Chapter 8

“what shirt?” I asked.

“The shirt you’re wearing” my dad growled.

“oh this shirt?” I asked pointing at it.

“yes that shirt” he replied getting annoyed.

“Psh, dad it’s Cole’s” I told him.

“That’s not my shirt” Cole said, why could he just agree?

“That shirt is way too big to be Cole’s” my dad said narrowing his eyes at me.

“I think it’s your shirt dad” I said knowing he was the only one big enough in this house hold to even think about wearing this shirt, even though it might be a little big for him too.

“It doesn’t look or smell like my shirt, it smells like a male’s cologne why is that McKenzie?” my dad asked.

“uh… I don’t know” I replied.

“Where were you last night?” he asked me.

“Asleep?” I said questionably.

“Did anyone happen to be asleep with you?” he asked.

“Jase I bought that shirt a while back, stop interrogating her” my mom told him coming into the kitchen. I mouthed a thank you to her and she winked at me before kissing my dad’s cheek and leaving.

It was Sunday, I went to the living room and hung out with Cole and Jayden before going back upstairs to change. We went to the movies and the drag strip before getting home for dinner.

“hey mom” I said walking into the kitchen and kissing her check.

“is your extra friendly demon friend coming back to spend the night?” she asked me.

“what?” I asked kind of shocked she was being so casual about me sleeping with a demon.

“I just need to know if I'm going to have to distract you dad or not, and could you help me out a little and not wear his fucking shirt down to breakfast?” she asked, “it would be greatly appreciated” she added.

“I don’t- I don’t know” I replied.

“okay well dinner will be ready in a few minutes” she told me as my dad walked into the kitchen, I went and sat at the table where Noah and Isaac were already seated. My dad kissed my mom’s mark slipping his hand under her shirt holding her waist. I wanted my relationship to be like that.

Oh wait my mate’s an overly distant demon who doesn’t know how to care or love people. That’s right. Must have slipped my mind. Oops.

She turned around and he picked her small figure up setting her on the counter and she tangled her fingers in his hair. I looked away feeling as if I was intruding on their small moment. My parents really loved each other. They actually waited to mate for like a year until they fell in complete love with each other. They may yell at each other and my mom may curse my dad out or punch him in the face or throw him out of the porch when it’s 20 below and snow is covering the ground (long story) but they loved each other. A lot.

They made the love most mates had for each other look like puppy love. Molly came in a set the table like the innocent good child she was while my mom and dad disappeared to somewhere.

They came back after a few minutes of probably making out in the bathroom or pantry and my mom set dinner on the table and we ate. Of course, Alexis, Reese, and Logan were over.

‘So does anyone have any big announcements?” my mom asked casting a glance towards Isaac.

He cleared his throat “I found my mate today” he said and Eden, Reese, Alexis and Molly all started asking questions and cheering. I just congratulated him and Cole and I were talking about the senior prank we had yet to come up with. It had to be the best prank we’ve done all year because it would be our last.