GRAVITY [OLD VERSION] | PRINC...

By theauthoralicia

[πŽπ‹πƒ π•π„π‘π’πˆπŽπ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π†π‘π€π•πˆπ“π˜ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ ππ‘πˆππ‚π„π“πŽπ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐙... More

π†π‘π€π•πˆπ“π˜
πŽπ‹πƒ π•π„π‘π’πˆπŽπ: π”ππ„πƒπˆπ“π„πƒ
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
GRAVITY: EPILOGUE
BOOK TWO

CHAPTER 14

503 27 19
By theauthoralicia

Meanwhile - Three Hours Later

Monroe, After expressing our emotions and feelings towards one another, we went to our happy place and goofed off a bit. We had lunch at In-and-Out again then took a long walk around the entire Greenwood neighborhood. However, it was growing dark now, but we weren't ready to separate. Prince wanted to show me something, so I followed his path until we reached our destination.

"Uh, what are we doing here?" I asked, nervous of his answer.

"Relax mama." He said as he cautiously looked around.

"Why are we at school?" I whispered.

"You don't have to whisper, there's no one here." He chuckled. I remained silent, clutching onto my arms as we grew closer to the building. I've never done anything like this before, I've never done anything that was actually wrong before. The incident that happened last week is still something I haven't gradually coped on to yet. I'm not considered as your average badass.

I follow Prince around the corner of the building, spotting a door on the side. The more anxious this was getting, the more afraid I gotten. I'm already on thin ice with Corbin, I don't need anything else to happen.

"What are you doing?" I asked Prince as he placed his hand on the knob of the door. He stuffed his hand into his pocket then replied.

"Trying to get in." He said as I hear the sound of a blade. He held his pocket knife in his hand, sticking the tip of it in the lock.

"Are you crazy? We're gonna get caught!" I whispered once again.

"You really don't know how to live, do you sweetness?" He chuckled, focusing on the lock again.

"I'm serious Jacob." I said sternly. He paused for a moment as I soon realized I called out his first name. I know that he perfers to be called by his nickname, but is it really that serious? I think Jacob is a great name, why would he become so sensitive?

I felt his presence near me, hovering over my small body as I bit my lip, nervously. I found the courage to look into his eyes as they grew darker by the minute.

"Do you trust me?" His voice grew a bit deeper. I bit my lip again, looking away from him. He placed his hand under my chin, gently turning my attention back to him.

"Do you trust me, Monroe?" He softly asked. Did I really trust him? Or was I just crazy in the head for following this guy around? I know he's considered as the troublemaker, but I know he wouldn't do anything that dumb, right?

"Y-yes." I answered. He smiled, pecking my cheek before focusing back on the lock. I push the small strands of hair away from my face, waiting patiently for him to get the door open. I hear a click and he slowly pulled it open, taking my hand. We made our way in and he placed something in between the door in order to keep it open.

"Come on." He said. We slowly made our way down the hallway as I look around the school.

"Why haven't I seen this part of the school before?" I asked, hearing my voice echo through the hall.

"Because this part is off limits." He answered. He came to a complete stop then cut the corner, entering the main hall of the school. I kept quiet, silently praying that we wouldn't get caught. I did trust Princeton, but I've never done this before; knowing how the last incident went down, I wouldn't want to risk anything happening again.

Yet another part of my conscious actually enjoyed this. I'm a teen who never got a whiff of life, doing things that most teens do and that's getting into something most of the time. You're supposed to live your life, experiencing right from wrong, making mistakes and creating memories.

"Monroe?" Prince softly called. I broke away from my thoughts, picking my head up. I gasped in awe as I study the night sky. I didn't even realize that we were outside again.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Then why didn't we just stay outside instead of just-" I began, slowly looking down.

"Oh." I sung, realizing that we were at the top of the school building. He chuckled, pulling me back a bit, wrapping his arm around me.

"It looks better up close." He answered.

"It does, it's beautiful." I said in amazement. There were so many stars out tonight and the color was mesmerizing to look at.

"I know." He responded.

"Sadly, you can only see it better here." He added. Before I could respond, I spotted something flying across the sky, throwing me off a bit.

"Oh my goodness." I said, realizing what it was. Prince chuckled, looking towards me. I've never seen a shooting star in my entire life, I don't think there weren't any back in Georgia.

I shut my eyes for a moment, wishing for something so real that if it ever came true, my life would be complete. Sure, I could wish for a new car, friends, popularity--but none of that stuff matters to me. I just wanted something that could last for a lifetime.

"What did you wish for?" Prince asked me. I finally opened my eyes, focusing on him as he studied me for a moment, waiting for an answer.

"I-"

"You don't have to tell me princess." He said, focusing back on the sky.

"You're supposed to keep your wishes sacred." He said.

"True." I began.

"Have you ever wished for something?" I asked.

"Plenty of times." He replied.

"I'll tell you mine." I began, catching his attention.

"If you tell me yours." I said. He looked down, stuffing his hands into his pockets, softly chuckling.

"Alright, count of three." He said.

"One." He said, looking back at the night sky.

"Two."

"Three."

"Happiness." We said in unison. We made eye contact as I giggle in response, blushing at what just happened.

"Man." He said.

"You really are something special." He said to me. I shrugged, sending him a warm smile as well as he.

"I'd love to watch this all night, but I have to get home." I told him.

"Right, your brother." He said.

"But I appreciate you bringing me here." I say.

"Any time, love." He smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We trailed back into the building, slowly heading down the stairs. It was silent between us the entire time as we walked the long halls of the school. I kept my focus on the scene back there; he's such an amazing guy. The fact that he wished for the same thing is almost like a win-win.

I felt his warm skin against mine as he slowly took my hand into his, locking our fingers together. I could feel my cheeks burning while looking down at the polished floor. My stomach is catching butterflies at this point, the feeling growing stronger at and I liked it.

We made our way out of the school and he closed the door behind us. Our attention were taken back by the sound of a group of guys, hollering and laughing as if they didn't had any kind of sense. Prince and I stepped from around the corner, seeing the group drawing graffiti on the side of the school building. One of them eventually noticed our presence, letting the others know.

"Look who it is!" One said.

"I recognize that fro from any damn where!" He continued said.

"Let's go." Prince stated while taking my hand, leading me into the student parking lot.

"Don't run from me Perez!"

"Unless you want me to embarrass you in front of your little friend!" Prince suddenly came to a stop, biting his lip in frustration. I could tell by his facial expression that he was aggravated by the guy.

"That's what I thought-dumb ass always running from me."

"You just a no good, coward!"

"Prince ignore him, let's just go." I say, trying to lead him further down the parking lot. He remained still, listening to every word this guy said, slowly but surely growing tired of it.

"Turn around and face me like a real man, don't be scared now, nigga!"

"Prince-" I began until he turned around, letting go of my hand.

"Jacob Perez." The imbecile called out with a slight chuckle. My body soon grew heated and those butterflies soon faded away as I realized who the guy was.

"What the hell do you want, Daniel?" Prince asked.

"I haven't seen you since I got suspended for trying to dump your little girlfriend's head in the toilet." He chuckled as his friends howled like wolves. I look down at my fingers in embarrassment as that day comes to mind.

"Wait...ain't that her right there?" He asked and I shot a glare at him as he bit his lip.

"You just keep getting sexier and sexier by the day don't you baby girl?" He asked me.

"Watch it Simmons." Princeton growled.

"You know, I can treat you better than he can?" He said.

"I'd pass the offer." I replied.

"Damn, baby girl even sound good, oh you got you a good one boy." He chuckled.

"What that mouth do though?" He asked me.

"I said watch yourself!" Prince grew angrier, roughly pushing Daniel back against his people. They were ready to attack until Daniel stopped them.

"Look at you, trying to protect this girl when you're only going to break her little heart in the end." He began.

"Don't fuck with me Simmons!" Prince snapped, jumping towards him.

"No, Princeton don't!" I said, trying my hardest to pull him back.

"Or what? You gonna get your weak ass grandma to fight me? Huh? Curse me out in Spanish? She's always coming to your rescue!" Daniel snapped.

"Don't bring my grandmother in to this shit!" Prince growled, jumping at him again; the more Daniel said, the closer Princeton got.

"Why not, she is the one who fights your battles, right?" Daniel interrogated.

"She got more balls than you, son." He chuckled. Princeton inched closer to him until he backed away and I took that as an opportunity to calm him down.

"Princeton look at me." I said, stepping in front of him. He kept his eyes on Daniel the entire time as his chest heaved quickly.

"Look at me." I demanded softly yet sternly. His eyes soon met mine as I caress his cheek, giving him a reassuring look.

"He's only trying to get into your head, okay don't listen to him." I say.

"Let's just go, alright?"

"Isn't that sweet?" Daniel questioned.

"Shit disgusts me." He growled. Before another word was said, I was pulled away from Prince as his boys tackled him to the ground.

"NO, DON'T!" I yelled.

"GET OFF ME!" He groaned in pain.

"Sorry sweetheart, but your boyfriend deserves a beating that he should've gotten a couple of weeks back." Daniel said as he stood in front of me.

"PRINCETON!" I yelled as they attacked him like wild animals. I tried my hardest to get by, pushing Daniel as hard as I could but he was too strong to get past.

"No, no, no baby girl." He chuckled, pushing me back.

"You're gonna watch and enjoy this." He grinned.

"BEAT HIS FACE IN STEVEN!" He yelled at one of his boys with an evil cackle.

"Please stop your hurting him." I gasped, holding my hands to my lips as the tears fled down my cheeks.

"Don't have a smoothie to save him now, huh?" He cackled.

"STOP IT!" I cried, trying to get pass Daniel. I hear the cries of Princeton as he tried his hardest to fight back, but there were too many of them.

"PLEASE!" I begged. I grew frustrated at this point, swiftly sending my hand across Daniel's cheek. You heard it throughout the parking lot and that pissed him off.

"STOP!" He order. I watched them pull away from Prince. His white tee covered in his own blood and his lip busted. He cried out in pain, struggling to move as I eased my way passed Daniel, roughly pushing past his boys.

"Princeton!" I call as he turned over, resting on his knees. A cold of blood slowly escaped from his lips as he held onto his side.

"The fuck is your problem!" I snapped, looking at all of them as I placed my hands against Prince's sides.

"I'll tell you my problem." Daniel answered as he made his way over to me. He yanked me away from Prince, pulling me further away from him.

"Pick his ass up!" Daniel ordered.

"My problem!" He began as I snatched away.

"My problem is that he owes me!" He said.

"He has a fucking price to pay and he's going to pay his debt one way or another."

"And that's even if I have to take you out." He growled, squeezing my cheeks with his hand.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!" Prince yelled.

"OR WHAT PEREZ!" Daniel yelled, turning towards him.

"Or I'll kill you." He groaned still in pain and Daniel chuckled in response. I slapped his hand away, sending mine across his face again. He grew angrier, slapping me ten times as hard and Princeton growled aloud, trying to get out the hands of his crew. I held my face into my hands, looking towards Daniel with anger filled in my veins.

"You just don't know what you've gotten your ass into girl." He said to me.

"He's using you." He said.

"D-don't listen to him, Moe!" Princeton said aloud.

"He'll get what he wants out of you then break your heart into a million pieces."

"Then throw you away as if nothing ever happened." He finished.

"DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!" Prince yelled.

"Don't listen to him, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!" Daniel mocked, turning towards him. He charged towards Prince, roughly punching him in the stomach. Prince groaned in pain, swiftly falling to the ground.

"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FUCKING WEAKLING PEREZ!" He yelled, kicking him in the side.

"STOP IT DANIEL!" I ran over until his people held me back.

"YOU ARE A NOBODY!"

"YOU'RE HOPELESS JUST LIKE YOUR OLD MAN!" He continued.

"NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU!"

"YOU DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL!" He spat on him.

"STOP IT PLEASE!" I begged, trying to yank away from his boys. Suddenly the sound of sirens rung into my ears, catching everyone's attention--except Daniel's. He continued his beating as his boys let go, dropping me to the ground.

"SHIT! DANIEL WE GOT TO GO!" One yelled, pulling him away.

"ASSHOLES!" I yelled out to them in an angry tone. I dash over to Princeton as he lay there, breathing heavily with his eyes closed.

"Jacob?" I called, tucking my hair behind my ears. He groaned in response trying to get up until hurting himself.

"Shit!" He shrieked, resting back on the hard ground.

"I'm sorry Moe." He managed to get out.

"There's nothing to apologize for, it's not your fault." I replied.

"I c-couldn't protect you." He groaned. The sirens grew louder as I managed to pull his head into my lap. I ran my fingers through his curls as he managed to get his eyes open.

"Don't cry Princess." He barely stated.

"It's just a beating."

"I've had worse." He chuckled. I smiled a bit, knowing that he was going to be okay. But the fact of witnessing this happening to him was heart rending. If anything, Daniel is a ruthless coward who deserves to be ripped into shreds. I have no sympathy for this guy and I could care less about his feelings.

Police finally arrived, along with the ambulance and a familiar car as well. I pressed my lips together, knowing the outcome of this and my punishment will be extended as well. I should've kept my ass at home, but no--I had to become a rebel today.

"Over here!" One yelled as they raced towards us.

"What happened?" One asked.

"A group of guys attacked him." I began.

"Do you know who they were?" He asked.

"Daniel Simmons, I-I don't know the rest of them." I answered.

"We know exactly who they are." He said to me.

"Can you move son?" He asked Prince as he felt against his forehead. He said nothing in reply, he just remained still, breathing unsteady.

"Let's get him up." The officer stated to his partner. Prince groaned in pain as they slowly pulled him to his feet, leading him towards the ambulance truck. I stood my feet as well while standing there, gripping onto my arms again as I grew heated.

"MOE!" I heard. Corbin and Shaun raced over to me, embracing me before speaking.

"I'm fine." I told them.

"What happened?" Shaun asked.

"There was a fight." I began.

"A fight!"

"No one touched you did they?" Corbin asked me. I hesitated for a moment, remembering when Daniel slapped me. I think I've seen enough tonight, the last thing I need to see if my brother starting a riot.

"Don't lie to me, Monroe." He growled.

"No." I answered.

"No one touched me." I responded. They both sighed in relief, speaking to one another as I focused elsewhere. I step away from the two, spotting Princeton sitting up on the back of the ambulance. I lock my fingers together, slowly trailing over to him as he kept his eyes on the ground.

"Princeton?" I softly called. He pick his head up, staring into my eyes as I study him for a moment. His face clean, showing off his fresh cuts and bruises. His left eye swollen along with his jaw and bottom lip. He was a wreck and it hurts me seeing him this way.

"Hey." He softly greeted. He seemed like an innocent child, wanting to be loved by someone. I just wanted to embrace him and tell him that everything will be alright.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." I began.

"No need to apologize mama, I've been through worse." He said.

"You didn't have to do that." I said, stepping closer to him. I place my hand across his legs, inching between them as he removed his hand from his lip.

"Do what?" He sniffed.

"Prove your strength to them that way." I responded.

"The greatest strength, is walking away Jacob." I said, gently caressing his cheek.

"You can't keep letting yourself get so worked up over what he saids."

"It's not worth it-"

"And I know you're stronger than that." I finished.

"Let's go Monroe!" I hear Corbin say. I give Prince a gentle kiss on the cheek, slightly brushing my thumb against his bottom lip.

"Thank you Princess." He whispered to me, pressing his forehead against mine.

"I'll talk to you later." I tell him and he nods in response. I step away, heading towards the car. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time as I get inside. I huff aloud, sitting back against the seat as we drove home in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 370 10
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ a couple are reported missing and everyone claims to have nothing to do with it. but is everyone telling the truth?
14.4K 327 9
"wtf is a ctrl" "nigga you dumb" in which jayklickin fines his new wife through his fans on live
93.8K 3.4K 35
A fan of Megaman zero gets Reincarnated in the world of Honkai Impact as the legendary Reploid himself. He is surprised at first but then takes his p...
181K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...