Chapter #5

Yuri's Pov
During the entire time Victor was gone, he was all I could think about. Whatever I was doing, he was the only thing  on my mind. I kept wondering what he was doing at that moment, if I should call him or not, if he was thinking about me. I must've gotten carried away because I stepped on Makkachin's tail numerous times and kept bumping into my mom whenever she was in a rush. Apparently, focusing on Victor makes me forget whatever else I'm doing at the moment.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Are you ok?! Do you need ice?!? Although you don't look like you need it!! I'm so sorry!!"

That's what I told Makkachin the last time I stepped on his tail. In my defense, he should just find one specific place to lie down, then I wouldn't be freaking out so much. After a while, I decided to get some fresh air, clear my head, anything to stop me from getting in someone's way. On Thursday, I headed over to Minako's ballet studio to try and get my mind off it. Surprised to see me, she let me in and we started working right away. I really didn't feel like practicing anything that day, but it did take my mind off Victor. By the time we were finished, I was so out of breath that Minako asked if I had asthma. As tired as I was, I had to keep myself preoccupied. I jogged on the beach for a while,  did some lunges, then jogged back to the house. 

Taking off my clothes, I took my phone and collapsed in the hot spring. After half an hour, I turned my phone on and scrolled to Victor's number. Should I call him?  Before I could press 'call', the phone starting ringing in my hand, startling me. It caught me so off guard that I dropped it in the water. "Drat" I muttered. Diving into the water, I saved it before it could go to voicemail. "Victor?!" I exclaimed.

"Yuri? I was wondering when I would hear from you. How have you been faring?"
"I've been great!! Just practicing like you'd want me to!!" Except I haven't been great. I've been going out my mind missing you.
"That's good to hear!! I never did explain to you why I had to leave. Yakov had told me that there was a retail company that wanted me to model their clothes, so that's what I've been doing."
"That sounds so incredible!!! I'm so happy for you!!" I hope he comes back soon, I think I have separation anxiety.

"Thanks​ Yuri!! Please feel free to call anytime!! Ciao!!!"
"Bye!!" I replied, but the call had already ended.
How drastic my life had changed. Not only is my idol my coach, but I'm engaged to him. I can be happy for him without feeling lonely, right? Besides, I'm sure he misses me  too. Before I could get something to eat, my phone started ringing. Hmm... Oh, no. It's Chris! Taking a deep breath, I answered.

"Yuri,  you've been so quiet, you never told me how the date went. It's been nearly a week and you never got back to me. Victor must be taking very good care of you," he replied. Somehow, I knew exactly what he was implying, but I let it go.
"I'm so sorry, I should have called. That day, Victor was called to Russia, so we never actually got to go."
"You sound disappointed. Why don't you come visit me before I leave?"
"Sure. I'll come tomorrow."
"I'll see you, then. Ciao"

Glancing back at my phone, i perused through some old photos and and landed on one of Chris. He may be a flirt, but he's a good friend, and Victor trusts him. Wonder what he wants to talk about tomorrow, I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Walking into the kitchen, my mom served me my usual, which I ate quickly then took a hot shower. Drying off in my room, I changed into a pair of sweats and grabbed my earphones. If I'm so happy, why do I feel so insecure?  Maybe because the whole world praises Victor for what he does, and can't understand why he's spending so much time with me. 

Not that I can blame them; Victor's a living legend. Everywhere he goes, he instills inspiration into the hearts of everyone he meets. I'm determined to prove them wrong, though; Victor hasn't just been wasting his time. He's been preparing me, teaching me, making me the skater that goes beyond the dreams I'm yet to have. When Victor's done with me, I'll be amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️

This is my first piece of work, so if you see any mistakes or something that might need work, please comment that too. I'd really appreciate it. 😊