and Tears by BTS.

 I would begin the routine by raising one arm as I skated backwards with a solemn expression on my face.

 As the music would pick up the pace, I would take the step sequence nice and slow, not wanting to rush anything. I would move my arms freely as I prepared my triple axis and triple loop. Yes! I nailed it!!

I need to enthral the crowd. As the chorus would play again, my hands would move together down my chest, then I would hug myself, my right fingers grazing my lips before entering into a spread eagle. 

Time for the next jump: the quadruple salchow. I need to get this, I've been doing amazing so far, just need to time it. Yes!!

Feeling myself getting emotional, I knew I had to stay in character. Listening for the loop in the song, I raised my hands to the back of my neck, then to my mouth and chest before my last quad and rotational spin. 

Hearing the crowd cheer only made the drive I felt that much more heightened. As the music ended, I raised my arms and stretched out my fingers, making it appear like I had just given the magic show of a lifetime. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard someone walk into my room.

"Yuri, are you awake?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! Sorry this chapter is so short! Really wanted to get something out there. Really hope there aren't too many mistakes. I also hope that this chapter isn't cheesy or anything. I'm still trying  to develop their relationship, so please don't be too annoyed. There is a lot more on the way, so please keep reading.😃 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

If you liked this chapter, or even if you didn't, please give it a vote!

 That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️