Chapter 5

“Where are you going?” I asked jogging to catch up with him, he didn't answer just kept walking. I didn't know if where we were going was cold or if it was just getting closer to him that was colder.

I eventually got level with him, and he wasn’t cold at all, in face he put off a lot of body heat and I was standing about 3 feet away.

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

“You ask a lot of questions” he stated.

“And you can't seem to answer any” I retorted.

He stopped and I did too looking from him to in front of me. It was a house. Well more like a mansion.

“is this your house?’ I questioned openly gaping at it.

“This is where I work” he answered.

“Where do you live?” I asked.

“I stay here” he replied.

“Then where do you sleep?” I asked tearing my eyes from the huge house to him.

“I don’t sleep” he stated.

“Ever?” I asked, he nodded.

“Why not?” I asked.

“I’m a demon I don’t require sleep” he said bitterly, I bit my lip. Did I make him mad? Still curiosity got the better of me.

“Can you sleep?” I asked, he sighed and looked over at me.

“Can you stop asking so many questions?” he snapped at me looking thoroughly annoyed.  

“I was just curious” I said quietly looking at the ground, him being irritated with me hurt a lot more than I wanted to give credit for.

He sighed and tucked his finger under my chin forcing me to look at him; I tried not to look hurt. I was McKenzie fucking Parker. I don’t have feelings. I eat sheets of metal for breakfast.

“I’m not accustom to carrying on conversations, it wasn’t my intention to hurt you” he told me, god what were in 23 AD? Why did he have to use such big words? I stayed silent.

“No it’s physically impossible for me to fall unconscious” he answered me dropping his hand walking toward the house.

“So if it decked you right now really hard you wouldn’t get knocked out?” I concluded.

“No” he answered.

“So what do you do at night? When every ones sleeping. ” I asked.

“I work” he replied.

“So you always work? Like 24/7?” I asked.

“yes” he answered.

“Do you take off for holidays like Christmas?” I asked, he found that extremely amusing.

“No I don’t take off for Jesus’ supposed birthday, I’m a demon I work for the other team” he told me.

“So you work for… him” I asked flicking my eyes down and giving a small nod down as he opened the front door and the smell of burnt wood and death hit my nose, I tried not to crinkle my nose in disgust.

“Yes” he answered hardly.

“Have you ever met him like in person?” I asked.

“Yes” he answered.

“Was he scary?” I asked.

 He stayed silent for a few moments “yes” he finally answered once again, I finally stopped and looked around seeing a lot of attractive guys milling around.