Fighting Fire With Ice (COMPL...

By _Amahh

Highest Rankings: #3 in #citylife 31/01/2019. #17 in #nigerian 31/01/2019. BASED ON TRUE EVENTS. Desperate ti... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: A Complicated Beginning
Chapter 2: The Wedding 1
Chapter 3: The Groom {Edited}
Chapter 4: The wedding 2 {Edited}
Chapter 5: Tahira Muhammad {Edited}
Chapter 6: Innocent, Naive or Foolish
Chapter 7: In the Game of Chess
Chapter 8: Issues
Chapter 9: Fighting Fire with Fire
Chapter 10: The Opening
Chapter 11: Roses are Red
Chapter 12: The Welcome Home Incident
Chapter 13: Coincidence, Confrontations
Chapter 14: Reflections
Chapter 15: Dear Diary
Chapter 16: Happy Never After
Chapter 17: The Beginning of Trials
Chapter 18: Adeline and Adilah Haasim
Age Profile
Chapter 20: So Much More Than You're Used To
Chapter 21: So Much More Than You're Used to
Chapter 22 : Blindman's Swag
Chapter 23: Pain
Chapter 24: Lost Forever/ Lost but Found
Chapter 25: Conversations
Chapter 26: Played or Betrayed
Chapter 27: Cheated, Betrayed and played
Chapter 28: The Truth Behind the Lies
Chapter 29: I'd Rather Die
Chapter 30: Journey to the Past
Chapter 31: Control {Edited}
Chapter 32 : Destructive Misfortune {Edited}
Chapter 33: Matters Arisen {Edited}
Chapter 34: The Next Seconds {Edited}
Chapter 35: A brother like mine {Edited}
Chapter 36: Regret {Edited}
Chapter 37: Masters of Chess {Edited}
Chapter 38: Aftermath
Chapter 39: Closure
Chapter 40: Forget Old Grudges
Chapter 41 : Mistakes of the present and the Past
Chapter 42: Thoughts
Chapter 43: Face Off 1
Chapter 44: The Breakup
Chapter 45 : Growth
Chapter 46 : Enough
Chapter 47: Delivery
Chapter 48 : Babies are Bae.
Chapter 49: Power
Chapter 50: The End
Epilogue
Apologies

Chapter 19: Trading Places

2.3K 237 12
By _Amahh

Tahira! Tahira!  Who in God's name is this Tahira and why did he have to mention her after every 2 line of conversation. Of course i knew exactly who she was.
"wallahi Tahira ce ma ta tashe ni da wurin 6:40 haka"
"Tahira ta ce fa da asuba Zainab din ta kira ta, ashe she passed out immediately"
"eh i think an kusa mai da ta gida, ni ina kano. Tahira ta ce za su je su dan yi gyara kafin a kai ta"

Urggghh vomit!!! I hate her, i hate this Tahira and how her name was constantly popping up every minute.

I listen to him go on and on, explaining to his friend what had happened to Abdulzahir's bride. What really gets me is not that Tahira  needed to be mentioned in every sentence, but how he seemed to enjoy making references to her.  This isn't the first time I've heard him mention her.

When he was done he apologized "I'm sorry, this isn't why i came to see you, i promise"

"it's alright i understand..." i stopped wondering whether or not to ask him about Tahira, if you don't you'll never know  obsessive curiosity would be my downfall "...who's Tahira?"

His deep set eyes suddenly focused on mine, the weight of his look made me turn away, i have never met anyone so intimidating. We where both quiet for a minute maybe two, it was getting awkward, which could only mean one of two things. He still loves her and he still loves her. I wasn't comfortable with either.

I felt his eyes avert from me and then he said "She's Zainab's friend"

"girlfriend?" i heard the words escape from my lips and immediately wish i didn't ask.

He was now closely looking at me, as if he was being careful "ex" he confirmed.

Well since it's already weird and awkward i might as well ask him what i really wanted to know "do you love her?" oh! Shit!! I should not have asked, i wasn't sure i really wanted to know. I had this policy don't ask a question if you're not sure you would be atleast 60%  comfortable with whatever the answer might be. I lived by this.

He leaned forward and took my hand "I'm with you" errrrhh wrong answer, but the message was quite clear, he did and he didn't want to lie, i admired that about him but in this case i wished he lied, i felt an empty hallow feeling combined with regret. Adilah why did you even ask.

"what kind of relationship did you have with her?"  i heard the words patter, what in God's name is wrong with me, well it was that time in the month (if you know what i mean😒) so you can under my frustration.

"Meaning?"  he asked plainly.

I maintained silence, and he asked again suspiciously "Adilah? what did you mean?" oh shit! He knows!! I went through his phone, stupid, i know!! but that's the only way to get anything out of this guy. Calm down Adi he can't possibly know anything. I summoned all my boldness and faced him only to look into his eyes and loose my courage. I put back down my defenses he already had me exactly where he wanted. "never mind"

He was quick to change the subject "muje Bombay to Beirut, i heard suna lebenese dishes. I should learn to eat those sosai, tunda dai I'm with a half lebenese"

This isn't fair i wanted to talk about his ex girlfriend, but i decided to leave that fight for another day and flow with him "did you know i make the best shawarma ever?"

He was more than thrilled i was taking the bait "oh! you don't say? Lebenese style??"

I smiled and fluttered my eyelashes "100% , you should try it"

"i most definitely will"  he was enthusiastic.

I rushed in even more frustrated than i was a few minutes ago with Abdulmaleek, i opened the door to our room and started to tap my feet on the floor "ooooooooooooooooooo" i began to whine.

Lala was on the bed staring up at me "Trouble in paradise?" she asked.

"worse, cramps. That and i asked him if he loved her and he couldn't answer"  i complained

"and assuming he said yes, would that have made you happy?" again she asked switching her position.

"what, I'mma kill him"  i replied irritatingly. Ok this pain is real, the lower part of my abdomen was seriously clamping, I'm not sure who i want to kill first,  my unborn babies or their possible father. 

She used her tumb and index finger to support her chin, and she pushed her mouth "hmm, but if he had said no? Would that have satisfied you"

"what, hell he'd be lying and i already know"  i felt foolish immediately after i replied "urggh i get your point"  i added plainly. There was no hiding the satisfaction on her face, my sister enjoyed making me the fool of every conversation.

"What happened to don't ask a question if you're not sure you would be atleast 60%  comfortable with whatever the answer might be?"

I collapsed helplessly on the bed "my God this is hard"

Lala crossed over to my bed to lie beside me on her left arm facing me as i was on my right arm, putting her other arm on around my waist " you mean the cramps or the whole math circled around the reproductive system?"  we both chuckled "it's never that black and white with men Adi"

"whats not black and white? its either he loves her or he doesn't. He can't love us both at the same time"  i was bitterly complaining, it just wasn't making any sense to me.

"Actually he can, maybe not equally at the same time, but it's not as impossible as you're making it sound"

"if i can't have him all, then i don't want him at all"

Lala smiled and hugged me closer "oh, you poor thing! so you won't have a problem leaving him to her then?"

I wasn't sure i heard her right, call me slow but sometimes it takes a few seconds for words to register on my brain, but as usual her point was quite clear.  I wasn't willing to let him go for anyone, not at all.  "my God Lala you're terrible, i hate you"

"i know" she grins "and you're welcome"  she added and moved back to her bed "well if you want i could talk to him for you, maybe find out the answers to all the questions you might have? I'm good with mysterious men"

The thought of Lala flirtatiously chatting with my boyfriend was not something i was willing to allow, don't  get me wrong there's no one i trust more, i just wasn't willing to permit her to get close to anyone i was into. We do look alike after all.  "Hell na!!! I don't trust you"

Lala gasped Loudly  placing her left hand on the left side of her chest "i am hurt, okay seriously don't let it bother you, I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about, besides we all have that one ex"  she rolled her eyes.

"that's different, how do i know he doesn't run back into her arms every time he goes back to kd, maybe i should be intimate with him, keep his mind off her"

She rolled her eyes "don't be stupid Adi, it won't  bring you close, it'll just create more problems for you" and then she made a crooked smirk "plus if you try that shit, I'll report you to mom"

"and of course you'd know"  i was sarcastically trying to make her understand that i wouldn't tell her.

"You can't hide something that big from me, i read you like a book" OK  i admit that it'll be impossible to hide it from her, she's my best friend and we tell each other everything, well... almost everything.

The door was opened "Mom"  we both screamed and ran to hug our mother.

"my beautiful babies, sai dai ba mazaje" mom teased and we all laughed.

"well ni dai na kusa mom remember that guy i told you about?"  Lala began all excited.

Our mom sighs and sits down on the bed "scratch him off the list Lala, your grandfather thinks he can get you a better match"

"what! mom!! no!! i like him wallahi sosai, he's down to earth, and filthy rich"  Lala stutters

I was actually enjoying this, at least now she wont be marrying before me.

"Oh baby girl, you don't have a choice. If you had agreed to come live with me, things would have been different. But here in his house he is judge and jury" mom pats Lala on her back. Lala was speechless, and i laughed.

"now to why I'm really here, Adilah your grandfather wanted me to be the one to tell you, Abdulmaleek's representatives would be coming for the formalities in two weeks."   i screamed unconsciously, and jumped up "ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Mom what???  Oh my God!!! Mom are you serious?"

I was in shock.

Mom glared at me"kin san ni tsaran wasan ki ne ai"  with that she stood up and added "he said to tell you that both your weddings would be on the same day, and the dates would be set to 2months"

Lala stood up, she was the only person still sitting down "do i even get a chance to know who i would be marrying?" she asked mom hoping for at least an explanation .

"All things in due time my Lala, patience!!! Bari inje in gaida shi"  then mom walked out closing our door.

I jumped hugging my sister excitedly "Yes, finally, but he was here just now, why didn't he just tell me."   I was expecting a reply but instead i started to hear sobs, i moved back to examine her and Lala bursted into tears, i was so happy i didn't realize how all this must make her feel.

"No! Lala, come on" i hugged her tightly and she hugged me back tighter, crying louder without restraint. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

My sister, the love of my life, her happiness matters more to me than anyone else's. I wish we could trade places and she could be happy even if i wasn't  "I'm so sorry, i love you" i whispered.

ZAINAB AND ABDUL'S

Tahira, Ummi and Hadiza went to clean Zainab's house. The hospital would be discharging her soon and her house was a mess. 

It took them 2 long hours to perfectly clean Zainab's  5 bedroom, 2 parlors, 4 toilets,  one giant kitchen bungalow. They only cleaned the 3 rooms that where functional, both the parlors, 3 toilets, and the kitchen. But still it took time to dust and sweep.

Ummi was cleaning the kitchen "la haula wa la quwwata Zainab akwai kazanta na ba'i"

Tahira who was done with her part was now just keeping Ummi company "gidan ne ma da shegen girma, look at how big the rooms are fa"

"ni dai naji jiki wallahi"

"kutt har maga na kike yi, you should see how spotless her carpet now is, ya ji magic hands" Tahira teased.

"what i don't understand is how he could leave her alone haka"

Tahira didn't think she was in a place to talk about Zainab's marriage, not even to her own sister. So she changed the topic "Ummi mazan yanzu ko basu da hankali, kin san wannan pilot din da na fara dating? " i asked

"yeah na tuna shi wannan da yace zai kai ki outing, then kika ce mishi da friends din ki and he ended up not showing?"

They both laughed "shegiya baki mantuwa, shi fa"  they laughed again

"sai bura uban karya kuwa, he was like telling wani nonsense, wai shi fa gaskiya ba zai iya dating yarinya ba, kuma ba wani 'romances' ba.  Mugun ba kauye ne fa, amma sai iskan ci" and they laughed  again

Ummi stopped Washing the plates and turn around to enjoy the story "sai kika yi yaya da shi?"

"ya kuwa zanyi da shi Ummi, i swear i can't stand him, kuma fa ko? yana da kyau ba wai bai da shi ba, sai mugun kauyenci"

"hmm toh Allah ya sawake, everybody wants to fit it. I swear i'm so tired i wish i could trade places with Zainab. Being single is so hard"

Tahira only looked at Ummi, thinking "if only you knew"

They heard the gate being opened and the sound of a car coming in, they shared a look and both concluded,  saying her name at the same time "ZAINAB" and both went outside to meet her. 

✴〰✴〰✴〰✴〰✴〰✴〰✴〰
One moment you're happy the next moment you're not.  Who deserves to be Abdulmaleek's bride? Tahira, Adilah, Or Lala? I leave the ball in your court XOXO 😘

P. S this chapter is still unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 322 16
~Arhan Mirza~ "Your One Innocent Mistake and I will turn Your life into Hell" ~ZamZam Farooqui~ "Mistakes Are Proof that you are trying, it's part of...
192K 15.2K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
26.1K 2.7K 55
A coincidental car accident brought two souls meant for each other together at the time they never expected. Zayba Isah Bature, a sister to Hibba Isa...
1.2K 149 12
𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔰𝔬 𝔠𝔯𝔲𝔢𝔩, 𝔡𝔬 ℑ 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯? 𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖 When the tw...