Chapter #12

Victor's Pov
    Hearing footsteps leave my room, I carefully opened my eyes. When I was somewhat awake, Yuri was still lying next to me. Did I imagine it? Crawling out of bed quietly so I wouldn't disturb Yuri, I followed the sound of footsteps to where I believed they went. Entering the hallway, they stopped, and I faintly started to think that maybe I was imaging it. Just as I was about to go back to bed, it started up again. Looking down at my feet, what once were snowy footprints were now puddles of water with some clumps of snow. Is it snowing outside? I thought it wasn't supposed to snow for a couple more days.

                  Opening the front door, I was immediately hit with a blast of cold air, accompanied by flurries and bits of snow. Stepping onto the snow in my sandals, my feet sunk a lot more than I had thought they would, but I kept moving. Shivering, I kept walking through the snow. It was as if I didn't have control of myself, because I couldn't force myself to turn around.

                  I began to head to Ice Castle. I don't know why I didn't think of putting on warmer shoes, but it was too late to go back now;I was already so close. Once I made it to the rink, I stood behind the fence and looked over the ice. For as long as I've known, I've lived and breathed the ice;always confident that I would bewilder everyone that watched me.

                  But now I can't surprise anyone; I need to find that passion again. Pulling on a pair of skates, I got on the ice and let myself get taken away. As I prepared for a triple loop, I lost my balance and landed on my back, my ankle making a sickening noise. Trying to stand, I cried out in pain instead before collapsing on the cold, hard ice.

"Aah!" I wheezed,waking up in a cold sweat. Wiping off the sweat with the back of my hand. I looked down to find a worried Yuri looking back up at me, his eyes glistening with concern and distress.
"Victor, what's wrong?"
Reaching under my bed, Yuri found a cotton cloth and used it to wipe my forehead. After sitting up, he took my hand in his and helped me sit up as well.

"What did you dream about?"
"If anything,it was more of a nightmare..."
Before I could say any more, Yuri scooped me into a hug, but that's not what really moved me, though. Within a few moments, I felt my shirt getting slightly wet as Yuri ran his hands up and down my back. Some time after that, even for only a minute, I felt him shudder beneath me. Pulling away, I held his face in my hands and stared into his teary eyes. Before I could say something to comfort him, he stopped me.

"Victor, when you hurt, it hurts me too. Just knowing that you went through something painful by yourself, affects me. I know you're strong enough to withstand anything that comes your way, but you don't have to do it alone. I'm here," he said softly. Gently pulling me back down to the pillow, he caressed my arms, his eyes never leaving my own. We stayed like that for about an hour before Yuri offered to make breakfast. With his hand laced in mine, I trailed behind him as we made our to the kitchen. I offered to help, but he declined so I opted to watch him instead.
" Yuri, I've been thinking, as pleasant as all this has been, you know I can't stay here forever." Knowing that I hit a nerve, I watched his shoulders slump over the frying pan as I waited for his response.
"I know."

Staring as he prepared a plate for us, he set mine before me before sitting down, dejection written all over his face.
"Let me rephrase. Yuri, I made you a promise, one that I plan on keeping, but I'd much rather prefer to keep it on my own terms." I knew that this would spike Yuri's interest, because I saw a faint spark in his eyes.
"Victor, what are you trying to say?"
"Yuri, You're coming to stay with me,"I said, holding his chin in my fingers. "Did you really think I could leave without you? We are engaged, aren't be? It's only befitting that we stay together."
Pecking his lips only just, I leaned back in my chair, satisfied that I could still cast a spell on him. I knew he liked that idea, because he looked so mesmerized.
"Now,how do you propose we tell your parents?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri's Pov
Playing back the sentence that Victor had just said, I attempted to unjumble the words in my head. When they finally made sense, I shrieked. 

"My parents?! Are you insane?!"
"Yuri,why are you getting so worked up for?"

I really wanted to be calm, but Victor was so oblivious, I just didn't know how to not freak out. Taking a sip of my grape juice, I tried to get it together.
"How long before we have to leave?"

"Well,I thought we could leave in two weeks, that gives us three weeks to come up with two new routines before competitions. If it helps, the sooner we tell them,the better. Why so hesitant? Do you think they'll disapprove of me?"
"When I turned 20,there was this girl-

        "Oh! There was a girl!! Yuri! You've been holding out on me!!"
Sighing, I really wished Victor would stop getting these bursts of excitement at the wrong times.
"Victor, it wasn't like that. She liked me, but I could never share the same sentiment. My parents knew about her, and immediately thought we would end up together. When we didn't, it's like they were disappointed in me, so I just started avoiding girls after that." 

" Yuri, I can't imagine that was an easy time for you, but I don't want you to keep lying to them like this either," he empathized with me. Holding my hands in his, he squeezed them.
"No matter what you decide, my feelings are constant;we will leave together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi!! If you liked this chapter, please give it a vote! That would mean so so much to me.

I would also really appreciate any comment that you have in mind. Thanks.... ❤️