Chapter #3

Yuri's Pov
Laying down on my back, I felt the sunlight rays hit my face through my bedroom window, instantly taking me back to the events of yesterday.

*flashback to yesterday*

After splashing in the water for a while, Victor and I stretched out on the warm, sun-bathed sand and looked up at the seagulls flying above us.

"Yuri, can you recall your favorite memory?" Victor asked me, catching me off guard.

"Well, there's been so many, and you're in all of them, I can't really say I...."

"I'll tell you mine, then," Victor casually interrupted. I just smirked and sat up so I could listen to him.

" This may sound a bit predictable, but it was the first day I met you."

Smiling right away, I couldn't forget that day even if I wanted to.

"Yuri, I couldn't tell exactly what you were thinking right then. Why don't you tell me."

Way to put me on the spot, I guess.

"Victor, I..." What does he really expect me say, though?

"Yuri, You don't have to be embarrassed. You can tell me. Did I turn you on? Did you start to fantasize about all the things you wanted to do with me?" He asked, almost too casually.

"I'm gonna admit, I was speechless. I don't know anyone else that's so comfortable in the own skin. I was definitely shocked. I mean, that doesn't usually happen in Hasetsu. Maybe the most exciting thing that happens here are the pelicans--" before I could ramble any further, Victor was hovering over me, grazing my chest with his long fingers.

"That's it then, isn't it? If you felt excited looking at me, you should have just said so," Victor replied, clearly satisfied by the grin on his face. Standing up, Victor helped me to my feet as well. After brushing the sand off his shorts, Victor reverted his attention to me.

"Yuri, you still have sand on your shorts."

"Really? I thought I had brushed it all off? Are you sure?"

"Yuri, I'm looking at you, aren't I? Turn around."

After we were confident that all the sand was off of us, we returned to the house and had some dinner. As we sat down, I contemplated on what Victor had told me when we were at the beach. Thinking back to all those months ago, I was absolutely shocked, but hearing Victor tell me what I subconsciously felt.......it made me warm, and fuzzy, and amused. Glimpsing at Victor as he silently ate his meal, I smiled. Somehow, deeply buried inside me, was a shine I never saw because I didn't know it was even there. But Victor, he never needed to do a double-take the first time he saw the video of me performing his routine all those months ago; he awakened the shine in me. Without a second thought, I scooted over to where Victor was sitting and gently wrapped my arms around his waist as my head rested on his shoulder.

"Yuri, can't you see I'm eating?" he teased in a playful tone.

I just smiled and moved closer to him. Lightly pressing his lips on my temple, Victor took my hand and led me to my bedroom. Closing the door behind us, he gestured for me to sit down. Once I was comfortable, Victor laid next me and brushed his hand against mine before holding it.

"Yuri, what were you thinking about earlier?"

"Just about what you said at the beach. I......."

I wanted to say that he was right, that he's always right. And even though we didn't know each other then, he still knew me. I wanted to say all these things, but I felt the words get stuck in my throat. As if he could read my mind, I felt him reach up and hold my cheek in his hand before pressing his lips against my own.

Just like that, he had me under his spell; I wanted it to always stay that way. It didn't last long,though. It was fine. As long as there was a next time. Pulling back, Victor rubbed my shoulders fondly, never once breaking eye contact with me.

"Yuri, I really think we should get back on the ice tomorrow".

As soon as he had said it,I could already envision myself back on the ice, with Victor's eyes locked on me the entire time; one of the things I've only ever dreamed about, now reality.

"Yeah, that'd be a great idea".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️

This is my first piece of work, so if you see any mistakes or something that might need work, please comment that too. I'd really appreciate it. 😊