Chapter 6

I woke up and got up and get ready for school, I got there early and the day went by in a quiet blur. That's how every day went, for months. For months I went to school during the day at night I trained or partied, I got back into my normal routine of going out with the guys and working on cars or Friday night football games.

I was fine, I didn't need him. He was a memory. A memory I had blocked from ever entering my mind again. I took him and the few memories I had and locked them away never to consume my thoughts again.

'hey McKenzie" Cole said lowly.

"What do you call a fake noodle?" he asked.

"What?" I asked confused, what was he talking about?

"An impasta" he told me, and I burst into laughter causing everyone at the table to look at me.

"Sorry" I said covering my mouth but still laughing, Cole was coughing beside me to cover his laughter from my outburst.

"So Alexis" my mom said putting on a fake smile. Gabriel and Alexis had finally mated and my mom hated her. Like a lot.

"What do you like to do besides my son?" my mom asked and I choked on my beer spitting it out bursting into another fit of laughter. Cole was having the same dilemma next to me. Have I ever told you how much I loved my mother?

"mom!" Gabriels said as dad said "Kayden!"

'Excuse me" I said swallowing my laughter and then left and went outside taking my beer with me, Cole following, the second the back door was closed I was laughing until tears were streaming down my face.

"oh my god I love mom" I said sitting down my back against the wall, he sat down too.

"Did you see her face?" he asked bursting into another fit of laughter making me start laughing again.

Chills rose on my skin as the temperature dropped.

No...

Not now. Please not now. I thought fighting to keep the memories back. I swallowed and got up.

"I'm going inside" I said casting a glance to the dark woods surrounding our house. I didn't see anything but that didn't mean anything wasn't there. I went inside and went up to my room ignoring Cole's constant questioning.

I braced myself going into my room and flicking the light on, I knew he was there before I saw him. I swallowed tears threatening to spill over his presence. I took a deep breath and glared at him closing the door behind me, pressing my back against it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked thankful my voice sounded strong and hard instead of week and insecure.

"I came to see you" he spoke, his voice still made my knees week and my heartbeat quicken. And I hated it, but there wasn't anything I could do about the effect he had on me besides ignore it.

'Why?" I questioned.

"Because it was harder for me to stay away from you than I thought" he answered, I blinked and stayed silent. What the hell did that mean? I crossed my arms over my chest and gritted my teeth.

"You should go" I told him, avoiding his intense gaze.

"is that what you want?" he asked.

"yes" I lied, he didn't move, I took my eyes off the floor and looked at him.

"What are you waiting for? Go." I said.

"I don't believe you" he told me studying me with those stormy grey eyes with flecks of dark blue and green in the sea of greys.