The Demon Within

By iwhalealwaysloveyou

McKenzie Parker has a lot on her plate like the average high school student. But one unfortunate day at a din... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Macaroni :3 (Sorry I'm really hungry right now)
Chapter 4... I think??
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter *insert next number here because I have no idea*
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 14

828 40 8
By iwhalealwaysloveyou

I went downstairs and ate steak hoping with each stair I climbed Thayne would be there. I opened my door and disappointment filled me. I took a shower and went to bed , I didn’t see Thayne for a week. A whole week.

Needless to say, I was miserable. I had barley eaten or slept.

I took a well-deserved hot shower and pulled on his t-shirt I stole, it still had small traces of his scent on it and that’s the only thing that made me sleep I slept at all.

“Thayne!” I said shocked he was standing in my room, I rushed over to him throwing my arms around him, he stiffly hugged me back, a little too tight but I’m not complaining. I let go of him when the warmth in my chest finally returned.

“Where have you been? Why haven’t you come to see? What the fuck is wrong with you? Why can’t you just stop in for a few minutes, I’m sure you get fucking small breaks in between your work. Why the hell would you leave for that long?” I asked getting angry.

“I was busy,” he told.

“You were busy?” I repeated.

“You. Were. Busy.” I said again.

“Busy enough that you ignored my entire existence for a week?” I asked raising my voice. The hell is wrong with him? Does he not understand the concept of mates?

“Do you understand the concept of mates? Mates means that my emotional and physical stability is based solely on you” I told him. “And when you fucking disappear off the face of the fucking earth, I’m miserable. I don’t eat or sleep or talk and it sucks!” I yelled.

“You’re really beautiful” he told me, I couldn’t decide what to say there were so many things running through my mind I just couldn’t speak.

“Wow your timing to finally compliment my physical appearance is great Thayne” I said and stalked and turned my light off and aggressively fixed my blankets before throwing myself down and turning over.

Suddenly Thayne was right in front of my face, “I don’t compliment you because it’s really hard for me to tell you things I think you’re obvious to. I didn’t think anything about telling you something I thought you already knew, I think you’re the most beautiful, gorgeous creature ever created. I haven’t come to see you to keep you safe” he told me.

“Do you mind elaborating?” I asked.

“Some… powerful demons have taken an interest in you” he said hardly clenching his jaw.

“James and Quinn?” I asked, he nodded.

“So how does staying away from me make me more safe than you being with me in case they decide to pop up?” I asked him, he blinked.

“I guess staying here would’ve been more logical,” he said.

“Oh really?” I said sarcastically, his lips curved into a smile, and my breath caught in my throat.

“Night” I said quietly past ready for sleep. I’ve had about 8 hours of sleep for the past week and it’s giving me killer headaches.

“McKenzie”

“Hm?” I replied.

“Can we… Can we cuddle?” he asked hesitantly, I laughed and moved closer bury my head in his neck, he grabbed my waist setting me on top of him connecting his hands behind the small of my back.

I woke up in the same position but my hands were under Thayne’s shirt. I found the energy to sit up so I was straddling him and slide my hands back down his rock chest stopped on his abs because I am a chick, my mate has abs, and I can.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked yawning.

“10 hours” he answered, I groaned.

“That isn't enough” I grumbled climbing off him.

“Where are you going?” he asked I could detect a small amount of disappointment in his voice.

I stood up, “get up” I said, he gave me questioning look but did as told. I lifted the hem of his shirt, handing it to him, since I was small and couldn’t pull his shirt over his head because he was so tall.

I started tugging at his belt “What are you doing?” he asked me.

“I’m taking your pants off” I said pulling his belt off and throwing it on the floor and unbuttoning his jeans

‘Why are you doing that?” he asked me, I looked up at him and his eyes were wide.

“We aren't having sex, I just want you to be comfortable for the next 10 hours” I told him and a look of relief washed over his face.

“Oh…” he said.

“Unless you want to keep them on?” I suggested, he shook his head and helped me pull them off before climbing back in bed with me.

“Thayne” I said drowsily.

“Yes?” he answered.

“Take me to your room” I told me and felt my stomach drop before my legs hit cold sheets. I snuggled closer to him and drifted back to sleep.

I woke up the second time with my thigh strewn over his torso and my head on his chest with my hand on his bare chest.

“Morning love” I said feeling him stiffen underneath me.

“good morning?” he replied with like he was second guessing himself.

“you don’t ever get bored when I’m asleep?” I asked him.

“No, sometimes you talk or growl or if you’re having a nightmare when you fight it you fist your hands in my shirt or grip the sheets, or if you’re scared you get closer to me like ill protect” he told me. I always knew I dreamed but I always forget my dreams when I wake up so I never remember them.

“What do I talk about?” I asked him, Cole said I talked in my sleep but he never remembered what I had said because he went back to sleep and didn’t remember in the morning.

“most of the time you just babble about random things” he told me.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Well a couple hours ago you said that you liked it when I didn’t have clothes on. And you talk about cars a lot. Stuff I’ve never heard before like I think you said transaxle and then connecting rod or something of that sort” he said

“No the transaxle comes after the connecting rod” I said.

“What is that?” he asked me.

“It’s transfer power” I told him, he still didn’t understand “it’s the process that takes the gas you put in your car to your wheels” I said.

“You know how that works?” he asked me.

“Yeah it’s pretty simple it starts at the gas tank and then goes to the fuel pump, carborater, pistons, connecting rod, crank shaft, input shaft, transmission, output shaft, dry shaft, transaxle…” I trailed off seeing that I pretty much lost him after gas tank.

“Thayne, does your demon have a name?” I asked, tracing the ridges of his V and defined abs.

“What?” he asked.

“Your demon, does he have a name? I mean my wolf has a name I was just wondering if your demon did” I said curiously.

“You ask a lot of questions do you know that?” he said.

“I know you tell me all the time,” I said focusing more on his abs than his voice.

“McKenzie with great names comes great power,” he told me.

“I know” I replied.

“Who told you that?” he asked me.

“Quinn did,” I answered.

“My demon’s name is Lucian” he told me. It was pronounced Lu-shin. Weird. But oddly Thayne and Lucian go good together.

“My wolf’s name is Katara,” I offered.

“I’ve never heard that name before” he said thoughtfully.

“I’ve never heard either of your names before either” I replied tracing one of his many tribal tattoos.

“Thayne” I said timidly sitting up crossing my legs.

“Yes?” he answered.

“Do you think it’s weird we sleep together but have never kissed?” I asked, every muscle in his body went rigid and he sat up.

“No” he replied his voice sounding strained.

“Did you read that book?” I asked him.

“McKenzie why would you ask me something like that?” he asked me.

“I was just curious” I defended.

“Does it bother you that we don’t kiss?” he asked me, I shrugged.

“Not really”

“Does it bother you that we sleep together?” he asked me.

“Well… technically, you don’t sleep, but no I can't sleep unless you're there with me” I told him.

“It doesn’t bother you that we don’t hold hands, or kiss or have sex at all?” he asked me.

“Well… it doesn’t bother me, I mean sometimes I wish we could do those things but I really don’t-“ he cut me off by swiftly placing his lips on mine. Every pore and nerve in my body was bursting with electricity and it was by far the greatest feeling I have ever had.

His lips were so soft and warm and molded to mine perfectly. I reached up running my hands through his hair. My heart was beating so fast I was afraid it would stop completely and small shocks of pleasure were filling me to the brim. My stomach twisted in knots and my lungs were burning for oxygen but I didn’t want to pull away. He took my face in between his hands and pulled away, I gasped for air.

My head was spinning and not from lack of oxygen, my chest as filled with a warm fuzzy feeling and I was on cloud 9. I felt high.

I felt like I had just smoked an acre of weed. I literal acre, I fell back landing on his pillow letting out a sigh of content hearing his chuckle. That was enough to put me in a good mood for the rest of the century.

I sat there thinking about how I really really wanted to that about 60 times a day for the rest of my existence.

“What are you thinking about?” Thayne asked me quietly.

“How I want to do that 60 times a day for the rest of my life” I told him, he laid next to me an I snuggled closer  him, he froze.

“McKenzie” he said in a warning voice.

“I love cuddling with you and I really love kissing you but I have little self control and I may need a moment to collect myself” he told me.

“Okay” I said and backed away watching his bare chest rise and fall and watching him close his eyes in concentration. I couldn’t stop myself from reaching over and lightly tracing the soft lines of his thick muscled biceps and tracing the tattoos covering his arm.

He stiffened “Sorry” I said pulling my finger away.

“You have no idea how amazing that feels” he said his eyes still closed, I resumed my feather light tracing enjoying the small tingles that shocked my whole body just from the small contact the pad of my finger was making with his skin.

“Thayne”

“Yes?” he answered lowly.

“What would you do if I told you I loved you?” I asked.

              ******************

It only took 14 damned chapters for them to kiss!!!

So I have a small deal to make with you guys- I have recently entered a short story in a contest it's called "Beyond the Wall" , it's in my works and it's 3 pages so it wont take that long to read, and I'll say for every 2/3 votes it gets I'll update this story- I mean I'm going to update anyways, the update might just be faster this way.    

If people start cussing me out for the idea of the deal I'm seriously going to hire Wolverine to hunt you down and finger you- I'm not even kidding. 

Anyways LOVE YOU byeeeee 

Btw I really love you guys because it's 7:40 am where I live and I havent slept at all in two days- so... that is love ladies and gents

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.1K 32
"I'll make a deal with you"I said smiling sadisticly and slowly walking towards him. "wh-who are you"the Alpha said. "Oh you know your usual run in d...
2.9M 98.9K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...
345K 17.6K 85
Book 1 - His Mate Book 2 - His Mate: The Demon King An unexpected union. Hatred turned to love. Mysteries arose. History explained. Unexpected figh...
7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...