Chapter 31

Author's note

Hi!! To everyone that reads my story, thankyou so much!! I don't even know if what I'm writing is any good, but I know that I definitely enjoy writing it. I want to give a huge shout out to @-arae- he recently made a new book cover for me for my story Inspired, and I really think it's so awesome!! Please go and check out his stories and show him some love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri's Pov

Stretching out underneath the blankets, I didn't even need to open my eyes because I hadn't even gotten a wink of sleep last night. Throughout the late hours of the night, all I could think about was that I was getting back on the ice.

The only thing that was different about this time was that I would have two coaches this time, well sort of. Chris would also join us on the ice to train, as well as supervise what Victor and I would be working on today. It was invigorating just thinking about it, but it also gave me anxiety as well.

Chuckling to myself, it amused me how easily Chris could make me blush just by the way he looked at me. I shook my head at Chris' endless pursuit to get me to admit how I felt about the effect he had on me. If I'm being honest, I never wanted to admit it to myself because I didn't want to have to feel guilty over his advances.

Looking back at the few occasions where we were together, I realize that I may have taken it a bit too seriously. Now I know that he only acted that way not to annoy me, but because he was only teasing me, and inadvertently helping me, even if he never knew it himself. He cared about me, in a way I didn't expect him to.

Climbing out of bed, I stretched out once more before leaving my bedroom to take a shower, bumping into Chris along the way.

"Mmmh...Good morning Yuri,"he yawned as he reached out for my hand to hold in in his own. "How did you sleep?"

"I slept alright. What about you?" I replied as I tightened my grip around the hand that held mine. Should I tell him? Should I admit what he's always wanted to hear from me?

"Not long enough. I wish I could go back to bed, I feel like I'm coming down with a headache. Will you come back to my room and give me a massage, Yuri?" He whined as he gently pulled me back to his bedroom.

Once we were in front of his bed, he sat down on his bed and gestured for me to sit behind him so I could give him the massage. Obliging, I sat down with my knees on either side of his waist and started massaging his neck and shoulders first.

"Chris, I have something to tell you..." I spoke, surprising myself. 'Where did that even come from?'I mentally exclaimed as I tried to get a grip. It was like I didn't have control over what I didn't want to say; the words just spilled out, and now I had no choice but to keep going.

"Yeah, what do want to tell me?" he mumbled dreamily as his breathing got slower and relaxed.

"I, well...I" I stammered, very embarrassed with myself. No way was I doing this, I repeated over and over in my head as I tried biting my tongue to prevent me from saying anymore.

He must have sensed how jittery I was, because he slowly motioned for me to stop before turning around and looking at me with his silver-flaked, hazel eyes.

"Yuri, you don't have to be so nervous around me."He assured me as he reached out to hold both my hands. Taking a deep breath,I looked back up at him.

"Chris,since that first time we started getting to know each other better..."I hesitated, twiddling his long fingers together with own."I couldn't stop thinking about you." I blurted out. "Even when it was just Victor and me, even if it was just for a moment, I would always wonder what you were doing right then. Wondering if someone was making you happy that day, or if you were by yourself, thinking about me. I would never have told you if I wasn't sure about how I felt about you, but I need to be honest with you, and with myself. I don't expect anything to change between us, but I know you always sensed I felt like this, so I wanted to come clean. Now you know. I won't deny it anymore."
Before I could figure out what to say next, I felt Chris' lips on mine, his arms on either side of my waist, hinting for me to come closer. His lips were so soft and sweet, that I almost never wanted it to end. Hesitantly, I inched closer to him and laid a hand on his chest, still in disbelief that this was really happening.