Chapter 13

“Take me back to Thayne” I said holding my hand out, he took it and I closed my eyes and opened them and I was in Thayne’s office. Thayne was standing there his arms crossed over his chest, muscles bulging leaned against his desk jaw clenched waiting.

Thayne glared at Alex as I walked over to him, he pulled me into him chest clutching me close to him and told Alex to leave. He rested his head on my own and I snaked my arms around his waist laying my head on his chest.

I breathed in and my eyes fluttered closed from his amazing scent. He gently turned us around and set me on the desk pulling my shirt up to examine the bruise underneath.

“You should go to a doctor” he told me.

“I already did” I told him, he stared waiting for me to tell him what she said. I didn’t really want to tell him because I knew he would over react and probably kill Alex. And I was fond of Alex.

“She said it was fine just bruised” I lied smoothly, he looked at me for a minute trying to see if I was lying or not.

“I don’t believe you” he told me, and I made the mistake of looking at the floor.

“What did she really say?” he asked me.

“That’s what she said” I told him.

“You’re lying” he said looking into my eyes.

“No I’m not”

“McKenzie I know when you’re lying” he told me.

“I’m not lying!”

“Yes you are”

“Is it broken?” he asked.

“No” I answered, it wasn’t broken it was fractured. Big difference.

“Is it… fractured?” he asked. Shit.

“No” I said a little too forcefully.

“Liar” he stated.

“I’m not lying!” I said convincingly.

“Then why did your heart beat speed up, and why did you bit your lip?” he asked me.

“Because I felt like it” I retorted.

“I’m going to kill him” he told me.

“Don’t”

“McKenzie he hurt you” he told me, I was surprised he was being this calm about it, at least he wasn’t going full demon mode. I could how much he was straining himself right now by his voice.

“I’m you’re going to hurt me if you hurt him” I said soothingly.

He thought about that for a minute “I can live with that” he said, I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm. His eyes didn’t even blink and my hand was stinging, ugh what am I going to do when I’m mad at him?

He disappeared and I started panicking. I sat there in silence waiting patiently for Thayne to return, patience wasn’t one of my strong suites. I listened carefully but couldn’t hear anything unusual until I could smell his cologne and a shower went off close by. I debated on whether I should go find him, and ended up closing the heavy door to his office quietly and wandering the hallways.

“Who are you?” a voice asked and I jumped spinning around seeing a huge guy with crimson colored eyes and dark hair. He looked fucking scary.

“Whose asking?” I replied.

“Cory was right, you do have an attitude” he stated.

“And?” I questioned, as a bad feeling settled in my stomach. The feeling you get when you were doing something you know you aren’t supposed to do.