Chapter #30

Yuri's Pov

"Srhh!!"
The wind blew in my ears as I tossed and turned,trying fall back to sleep or at least come up with a good reason to get out of bed. I didn't want to leave the warmth of the blankets,but the longer I stayed, the more my mind would keep spinning, thinking, imagining and fearing....
Sitting up in bed,I looked down at my hands, which were slightly sweaty from all the beddings that were covering me.

How will I ever grow into the person that Victor supposedly sees in me? What if he just sees promise in me now? What about later? Who's to say I haven't been lucky until this point? And if it has, and luck decides to abandon me in the one moment when I need it the most, then what? It'll just confirm what everyone has been thinking; that I'm not worth it.That I'm just a young skater with a lucky break who's way out of his depth. There's no way I'm wrong; I see it in the way they look at me,and even in the ways they don't look at me. Do they all they see me as a passing phase? What am I doing here?

Maybe I'm feeling like this because of what happened at the beach. 

Wiping away the sweat from my hands, I stripped out of my clothes before draping a towel around my waist. Once I was in the shower, I smoothed back my hair in the hopes that it would somewhat ease my somber mood.

Before Victor started coaching me, I wasn't sure of anything really. In a maze without a map, Victor appeared in front of my path without me even knowing how much I needed him, and pointed me in the right direction. I can't imagine that training me was any easier on him, either. Not with his previous coach telling the press that "Victor only cares about himself. He could never be someone else's coach". 

Turning off the faucet, I wrapped myself up once more and got out of the shower. Sitting back down on the bed, I sprawled myself out on my back and closed my eyes,humming a soft tune quietly.

In time,I also picked up on how inexperienced he was as a coach,and that still didn't deter him. If anything, it must have given him the tenacity he needed to keep training me...to stay with me.(sigh) He's really making me miss him right now.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·

Victor's Pov
As we drove back the way we had came, I scrolled through my messages to check if Yuri had woken up yet. I wondered what he was doing right now. He's come a long way, and he's still going through so much; I hope he's doing alright.

"Victor?"
"Yeah?" I replied,quickly snapping out of my daze.
"Didn't you hear me calling you? Are you thinking about him?" Chris asked as he returned his gaze to the road in front of him.

Sighing,I smiled at how well Chris knew me, how in sync he was with my thoughts, that it just made me smile. Dismissing his inquiry as rhetorical, I closed my eyes and let the cool breeze that drifted through my window relax me.

Before I knew it,we were already back at Chris' loft. Pulling up at in the driveway, I thought about how much time we had spent here, and how much Yuri needed to keep training if there was any hope at him being ready before competitions. Just as I was about to reach for the handle, Chris was already on the other side of the open door, a curious expression on his face. Pecking him on the cheek, I let him close the door behind me before we walked over to the elevator. 

Entering Chris' loft, I discussed something with him for a few minutes before going to look for Yuri. Entering his room, I found him huddled up in a blanket watching the latest adaptation of an old fairytale, and on the verge of falling asleep. With Chris quick on my heel and a smile on his lips,we gently crept in before closing the door behind us and joined him in bed. Pausing the movie, Yuri looked over at us with this look in his eye, as if he was waiting for us to tell him whatever it was we had to say. Pecking him lightly on his cheek, I brushed back his over-grown hair with one hand so I could look into those eyes I've come to know so well.

"Yuri, I think it's about time we stopped taking all these breaks. I know I'm the one that would always put a halt to the progress that we were making- I don't want to do that anymore...," I drifted off, getting choked up in my emotions from everything I wanted to say. Running my hands across my face, I took Yuri's hand in my own and closed my eyes for a moment before reopening them.

"Yuri, whenever you're on the ice, or even in my arms, I just can't help but visualize how remarkable you could be. Your so much more than what people think they see. But for everyone to see what I see, you'd need to be...revamped," I said carefully as I glanced over at Chris, who was grinning very suggestively. 

"Do you remember when I once asked you what you want your audience to feel when you skate? That's a key point whenever someone is skating. I want to help you master that emotion. All that's left is technique, and you'll have everyone marveling over you, just like you do me."

My words must have had a profound effect on him, because I saw trails of tears streaming down his face. I could tell he wasn't sad though, more like he looked as if he just needed a reminder of how much I believed in him. Kissing my golden ring, Yuri laid a soft kiss on my lips before giving me a hug that I felt he really needed right then. Wrapping my arms around his waist, Chris quickly followed in suite and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

Oh Yuri, this is only the beginning. I could never be done with you," I told him soothingly as I held him close to me.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

そばを離れないで (Stay Close to Me)