The Luna's Last Choice

By deehdoe

Daniel Wood is the Alpha of the Bluewood pack. He has one goal in life and that is to never repeat his father... More

1. The Bluewood wolves
2. What the Wolves think
3. Is this what it feels like?
4. The definition of First Love
5. Her Alpha
6. Monster
7. Her farewell gift
8. May I sit here?
9. Knight in shining Armour
10. Bluewood
11. The Unexpected Welcome
13. The other face of Daniel Wood.
14. The Lake
15. His Luna
16. Burn
17. What happened, you ask?
18. You only ever loved me.
19. Priorities & Questions
20. The Beta's Answers
21. The Elder's Tale
22. Set you free.
23. The mistress's claim.
24. The Perfect Night.
25. Bargains and Deals.
26. The Wood brothers.
27. All her pleasure and her pain.
28. The scent of the forbidden.
29. His claim.
30. Her Weakness
31. Payback
32. Flowers and Time-outs
33. A tale in White Roses
34. Confession of a liar.
35. The beginning of an end.
36. A whole heart.
37. Worthy of the truth.
38. The Alpha's Countdown
39. Half a Victory.
40. Done with the worst?
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

12. The stranger's home

34K 1.3K 47
By deehdoe

"I don't think coming here was the best idea" I smiled awkwardly trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart" Aunt Eva cried "I don't know what's got into him these days. We are so ashamed..."

"I'll call your dad" Alpha Liam sighed next to her.

"No" I said a little too quickly "If dad knows, Alex will know and he's already stressed out. I'll just tell them that the weather didn't suit me"

"I was so happy you were coming to spend time with us" Aunt Eva said slowly.

"You can always come visit me" I assured her.

"You don't hate us, do you?" she asked with hope filled eyes.

"We are both all right, aren't we?" I smiled at her "You guys didn't let anything happen to us. Please don't feel guilty"

The one who should be apologizing isn't even here. Its morning and Luc's going to drop me off at my parents' place. I can't stay another moment at a place where my child's unsafe. I can't direct my anger at people who didn't do anything but rush to my defense. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I always knew coming here would be a bad idea.

"I'll send a team to your place. We'll see if we can arrange having the baby at home" Alpha Liam said.

I smiled gratefully at him even though I knew it wasn't feasible. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I walked to the car where Luc was waiting for me. He had some major stiches placed on him and a few minor bone cracks. He healed overnight.

This is it. That's all I came back for, a day and a half of uncertainty and confusion. And I was going back to a place where the uncertainty of my husband finding out my secrets will loom over me.

My steps halted on their own when a familiar scent drifted towards me. My hands went to my bump involuntarily. Luc was out of the car and stood in front of me so did the rest of the family.

I watched him as he walked towards us, his resolute gaze fixed on me. I cowered further into Luc.

"He's here to apologize" Luc assured me. Dan probably mind linked them because they all visibly relaxed even though none of them moved.

It did nothing to sooth my fear. The intensity in his gaze scared me. There had been a lot of things I once felt for Dan but fear wasn't one of them. Today however, I'm afraid of what he's going to do more so for my unborn child. The man walking towards me is not the Daniel I knew, he's a stranger. The way he's looking at me is alien to me. I can't figure his intentions out.

I hardened my gaze and gritted my jaws together making sure he knows how I feel about the stunt he pulled last night. His gaze softened as if drawn out of a trance. He turned his attention to his father.

"I need to talk to her" he told him.

Alpha Liam nodded "Go ahead" he said without moving.

"Alone"

I gasped at that. The events of the previous night rushed into my memory "No" I almost screamed. His eyes snapped to me. I stubbornly refused to look at the pain and sadness in them.

"She's scared" Luc spoke for me "It'll probably be safe for her this way"

"I will not harm her" he told Luc authoritatively, Luc squirmed but didn't give in. He was still not talking to me, not apologizing.

"She's traumatized Dan" Aunt Eva said cautiously "Your wolf was about to attack her. It'll be better this way"

"Luc can stay" he told them.

Aunt Eva looked at me and I in turned looked at him. His eyes were the same shade of forest green that I remember. It's him, not his wolf. He wouldn't harm us. He knows me. I nodded.

Luc could hold onto him enough for the others to rush in right? I need to know why he did what he did and if this is the only way then I'll take it. Moreover, what could he possibly do now that we are out in the open?

The Alphas left one by one leaving the three of us. I'm sure they will be close. Dan looked pointedly at Luc who took a step away from me to let Dan take his spot.

He stepped forward and I involuntarily took one back. He grimaced at that.

"This isn't...." he started "I.....No amount of apology can suffice for what I did yesterday. I don't know how to start" His hoarse voice told me that he doesn't use it that often.

I narrowed my eyes "You tried to kill me and my child. You can start there"

He winched at that and gritted his jaws together. I took another step back.

He realized his mistake and softened his stance "I could never harm you, Reanna" he said softly "And I would never in my right mind, hurt someone precious to you"

I scoffed "I don't think you remember last night"

"I remember" he said "And I will remember every bit of it for the rest of my life. I could have killed you, how can I forget that" I was taken aback by the venom in his voice. Why would he do something he regrets so much? "I know my explanation probably wouldn't justify what I did but I would still want you to hear it"

Will his explanation justify what he did? No. Do I still want to know? Yes.

"I was really tired last night" he continued "So much that I lost my senses and let my wolf take over. I didn't realize where he was taking me until I broke open your door"

"Your lack of control could have killed us" I gritted out angrily.

"It would have had I lost total control" he said "I know you would believe me but fought with the last ounce of strength in me. The only reason you could move out of the bed before I pounced and the only reason Luc could divert my path was because I wanted them to happen"

I turned to Luc for confirmation and he nodded.

"Are you saying I had no real threat and I'm just acting up?" I asked angrily.

"I never said that" he replied calmly "I did hurt you in my conflict with my wolf. It was a volatile moment for us and we dragged you into it. I'm sorry"

"My child could have died" I reminded him

"I wouldn't have let it get to that believe me" his eyes looked desperate but his stance didn't show any of it. He looked truly like an alpha who was confident in his capabilities. I almost believed him.

"I would have believed it" I told him "But my stakes are way too high here. I appreciate you coming over to apologize, you being the Alpha and all" he looked ashamed at that "But I'm a mother and no amount of apology or excuse from you will make me think lightly of yesterday. I hope you understand"

He nodded "I understand"

"Thank you. I'll get going then" I said and turned to walk away. I was shaking and I wanted to move away from him before he notices that. Why am I so emotionally charged up? It feels like a river of grief flowing through me. The emotions are so misplaced and all over the place. It's probably the pregnancy hormones.

A firm hold on my wrist stopped me and my entire being turned stone cold. I looked down at his hold on me curiously. He realized that and quickly pulled his hand back.

"You can't leave" he declared.

I frowned "What do you mean?"

"The baby" he sounded uncomfortable "Dad informed me of your situation. You should stay here. You wouldn't find a better alternative"

"I don't feel safe anymore" I told him honestly.

He gritted his jaws together "You wouldn't have any more trouble from my end"

"It's not just about you. I guess I didn't take into account the risks associated with this. It could have been someone other than you too" I said.

"I will not let anyone touch you" he promised, his eyes hardened in fierce determination.

"I ca_" I started.

"This is your best bet Anna" Luc said "You'll stress yourself out if you go back. He wouldn't do it again. If you can't trust him, trust me"

I looked back and forth between the two brothers. I don't want to be here but beggars aren't choosers and I'm desperate here. Dan said his wolf....wait......

"You never said what brought you there in my room in the first place" I accused Dan.

He was taken aback by my suddenness "I......" He looked like he was thinking back to find the answer "I couldn't place the new scent" he finally said.

"You mean you didn't recognize my scent?" I asked unsurely.

He nodded "It was mixed with...." His words drifted off after that.

"But we informed you" I said. He should have place two and two together even if he forgot my scent.

"Like I said" he cleared his throat awkwardly "I wasn't in my senses"

I nodded.

"So you are staying?" Luc asked.

"It's okay" Dan said "You can take your time and think things over. For now, why don't you go in" he said pointing at the mansion.

Before I could think or say another word, I found Luc pull me towards the house.

"Reanna" Dan called from behind us where he stood at the other end of the drive way.

"Yes" I found myself replying obediently as I looked back. It was probably the alpha thing he's got going that forces everyone to obey.

"Thank you for coming back" He smiled softly "Welcome home" He said before walking away.

.

"Whoa! Did he just smile?" Luc said more to himself than me as we walked inside the mansion. I raised a brow at that. "I haven't seen one of those in years" Luc explained.

I looked away silently.

"I know what he did isn't easy to forgive Anna" Luc said misunderstanding my discomfort "but he was telling the truth. He let me pull him with me away from you. It was easier because he was already tilting away from you when I jumped in" he explained "I still don't understand why his wolf reacted so violently though" he said as an afterthought.

"He said he didn't recognize my scent" I reminded him.

"But that so unlike Dan" he mused "I think his condition is more severe than we thought" his words were now directed to Alpha Liam whose face darkened at the idea.

I looked at the worried faces of the otherwise happy family and realized the depth of their sorrow. I am not the only one who has trouble recognizing the new Daniel; he was a stranger to his own family too.

______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 742 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...
1.6M 51.5K 41
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **Mature Content** Rylan Cooper was different from the other little boys and girl...
231K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
83.5K 3.2K 27
luna Harper is an amazing strong minded women. she loves her children lucy and damien and would do anything for them. she is very caring, sweet and a...