Chapter #18

Victor's Pov
Once I had finally eased Yuri out of bed, we got dressed so I could take him to a skating rink a few miles from where I live. I quickly hired a car and we climbed in. Zooming past St. Petersburg outside the taxi windows, even though I could tell he was trying to contain how bubbly he felt being here,Yuri couldn't hold back his excitement and constantly had his eyes scanning the city as far as his eyes could see. 

I'm quite sure that if I wasn't there, he'd ask the driver to stop a few times just so he could get a close-up view of everything he saw so far. Before he started to lean on the door handle that would undoubtedly lead to an unprecedented exit, I gently pulled Yuri close to me so he laid on my chest and gently pulled back his hair.

"Someone's clearly enjoying himself,"I mused with him, pulling him closer to me.
Turning a deep crimson, Yuri shyly turned away from me.
"You have nothing to be embarrassed about,Yuri," I reassured him, kissing his cheek before loosening my hold on him. 

Checking out the window myself, I saw that we had arrived at the skating rink,  the area flooded with people all around. Getting out, I left the door open so Yuri could get out as well. After paying the driver, I took Yuri's hand in mine as we walked up the many steps of Vikasne Skating Stadium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yuri's Pov
'Flashback'
Standing on thin skates, it felt like the ice threatened to give way beneath me as Victor closed the distance between us, brushing my lips with his soft, delicate fingers.
Oh my gosh! Why is he standing so close to me?
"Unleash the eros within you. Maybe no one's seen it before, but I know it's there, smoldering deep down inside you, waiting for its chance to come out. Can you show it to me? Can you do that?"
'End of Flashback'

Still can't believe that was so long ago. Victor hinted so many times how he felt; his gestures, his tone, and even the way he'd look at me always had an effect that I wasn't totally familiar with, but it definitely left me breathless. 

As reality materialized again, I found that we were walking across multi-coloured marble floors that led to wide open doorway. Through that, our stage was already set, sparkling like diamonds to everyone who witnessed it before them. Marveling at what awaited us, I looked up at Victor and chuckled, only to see that he was already looking down at me, his face gleaming with delight as he walked beside me to the area where an attendant rented out skates. Approaching the counter, all Victor had to do was lock eyes with the one in charge, and the attendant practically fell at his feet.

By the smirk that ever so casually found it's way to Victor's lips, saying he enjoyed this was an understatement.
"Yuri, wouldn't you want this for yourself one day? To have people grovel in front of you?"
"Honestly Victor, it looks kind of demeaning....."
"How can you say that? This man is clearly enjoying what he's doing."
By now the attendant had gotten down on both knees and was lacing Victor's skates for him, repeatedly asking if they were tight enough, or if the skates fit him alright. If not, he'll run back and fetch another pair.
"You know best,I guess." That wasn't far from the truth. After all, he was a five-star gold medalist, so I guess he was used to this kind of treatment.
"Thanks, they suit me just fine,"he replied to the attendant once he had finished lacing his skates. "This is my fiancée, do you think you could find him some skates too?"

As soon as he mentioned the word, my cheeks must have flushed a deep scarlet, but not of embarrassment. I felt proud,and flattered, and surprised at how casual he had just said that. Looking over at him, I knew he knew what I was thinking and gave my hand gentle squeeze as the attendant returned with a pair for myself.

Once we got on the ice,  I did a few warm up exercises to try and relax myself. After a couple of moments, Victor had me face him, so I waited a beat for him to tell me what to do. I had to admit, after all the work we had done since he started coaching me, he didn't even need to cross his arms or hold his hand on one hip to look authoritative or get my attention-he did it by just focusing on me. It was as if his entire persona took on a different change, and without uttering a word-I knew.
"Yuri, I want you to show me the 1st routine that I had you practice in Hasetsu. Don't be anxious, start when your ready."

Closing my eyes, I took in a deep breath before going over the routine, replaying the music in my head. Focus, Yuri. Here comes the jump. Just as I about to jump into the quadruple flip, I caught Victor's stare, and flumped the jump. 

Shrug it off, I told myself at I got back on my feet. It could have  been worse. Getting through the rest of the routine easily enough, I went over the routine a couple more times. After the 5th time, I bowed before my imaginary audience before Victor glided toward me.
"I think that'll do for now. You did well today. We'll continue tomorrow."

Mmh....didn't really feel like it, but alright. Stepping off the ice, I couldn't shake the regret I felt, like I hadn't put enough effort into it. On the way back home, Victor must have noticed me lost in my thoughts and took my hand in his. The silence during the ride didn't change, but somehow, it felt a little less quiet. Once we got inside the penthouse, Victor took off his coat before facing me.
"Yuri, do you mind if I talk to you in my room for a moment?"he asked, slowly gesturing for me to take off my coat before hanging it in the closet.
"Sure," I replied as I let him lead the way to his room. Shutting the door behind me, he pulled me over to his bed before sitting me down beside him.

"Yuri, I can always tell when your thinking about something. What is it?" Hesitating, I looked up at him.
"I wanted it so badly to be just right, I guess I just..." To be honest, I don't know what happened. "I know I can do better tomorrow, though."
Squeezing my fingers in between his own, he smiled, as if he was in on a secret that I had forgotten.

"Yuri, there's no doubt in my mind that you'll do better tomorrow, but you mustn't be so hard on yourself. That's my job. Yuri, I know why you wanted me to come back, and I'm really excited to be doing that. For that reason, you need to consider what I ask of you. I've already told you, all I want is for you to give a performance that you can be proud of."
Wrapping his arms around me, I could feel all the negativity lift off of me, and as quickly as it departed, it was replaced with a soothing calmness that I hadn't felt in a long time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️

I've recently been trying to edit my work to make it more easier to read, spacing paragraphs out and thing like that. If you happen to see any spelling mistakes, please comment them below so I can change them. ❤️