Chapter #24

Chris's Pov

Huddled on a couch in the corner, Victor had his long arms draped around me as I tried to stop shivering. The strange thing was that it wasn't even cold, though. I had turned on the heater an hour ago, but I still couldn't control myself. Pulling me closer against him, Victor buried his head into the crook of my neck and let his warm breath settle on my skin.

 For a moment, my shivering wasn't so serious anymore. Victor must have realized this the same time as I did, because I began to notice how consistent his breathing was becoming as it spread over my skin. The shiver never fully went away, but what Victor was doing helped make it tolerable. 

Closing my eyes to relish the moment of being together, I began to think of Yuri, but didn't worry too much. I know that Yuri and I are still not as close as I wish we were, but I was grateful that he was so understanding of my situation.

 Nevertheless, Victor still suggested that Yuri relax in the other room until he's had a chance to calm my nerves a bit and make sure I'm at least a little less distressed. I would never want to make Yuri feel uncomfortable or even worse, jealous from the attention that Victor was giving me, but at the same time, I really needed him right now. Squeezing my arms, I felt him leave a small kiss right behind my ear. He he.....Victor is always such a tease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri's Pov

Listening to music as I read a book that Chris had given me earlier, my mind kept wandering to what Chris and Victor were up to. I know that Victor told me that he needed time alone with Chris, and I understood that, so what could they possibly be doing that requires me to wait in another room for a whole hour? 

Maybe I'm being unreasonable. Suppose I walked into what would appear a very compromising situation? Without the slightest chance of an explanation from either of them, I would just assume the worst and Victor would never be able to forgive himself for something that was never going to happen.

 Maybe I should just trust how Victor feels about me and stay here until Victor says it's OK to come out. Turning up the music on my earphones, I closed my eyes and tried to avert my attention to something else.

'Flashback'

Victor and I were standing in a low-lit church. We weren't alone, though. There was a small choir of carolers a few feet away singing hymns. I was so nervous in that moment. I had never given Victor a gift like this before, never felt these feelings with such intensity. 

It made me feel like I was sweating, and shaking, and writhing, and gasping for air; I guess that's what this feeling feels like. Sliding the golden ring on Victor's finger, I already knew that my voice would sound like its quivering, but I still needed to at least try to get out what I wanted to tell him.

"Thank you, Victor, for everything you've done. I-I wanted to get you something, and this was the best thing I could think of. Anyway! I'll do my best from tomorrow on, so t-tell me something," I stammered. I must have sounded like a blubbering mess to him; I was literally on the verge of tears by the way I was going, but surprisingly, I didn't. Reaching for my hand, Victor slid an identical ring onto my finger.

"Ok. I'll tell you something that you won't even have to think about.. Tomorrow, skate in a way that's true to yourself, show me a program that makes you proud."

As if someone flicked a switch in me, I couldn't help but smile. It was exactly what I needed.

''End of Flashback'

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again, Victor was lying beside me brushing a hand through my hair. "Victor!" I exclaimed, not expecting him to be here. Last time I checked, he was in the living room with Chris.

 I didn't want Chris to have a panic attack because Victor wasn't there; was Chris going to be alright? As if Victor read my mind, he grazed a finger ever so lightly against my cheek before pressing his lips against it.

"Don't worry, Yuri. Chris will fine," he solemnly told me as his hand moved against my chest soothingly.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I laid back on my pillow again so I could properly enjoy the attention I was receiving.  Just as Victor draped an arm around my waist, I smoothed down his hair and closed my eyes. 

Just like a fawn needs to be urged into walking by its mother, we all needed each other to get through this. Don't worry, Victor. I'm not going anywhere.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

So I've just now realized how short this chapter is, I guess this is my attempt at trying to add drama to my story. I still love Chris so much!! Please comment below what you love most about Chris in my story, and  I will be sure to get back to you!

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️

I've recently been trying to edit my work to make it more easier to read, spacing paragraphs out and thing like that. If you happen to see any spelling mistakes, please comment them below so I can change them. ❤️