Chapter 12

"Thayne you don't want her to see you this, think about it" Alex said and his eyes lightened the smallest.

"We just went to breakfast there wasn't anything here she wanted. I didn't touch her more than necessary, strictly to get her there and back. You don't want her to see this side of you, think of how much you would scare her" Alex said in an amazing calm and smooth voice even thought there was a demon coming out in front of him. I was trembling, I had seen demons turn into demons before and it scared the shit out of me.

"Should I comfort him?" I questioned quietly taking a step forward, hoping he would say no so I didn't have to walk anywhere near Thayne right now. He automatcially put his hand out and gave ema small push back behind him, even though his small push was rough and made me stumled and grab the counter so I didnt fall on the floor. That's going to leave a bruise.

"No" he said under his breath, Thayne's eyes snapped to me and then to my stomach where the already forming bruise was, he looked back at Alex.

Then he vanished. "Where did he go?" I asked.

"He went to go cool off" he told me.

"McKenzie, I know you've been taught to comfort your mate when he's angry or upset, but I dont want you to ever step towards him when he's angry, he's not in control and his demon isn't in love with you like he is. He doesn't understand how fragile you are." he told me turning me around and setting me on the counter. He lifted my shirt up, and pursed his lips.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used-"

"It's fine I can handle a bruise I'm not a little girl" I told him flashing him a small grin. He touched it very gently and it took every ounce of control I had not to flinch.

"It'll be healed in a few hours" I told him waving it off.

"Can I ask you to do me a favor?" I asked him, he nodded.

"You promise you'll do it?" I asked.

"Depends" he answered. Shit.

"Depends on what" I asked.

"Depends on how it affects your well being and your legal reputation" he answered.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I'm not going to help you rob a bank and I'm not going to let you jump off a cliff" he told me his lips twitching to keep from smiling.

"Oh no I wanted you to take my cast off" I said holding it out.

"I'm not going to do that" he told me.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Becasue that effects your well being" he told me.

"But it's annoying me and I dont need it in order to heal" I argued.

"When are you supposed to get it off?" he asked me.

"next week" I replied.

"I think you can live with it that long" he said shrotly and turned around and started walking off. I jumped off the counter and scrambled after him.

"Come on Alex, please I thought you were cool" I said like I was talking my my grandparents into something.

"No" he said and I followed him upstairs into Thayne's office.

"Come on Alex please, you would be my the best friend ever please" I begged, and then looked aorund.

"Where's Thayne?" I asked looking around finding nothing but his old desk, black chair and piles of books everywhere.