Pretty Please Don't Pinch Me

By WordsWithGem

What happened to me is something I could never have dreamed up in my wildest imagination. I mean, no one real... More

Author's Note
1. The Concert
2. The Meet
3. Montgomery Manor
4. The (Non) Date
5. The Morning After
6. Hers
7. Prying Eyes
8. The Invite
9. Meet The Family
10. Sunday Dinner
11. The Aftermath
12. The Call
13. The Swim
14. The Moment
15. The Pick Up
16. Me
17. Mystery Beauty
18. Poppy Elston
19. The Event
20. Never Have I Ever
21. The Return
22. Tattoos
23. Skype
24. The Betrayal
25. An Introductory Faint
26. Prior Engagements
27. Nervous
28. Yesterday
29. Unspeakable Things
30. The Text Message
31. Mementos
32. Some Guy
33. One Thing
34. Firsts
35. Harry
36. The Chase
37. The Old Ball & Chain
38. Famous
39. Charades
40. The Talk
41. Letting Go
42. She Looks So Perfect
43. Blending In
44. Talk Dirty
45. Countless Doubts
46. Kendall Jenner
47. One Night Stand
48. The Riddle
49. The Realisation
50. The Final Night
51. Not Soon Enough
52. Goodbyes
53. Breaking Down
54. Cold Encounters
55. This Is It
56. Gemma is the Better Styles
57. Naked Encounters
58. Caught
59. Brits Ready
60. The Brits
61. Having A Wee
62. The Truth
63. Lost & Found
64. Knock Knock
65. Say Something
66. The Last Time
67. Gone
68. The Funeral
69. The Will
70. Inheritance
72. One Month Later
73. Bad
74. The Underground
75. Ava Rose
76. The End
77. Ready
78. One More Chance
79. Too Much
80. Memory Lane
81. Only You
82. Back At It Again
83. Exhausted
84. Water Under the Bridge
85. Blackened Steak & Hushed Tones
86. Normal Couples
87. White Girl Wasted
88. All I Want
89. Hungover
90. Making Up or Breaking Up
91. In Plain Sight
92. Pinched
93. Take Two
94. Hopeless
95. Circles
96. Old Faces
97. Taxi Rides & Hotel Rooms
98. Priorities
99. Nostalgia
100. Hope is for the Hopeless
101. Our Moment
A Message
Fanfiction Awards 2017

71. Kings Road Chelsea

163K 4.3K 906
By WordsWithGem

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

"I feel like I've forgotten something," I worry aloud as we drive to the airport.

"Well it's definitely not your phone," she laughs. "Oh, and while we're on the topic, do you think you can maybe not throw this one into the ocean like the last one?" she asks, and I can't help but laugh.

It seems like a silly idea to me now, looking back, but Harry leaving me is one of the hardest things I've had to go through. I don't completely trust myself enough to resist calling him when I'm drunk, or in a moment of weakness. I didn't completely think it through, as there is always twitter, but I'm adamant that I'm going to remain strong, and Scarlett has already warned me that if I resort to twitter I will experience her wrath.

Not that I've ever been a big user of twitter, but I do enjoy going through my mentions from time to time and surprised at the amount of support that people have for me at the moment. Most of them are sweet messages about my grandparents, but somehow Harry usually manages to find himself mentioned in them too.

@hxrrrrystyles
"Such a shitty thing to happen babe! At least you have a Harry to make things all better x"

 @MaryAsh98
"I didn't see Harry in any of the pics at the funeral. Are you still together? Can you please follow back too!"

 @rebeccabeeby
"So Ava Sinclair's grandparents died, but she probably inherited like a zillion dollars and she's dating Harry. She pretty much wins at life. Ugh #notfair"

I close the twitter app on my phone once we've found a parking space, check in, and make our way through to our departure gate. We stop off at a WH Smith store to pick up aeroplane supplies.

I grab some skittles, sour worms, lollipops, Doritos, and some pods before Scarlett grabs my hand.

"I thought we said we would get the essentials," she eyes, judging me.

"These are essential. Shut up," I say, elbowing her.

We walk over to the magazine rack, and my eye catches on a dress that I recognise, before actually realising it's me in the dress.

"Oh shit, it's you," she laughs. "What does it say?"

I flick through the pages of the magazine and fall upon a double spread article emblazoned with the title,

"Australia's Own Heiress."

The article goes on to speculate that I could be potentially inheriting sixteen million dollars.

Scarlett scoffs as she reads that part,

"Oh, if only they knew," she laughs.

It also acknowledges the not so subtle lack of Harry's presence, and it even hints that I've moved on with another attractive man that I have been seen "cuddled up to". When I see the photo, I feel like throwing up my stomach's contents when I see that the man in question is my older brother Brooklyn.

"Oh God I hope that's not true," Scarlett jokes, making a heaving sound. "I don't think I could love you if it were."

"Very funny," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Oh what bastards!" she announces, "Look here, they're even saying you were using Harry for money." She puts on an annoying voice as she quotes the opinion section of the article,

"It looks like Miss Sinclair no longer needs Harry to buy her nice things when she can now afford them herself..."

"How horrible!" she comments. "What a horrible woman. I wonder who would say such a stupid thing," she says, flicking the page. I laugh at the irony as Scarlett bitches about some celebrity going off the rails, when she has just read a completely false article about myself.

"Girls, are you going to buy that or what?" the shop assistant gruffly asks us.

We take the magazines and junk food to the counter and pay. A little disappointed when Scarlett beat me to paying for the things, because I was actually looking forward to the prospect of using my shiny new credit card for the first time.

                                                 -    -    -    -    -

"Ava, wake up – we've landed," Scarlett says nudging me.

I try to remember why I'm sitting practically on her, before I remember feeling lonely in my little first class booth, and I needed the company of my friend.

"I know you're loaded now, but thanks for bringing me along.," she says, turning to my seriously. "You know I would have done the same for you."

We exit the plane, and wait for our things at the luggage carousel. Once we have our bags, we await a taxi and as we get in, I realise I have no idea where we're headed.

This always seems to be the case in these taxis...

"So where are you lovely ladies off to then?"

Scarlett and I look at each other, both of us absolutely clueless.

"Take us somewhere fancy," I boldly decide. "Somewhere expensive."

"Whatever you say," he replies, as he begins driving in the direction of the city in this heavily congested London traffic.

"Whatever you say," Scarlett quietly mimics in her best attempt at an English accent, and we are the pure definition of happiness as we take car selfies during the trip. We daringly hold our arms out the window in pure bliss as "We Can Be Heroes" by David Bowie plays on the radio.

We pass a bus stop and I have to physically restrain Scarlett to prevent her from yelling out "bus wankers!" which is a quote from one of our favourite English comedies 'The Inbetweeners.' Thankfully so, because we had to stop at the traffic lights only meters away, and I wasn't so keen to start off my European holiday with a physical fight.

We finally arrive at the hotel conveniently located within walking distance to Oxford, Bond, and Regent Street, slightly disheveled after our twenty-six hours of travelling. We are "greeted" by a snooty looking woman who barely looks as us as we stand before her, waiting for her attention.

She finishes typing out her lengthy email that she decided was more important than us, before greeting us, "Can I help you?" she asks. Though we all know she is really asking "How can I get rid of you because you surely can't afford to stay here?"

"We'd like a room for at least tonight," I request.

The woman shifts in her seat uncomfortably, "Err, our cheapest room would be our Classic Room which is £480 per night."

She then leans in closer, "Look ladies, if you like, I can map out some of the more cheaper hotels within the area. Maybe something a little more appropriate?"

What a cow!

I look over to Scarlett who is open mouthed in shock, and I ring the bell that is place on the check in desk to get the attention of another worker.

A middle-aged man whose name badge confirms he is a Manager asks if there was anything he could help us with.

"Yes actually, I was wondering if you had any other employees that I could discuss booking a room with."

"May I ask what the problem is Madam?" he politely asks.

"Yes, my friend and I were looking to book a room for the night, and your employee has rudely suggested that we try elsewhere for somewhere more affordable."

The woman looks quite sheepish in her chair as I call her out on her behaviour.

"I am ever so sorry. We would be more than happy to accommodate the pair of you," he replies, "May I ask what type of room you are looking for?"

"The best room that you have available," I say boldly.

"Very well," he answers. "Our Infinity Suite is£2,200 per night, and contains an infinity spa bath, high ceilings, Champagne and chocolates on arrival, and magnificent views of the city."

I look over to a smiling Scarlett.

"We'll take it," we say simultaneously.

The room is grander and more lavish than either of us could have ever dreamed and we jump up and down on the four-post King bed, and collapse on the extravagant sheets.

"I can already tell we're going to have an amazing holiday," she breathes. "Maybe we can strike gold and meet some cute European boys willing to show us around," she winks.

I don't say anything because that is the absolute furthest thing from my mind right now. When you've just gotten out of a relationship, the last thing you want is to find someone to move on with...even temporarily as Scarlett has hinted to me on the plane ride over. I also know her attempt at suggesting boys is all a show. She's been constantly messaging someone back and forth, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's Calum. She pretends that he was a meaningless fling, but I know Scarlett, and know there's more to it. The matter was further confirmed when Calum took extra care to look after me when I found myself drunk in their hotel room. He took me under his wing, and even stood up for me to Harry. I just know that he was probably working under Scarlett's convincing requests, and she did mention he was drunkenly messaging her quite a bit.

Should I say something?

"And how is Calum?" I bravely ask, cringing internally as the words carelessly slip out of my mouth.

Uh oh. Too late.

I notice her body language stiffen slightly.

"He's okay," she shrugs. "Why do you ask?"

"You're allowed to like him you know. I won't care if you see him. I think he's a nice guy," I add.

"I know, but - "

"Scarlett I don't care that he has an association to Harry. He's a lovely guy. Don't let my mistakes potentially ruin anything for you. I also never did thank him for how he looked after me that night in London."

Though I don't know how sympathetic he would be, knowing now what had happened between Luke and I.

"He actually invited us to go see them record their new track this afternoon if you feel up to it," she informs me.

I think hard before answering. I really want to go but I don't think it's the best idea seeing Luke at this point of my breaking up process. I don't need to take a step backwards, but instead need to work on myself. I also don't really want to risk being seen at the recording studio where 5 Seconds of Summer are currently working in. Yes, we're broken up, but I don't really want Harry thinking I've moved on so openly.

"Look, I am so tired," I explain, half lying. "I think I'm just going to take a nice nana nap here."

"You will do no such thing!" she orders, almost looking offended. "Actually, scrap the recording studio. Lame idea. We've just arrived in London and we need to see the sights, and do cheesy touristy things.

Oh my gosh I hate that she can talk me into absolutely anything.

I look over at her smug face and she knows she's already won.

"Fine," I groan, and try to refrain from throwing something at her to stop her from being so cheery.

                                                     -    -    -    -    -

"Did you end up getting any nice ones?" she asks, referring to pictures on the camera as we sit atop an iconic double decker sightseeing bus.

"A few I think," I reply, quite uninterested. Scarlett is giving an Oscar winning performance of acting oblivious to my mood, though I know she senses it. I know I've been a little glum for the day, but it's a little hard to go past sights like O2 arena, and not be reminded of the last night with Harry. I cannot even describe the terror as we drive past the road that leads to his house. My heart beats through my chest at the rate of a hummingbird's, and as irrational as it sounds, I cover my face in fear that he might see me drive by. The thought is quite ludicrous considering the sheer size of London, though it doesn't make it any easier on me.

"Yes!" Scarlett almost shouts, jumping to her feet "Get up, get up, get up!" she orders me as the bus comes to a halt. I do as I'm told and watch as the bus leaves us there in the middle of the pretty street.

"Well was that really necessary?" I ask.

"Yes, it's necessary!" she says, pointing to a sign that means absolutely nothing to me.

"Borough of Chelsea – King's Road SW3"

I read out the sign, "And?" I say, holding up my hands in frustration.

"This is where they film 'Made in Chelsea!' she giggles, absolutely beside herself with joy. "Come on," she says, grabbing my arm and leading me further down the street, "Who knows, maybe we might run into that attractive yet cheating scoundrel Alex. Or even Jamie! He seems so lovely."

I have no idea of the names of the people she is listing, but it gives us something to do. We walk through the beautifully lined streets, and it's almost with each step that a weight is lifted off my shoulders. I no longer have to pretend to be having a good time, but for the first time since leaving the hotel I seem to be enjoying myself again.

I love the trendy vibe of this street that seems to be filled with young, vibrant people enjoying the English summer. We pass little boutiques stocking clothes and accessories from up and coming designers, quirky antique shops, and high-end designer stores.

We stream in and out of each store, and I manage to do a little bit of damage to my credit card with some of our purchases. We automatically attempt to walk into the next store on our mission to go into every store along the street, however it's locked.

"It must be closed," I mutter, trying to peer into the store.

"Oh hang on," she says, pointing to the sign in the window that I initially didn't notice.

"For Lease"

With a number of a Real Estate Agency written underneath for any enquiries.

The store is gorgeous. The exterior is painted a soft white, with a large ornate golden doorknob. It just has a lovely feel to it.

I quickly take a snap of the sign, taking down its details. I would be lying to myself if I didn't acknowledge the fact that this is the first time that things seem to make sense for me since Harry. There is something about this street, and this particular store that just seems right. Opening a clothing boutique has always been my dream, though I never thought I would have an opportunity to fulfill it so soon in my life. I think back to Scarlett's words only yesterday,

I do need to start doing things for me that would make me happy. I do need something that I can put my absolute heart and soul into that would take away from things going on in my personal life. My heart beats fast at the possibility of this new venture.

It won't hurt to call at least...

I take one last look into the store before Scarlett interrupts me.

"Are you alright?" she asks, already in the entranceway of the next store.

"I will be," I smile, following her.

Author's Note: Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy the fact that I'm writing on my only proper day off in so long. Poor me :(  I would love you all if you please remembered to vote. Maybe even go back a few chapters to see if you've missed a few? Yeah? No? Okay haha. I appreciate the 2,397,956 views which is over 100K views in just a day?!? Oh my gosh - insane!

I suggested in my last chapter the thought of perhaps creating a Harry POV chapter, and while a lot of you wanted it, there were also lots who agreed that it's probably better in not knowing what he's thinking. Also, next chapter I'm trying out something I've never attempted in writing, so be scared and prepared.

You might have noticed I added a few of your twitters in the chapter. I chose them in order of the people who retweeted my tweet about expressing your interest, and I hope to get through them all :) 

This chapter you all had such lovely things to say, and I found it so hard to choose my favourite comment that I legitimately was like "eeny meeny miny mo" among the narrowed down list, but the dedication ended up going to @
hazzas_slave. Thank you for the ginormous comment. I now have a ginormous head because of it haha. Also thanks to @sophiebum111 - your comment that you watch my trailer "for old times sake" made me laugh, thank you to @frat_house_narry - I want to meet and hug you too haha, and lastly thanks to @valval99 - your comment touched my little heart!

Thanks again for reading. Please vote, and tweet PPDPM if you're loving it :) 

Love gemgem x

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan
Ask away! | ask.fm/gemmaastylesss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492 17 24
PREVIEW: I nod again, slower this time. While biting my bottom lip. I turn around so my back is facing Harry. His fingers graze my neck as he swoops...
1.4M 35.7K 37
18+ / Very Mature "So you've been stalking me?" "Completely." I laugh at his candor and I watch as his eyes light up, "I applaud your honesty." "Why...
367K 7.7K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
13.8K 557 64
The world finds odd ways to put people together. For them, it was PR. ~ She walked along the shore, the humid air, feeling much colder next to the b...